It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My power outage/UFO experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Although lacking in inclusion of any and all memories of cold tables in saucer-shaped ships, black almond-shaped eyes and the alike, a few years ago I experienced an episode that at least once should be put in print.

Most likely, this type of story would fall in the category of "possible UFO-related experience" just before that verge of being or not being reported as such, but then again it just might be consistent with hundreds of similiar testimonials which summated might constitute a piece of that " ... is out there"- puzzle.

Okay, here goes, story;

It was very late in the evening, sometime in 2002. I sat in front of this very computer, fiddeling with a visual IP trace software called "Visual Route". I in fact even recall the very IP address I was trying (10.0.0.6), and pressing the "trace" (or whatever it says) button - when the power failed.

I took a peek through the window (viewing the 9.000 + inhabitants town outside), and observed a complete power outage.

Here something occurred that I have understood is at least somewhat usual in this type of experiences ... A course of action, a behavior that when it occurrs is felt and viewed upon as completely rational and normal, however in hindsight strikes the experiencer as ... not so.

Well, I went upstairs and went to bed. Which of course might sound completely normal to the reader, however, for me this would not be the case ... Rather, I would perhaps light a few candles, stubbornly awaiting the return of the power, or at least take a stroll through the blackened town, knowing this was a sight the this then excited teenager would likely only experience once in a lifetime.

Lying in bed however, I heard a noise. It first struck me as a truck, however I soon realized nor the volume, the location, or the pattern of movement of a truck was consistent with this noise.

Even today, I couldn't guess what could produce such a sound should I hear it again. But just perhaps, a number of extremely low-flying and almost entirely immobile 747's would be right-on.

Here, the aforementioned in hindsight at least subjectively strange behavior continued. The noise continued for quite some time; I however, remained in bed throughout the entire experience.

Today I know this behavior too is mentioned in connection to these types of experiences; i.e. a (assuming it effected e.g. all my neighbours) sort of mass hypnosis.

Not until a few days after the event, the for me uncommon course of action during the event struck me; and with it, the annoyance of not knowing what I would have seen and experienced had I gotten out of bed for just 30 seconds.

Also, the notion of the possibility of the memories being nothing more than a weird mixture of selected memories of dreams having been unconsciously spun around in the depths of my mind for a few days struck me, but was soon almost completely dispersed when I at least had the power outage confirmed by a friend of the family.

I will not speculate on the origins and reality of this experience, however anyone slightly aware of the UFO phenomenon is aware of the possible consequences of having a power station or a car just a bit too close to some of the supposed ships of our galactic neighbours.

I'm sorry if this story does not fulfill the excitement-demands of the average forum member, however I sincerely believe that even the most seemingly unexciting events when viewed as a whole will display the most exciting of pictures.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loengard
It was very late in the evening, sometime in 2002. I sat in front of this very computer, fiddeling with a visual IP trace software called "Visual Route". I in fact even recall the very IP address I was trying (10.0.0.6), and pressing the "trace" (or whatever it says) button - when the power failed.

Why would you be trying to trace that particular IP and why is the significance to the story?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Did you ever discover the reason for the power outage?
Anyone else report any odd noises or occurrences the same evening?
How deep did you dig for information, and when did you come to the conclusion that this could be a UFO related experience?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
10.0.0.6 is blackhole IANA ARIN internet assigned numbers authority its servers used for whois tracing.
It cant be used by anyone for anything.
Its the level3 communications ip's you have to watch for and block out.
They seem to come through any firewall any router like it is built into windows to allow them acess.
Level3 communications is used by fbi, cia, pentagon, nsa, doj, dod, MS, many large corporations, homeland security etc etc

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Being_From_Earth

I was trying to see if the OP understood its meaning and the fact it would not be on the internet, just the local network or non existent.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Loengard

Well... I read your post. Where exactly a ufo comes in picture? And what was the experience actually ?

That IP (10.x.x.x) is not for internet, you can't trace it, except when you have a private LAN. It must be your NIC's IP, not the ISP allocated one.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Thank you for your replies. To answer your questions;

At the time, 10.0.0.6 was the IP address of the DHCP server of my ISP, and no, it's not particularly important for the story, but then again the story isn't particularly important.

There was NOTHING in the local paper about the outage. Of course this surprised me, I have never experienced an outage like that not before nor after.

I did not conclude this was UFO related, it is merely an assumption based on a number of factors involving e.g. the noise combined with the location and speed of the source of the noise, the power outage, my to at least some extent for me unusual behavior, etc.

Thank you for your time.

top topics

join