It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland recession and goldmine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
what are the chances that only in Ireland does the country go into economic recession and find the largest goldmine in the uk in Monaghan, Ireland.
post your thoughts on the matter.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Luck of the Irish.
Someone followed a Rainbow to the end, killed the poor little leprechaun there and stole his pot of gold

Seriously though, I think Irish people do get lucky in times of crisis.
So does everybody though.. one of my thinkings is that, stuff always sorts itself out in the end, eventually, somehow.
And thats whats happened in Ireland.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Monaghan is not in the UK. it's in the ROI = Republic of Ireland. Not Northern Ireland, which is the UK.

There are Six counties in Northern Ireland UK and Twenty Six in ROI Republic of Ireland.

Northern Ireland UK Counties:
1 County Antrim
2 County Armagh
3 County Down
4 County Fermanagh
5 County Londonderry
6 County Tyrone

Counties in ROI Republic of Ireland:
1. Dublin
2. Wicklow
3. Wexford
4. Carlow
5. Kildare
6. Meath
7. Louth
8. Monaghan
9. Cavan
10. Longford
11. Westmeath
12. Offaly
13. Laois
14. Kilkenny
15. Waterford
16. Cork
17. Kerry
18. Limerick
19. Tipperary
20. Clare
21. Galway
22. Mayo
23. Roscommon
24. Sligo
25. Leitrim
26. Donegal

Edit-
I am from Northern Ireland and the only people that get it wrong are American tourists. Sorry to be picky, but its like saying Ontario is a state in the USA.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by InterWeb]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
How wlll this help the recession in Ireland?

The gold mine has an owner or group of owners and I'm sure the government will get their cut, but how will the average citizen be affected?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I cant log im so im replying anon. (Its ciaranmccann)

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
How would this benefit the people of Ireland? How does Guinness benefit the people? It would only mean more jobs.....probably filled by Eastern Europeans as Irish people are no longer attracted to or familiar with shovels.

...and mining engineering is not very high on the list of academic studies our students have pursued so some jobs for South Africans there.

It would also no doubt contribute something to government funds but most of the cash will probably go to the foreign mining companies.

Where it would benefit Irish people is that it would add to the wonderfully unique environmental destruction that we have embraced over very many years now.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Goldmine?!
News to me
I suppose it will help but it wont be a 100% soloution as our stocks fell 300 points 2 days ago because the biggest pharma. company in ireland (which is a stone throws away from where i live) posted massive downturnings even tho they helped create the new mircale alzimiers pill
Oh well

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The find of gold in Ireland is going to make zero difference to the likes of me.

Its not in any way lucky to us at all.

Its lucky to the people who found it yes!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hey, imo, the potential for a world class Irish gold discovery makes for far more enjoyable reading than another beheading, or crushed puppy story.

Risky, expensive game...resource development. Pure exploration companies generate no revenue. All funding comes through public stock offerings, private placements, and the ability to ultimately form successful joint venture partnerships. From the little I've read on this story, professor Conroy has been funding a good deal of this project out-of-pocket...so why not root for the old guy? There remains years of work ahead converting that 1MM inferred/indicated 'resource' body...into proven 'reserves'...building the mine infrastructure...and ultimately...into production. Judging from his apparent age...God forbid, he may never see the production/revenue stage. I'd guess he's attempting to develop a major resource body out of love for the industry, his personal legacy, and hopefully for benefit of those he'll leave behind.

While a good percentage of these exploration projects end-up being nothing more than "holes in the ground, surrounded by liars"...I get the impression there may be a degree of substance here.

Good luck Ireland.

Conroy Diamonds And Gold

Edit: Housekeeping

[edit on 6-8-2008 by OBE1]

top topics

join