It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Flashes in the night sky ,what are they,and have you seen them?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Nope this flash is not space junk. It is something like dimensional travel, now those ufo orbs in my avatar were filmed after seeing the four flash sequence which was the start of the experience. That is a real event.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
tarifa37 I have seen two bright flashes of white light in the sky followed by two "satellites" which moved away from the area of the flashes. I have no idea what they were but after each flash came what looked like satellites.

There was a third white flash as one of the satellites merged with the other and then bright orange lights flashing on and off as it moved over my house back in may 2008.

Thanks for posting. You are not seeing things (in case you thought you were).

I have seen them too. Below is a report I wrote right afterwards.

There was a flash of white light off to the right of where I was looking. I focused on the spot and there was a satellite moving over my house. My first thought was “cool” a satellite but then suddenly it flashed a rich blue and VERY defined cone of light aimed toward the north. Not far from this came an answer as a second white flash of omni directional light astounded me and a second satellite was suddenly moving toward the first one from where the second flash happened.

At this point, I am awe struck. The second satellite then flashed a red conical light toward the first satellite as it closed the distance. The first satellite then flashed a blue cone and the second satellite then merged with the first one with a white flash of omni directional light.

After the flash faded there was only the first satellite left, moving now over my house and heading east out towards the north sea looking to all intents and purposes like a satellite. I was flabbergasted to say the least and I was swearing under my breath and saying things a person says when they cannot believe what they are seeing. About five seconds after the “merge” the first satellite started to strobe an orange glow in a strange sequence, brightening, and dimming, nothing like the strobes I see from aircraft (Edinburgh airport is not far from where I live). The orange blinking seemed to mean something but I do not know what. These were not aircraft of that I am very.

Wide eyed I backed up as the object was about to disappear over the roof of my house and at this point I fell over my picket fence and broke it as I backed up, trying to keep it in view.

[edit on 29-6-2009 by Dissemination]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dissemination

Wow that is just incredible but being a witness to the same myself a typical account of the ufo orbs. The flash thing never really concerned me until this posting, now it makes you wonder. That account of your experience is realistic of them.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Thank you. I used to be a little wary of talking about what I saw and it caused me some problems, as I know no person with the same interest in the phenomenon.

It was amazing how quickly the people I know and called friends would roll their eyes and it got to the point where my wife even asked me to tell her I was seeing things and I had imagined it.

I am heading up north soon on a camping trip into the Scottish highlands. I am determined to capture this stuff on film but I have to try and talk my wife into lending me her high resolution camera which is no mean feat as we are separated now

Being "a ufo nut" (not my words) has not helped my case

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I live on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Several years ago I observed several flashes of blue light during the nightime hours while looking out over the Gulf of Mexico. The night sky was clear and I didn't hear any sound of thunder or an airplane. If I remember correctly it was in the early morning hours (0200 hrs). The flashes were way past the horizon and I could not have possibly observed what was producing them. I observed this on several occasions. I asked around if anyone could possibly know what was producing the light but no one could provide an answer. We have a naval base within a couple of miles of where I live but these flashes of light seemed like they were occurring at least one hundred miles away. Haven't seen them in a while, but really haven't been looking either.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

ufoorbhunter, at least we have seen somthing in common..

I've only seen some strange tumbling like satelites since then...

I would call it space junk now after my ATS findings, can't wait for my first Orb what ever it is

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I have seen this phenomena on several occasions, recently. The flashes have occurred in about the same area of the sky, hours apart, and observed on different days.

On a couple of occasions, there were multiple white flashes, as a strobe from a high altitude aircraft. Then there was nothing, like the strobe was turned off.

After the first observation tweaked my interest, I kept watch in the area, and noticed again and again the same...sometimes, just one flash, but always from the same area, though hours apart. I have ruled out star twinkle because it happens where the sky is barren of stars.

I have been hoping someone else had noticed similar events, and her it is on ATS. Old thread, but none the less, I knew I would see it here.

BTW I am in Tucson, AZ. The sightings were SSW, 60 to 70 degrees above the horizon.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks for the visual...very much as I experienced.

Not knowing what it is, I am not about to say ET, or UFO, but one has to wonder what is out there.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
strangly i have too seen this i think... two nighst ago i wanna say.. walking home with a friend and out of the corner of my eye at first i see a flash in the sky, chalked it up to heat lightning.. then i thought well thats kinda odd cause its not even hot out, im up in ny state where its been a cool summer ya know, it was a cool night.. no reason for heat lightning... and it kept happening every 15-20 min or so...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedev
The way a space junk reflection or iridium come on is not as acute as what I seen, I suppose it could be how fast the junk is spinning..? The attack of the flash was greater than I have ever seen!

I do have your theory in my head and totally understand your view but as an observer for 20 years on and off I think this looked different to anything I have seen...

From the first post on this topic I can only express my concern with the 4 camera like flashes, I was looking generaly in the same part of the sky for 30mins before and 10 mins after as I then headed straight to my pc to check Heavens Above for the Iridium's...

The light did not light up the whole sky or have colour, just: Flash....Flash....Flash....Flash....

Don't give up this topic folk's!

Is that right tarifa37 ?

You are dead right the flashes did not light up the sky but did look like a camera flash from a great distance.And as for the space junk theory I just don't buy it.A spinning piece of junk would flash but in a straight line as it traveled across the sky.What I saw was a flash followed by a flash to the right then a flash to the left in a near but not the same place as the first flash .Then a flash to the right but again not exactly in the same place .It was as though four separate objects were flashing each other.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hi - just wanted to add my own observations to this thread.

Was out with 2 others last night looking at satellites and iridium flares (as I have done many times over the last number of years) . I Had been on heavens above for info beforehand so knew exactly when and where to look for one particular flare (iridium 54 of -3 intensity). Night was very clear. About a minute before flare was due and in a nearby but different location we spotted what we all described as a quick flash (intensity approximately -4 or -5) this flash repeated 3 more times with approx 20 to 30 seconds between each - each of similar intensity. the four flashes appeared to follow a path and were spaced approximately evenly. The flashes were very sudden - definitely not iridium flares. Neither did they light up the sky. Did not see anything travelling between flashes. Having read all posts on this thread - I would have to consider fast spinning space junk as a probable explanation. I remain puzzled by the fact that many have seen these in groups of four - seems strangely coincidental. We were out for a while beforehand and after but nothing else was noted... also missed our intended flare viewing (but at least we saw one earlier along with a few satellites)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
strangly enough i was talking to my g/f tonight who is in ohio at the moment and lo and behold she tells me that she saw strange flashes in the sky tonight, i was like no f*ckin way, so have i, there is a thread on ATS, im gonna post your story, so here it is:

"i was sitting outside with my friend and on the porch, everytime iwould look up in the sky i saw a flash, it would happen every 2-5 minutes and i looked directly at it once and it was just like a glowing light real fast"

so what the hell? whats with this flash stuff all of a sudden?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I had witnessed this several times this year. Your GF is telling the truth. Only thing I keep thinking is the quote from the bible "There shall be signs in the Heaven's."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Above is the thread I gave my account and several other people chimed in.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I am in Ohio too, a little bit north of Cincinnati, and tonight around 12:00 I was outside my house smoking a cigarette when I saw a bright flash to the South. My view was obscured a bit from east to west, but the flash was pretty large.

At first, I thought it might be lightning, and it has been rainy here the last few days, but didn't hear any sound with the flash, or after. Our weather here has been pretty cool for summer, so I don't think it could have been heat lightning.

Then I thought it might be coming from the riverfront area, cause if the Reds hit a home run they will shoot off some fireworks, but after I thought about it, I probably wouldn't even be able to tell if they were shooting them off from where I live.

After checking, I found out the Reds did have a game tonight, but were playing in Chicago. (They lost...)

So.......I don't know what it could have been.

God Bless

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dissemination

I saw this about two weeks ago! I was playing acoustic guitar in the yard and a friend was babbling on about Aliens, And he pointed to the nights sky - as he did I saw 4 distinct flashes as everyone here is reporting, Although they were equally apart in 4 different directions (Like close together but seperated)... After the 4 flashes, A "Satt" came out towards the right of where the flashes occured, it seemed translucent - and it traversed across the sky.

The flashes are something

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cide

4 flashes is the common point here no?

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I have been seeing these since last summer on clear nights. Two nights ago in particular I was lying down watching them for the first time in a year and saw many.
The key is to be patient. Sometimes you may have to lie still for up to 10 minutes before you see anything. I find that if I lie on my back looking straight up into the sky, if a flash occurs I can see it in my peripheral vision and look that way in time to see it. From the ones I have looked directly at they appear like a ball of light.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Seen it again last night, 4 flashes just like a few weeks ago! I am thinking now it is space junk though...?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
So no one ever heard about Perseid meteor shower?

The Perseids are coming

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectSoporific-Tr-01
So no one ever heard about Perseid meteor shower?

The Perseids are coming

Yes but your point on this thread..?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join