It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Flashes in the night sky ,what are they,and have you seen them?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tarifa37

over the years ..
i have to say i have seen them very occasionally.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Jordan1968

Thanks for keeping this thread alive
Very interesting story. Nothing like my experience but valid in its own right. I've not seen them since but to recap what I witnessed was star sized flash not unlike a camera flash but in a small section of the sky. The best explanation I have heard is zero point asteroid coming straight in not across so just creating a stationary flash instead of the classic firework like streak. What I have seen since is a satellite type object that flashes on and off as it goes across the sky. Again I think it may have an explanation being a tumbling satellite that is glinting as it rotates in the Sun that is behind the horizon .

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Aliens using a wormhole to go back to their galaxy ?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I've seen the flashes a couple of times, they seem to be moving. Catch them in a corner of my eye and then see 1 or 2 other flashes along a path. The youtube clip feels like artificial light to me and too strong for a reflextion. Not to mention stationary

If it is debris, what I think I saw, I was wondering about the angle of the sun and the timeframe. There must be a time frame when these should not occur, when the sun and the object cannot make an angle because the earth is in the way. Assuming the sun is the only lightsource that can create these reflextions and depending on the height of the object they should not occur at the darkest hours. My observations are usually between 9pm-1am as I suspect many of yours are too.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Look they can be lightning bolt or nuclear ray collisions. Sometimes Sun rays explodes at air. That mostly happens at polars. We call them aurora.

Or America testing another secret weapon. Or astroids exploding. Astroids can be made of oil or petrol or gas, astroids can be made of everything. Or aliens are doing some stupid things. Or aliens are taking 3d photos of Earth.

Do you have any more ideas?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Hello! I registered to this forum just to get on the subject for I've seen alot too! What at firts looks like a dimed satelite then flashes like it'd be taking pictures! And I know it's not because it reflects, it really just snap shots, sometimes once sometimes three if lucky.

I am from Canada, my boyfriend and I are constantly watching the sky and we've seen weird stuff but lately this as been bugging us! We see more and more but it always flashes at the same spot!

At first I told myself it could have been some google earth satelite taking pictures.... But it's just too odd and I haven't noticed thoses flashes until 2012. At first a few here and there but now we see it once a night....

''My love, it flashed look I'm sure it'll do it again!'', and we just stare waiting to see if it'd re-flash that night.....

I demand explications... It almost feels like it's following us. Taking pictures of us, always right above!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Right Jube, I've wondered how much of this could be solar reflection as our "blinking" satellite passes through the sunrise/sunset points on earth. I agree it is artificial, too many blinks on a consistent orbit (and color and intensity changes). When I first spotted this violet satellite, it was directly overhead at 2 Am, so it couldn't have been the sun - earth blocking the suns light, as you say. Then it turned white, and finally purple again as it neared the "sunrise" point on the horizon. The low elevation blinks could be sunrise reflections, but not the first ones overhead.

It moved at a constant speed toward the horizon, I haven't seen many slow/stationary blinkers around Seattle, although I remember a few over the years.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
It's about 1:18am here in Oroville, CA, but I've been seeing the flashes for about a good 30 minutes now. When it started, it seemed to be a figment of my imagination coming out of the corner of my eye. How,ever even as I type this I've seen two and uhm... I just saw a sudden maybe 3-4 and they were very bright. Nothing in the last minute or so... Still nothing.. 3 minutes since I started this post and a total of 6 flashes.. 1:21am

It's 1:22 now, and still no more flashes since that rapid fire session.. 1:23, I think I just saw one out of the corner of my eye..

Could be wishful thinking, 1:24..

Just saw one very small one and a few second later a big, but faint flash.

1:25 - Not planning to stay outside all night, but I'd say I saw in total 20-30 flahes 30 mins. I

[EDIT] 1:27 as was reviewing my post I saw one really bright white one, and as I type this I just saw another of the intensity most i've seen have been,,, Wth? Warching for more.. 1:28am ... 1:29am...

Just saw the biggest widest one yet! The thing was #ing huge.. 1:29am

Wth is this #?

1:30am just saw another, not anywhere near as big as the last, and it seemed higher.. Yep, and another one more circular than widespread.. Once again that one was higher than all the others.

1:31am, small, and somewhat faint/pale flash. Okay, now I just saw one did ahead of me, but it was more like a vertical cut.. All other flashes have been to my right and over the trees across the street..

1:33am, another big one and I swear it seemed for lack of a better word; encroaching..

I'm going in.. 1:34am

edit on 2-8-2015 by shadowofsorts because: (no reason given)

Weather:

edit on 2-8-2015 by shadowofsorts because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Every night or two I take a hottub and just marvel at the night sky. A month or so ago, I caught a glimpse of what I thought were two flashbulbs going off in the eastern sky. At first I assumed it was a twinkling star from the atmospheric interference and I paid it no attention. A week or so later, I noticed the same flashing (it is always only two flashes and appears just like a camera flash) in the same position in the sky. It looks like it is just above the bucket part of the Big Dipper, Ursula Major. In other words if it dropped straight down it would fall right into the pot of the Big Dipper. Then, last night I saw the same two flashes in the same position. They are much to high (approximating satellite orbit height) for the flashes to illuminate anything on the planet surface for the purpose of photographing the same. Also, if they were powerful enough to illuminate the earth, I would see my apple orchards light up when the flashes occurred. None of this happens. The night conditions have been extremely clear for all sightings. The first sighting night sky was slightly hazy but still clear.

Anybody have a more scientific explanation?
edit on 22-8-2015 by Cavetoad because: Spelling and grammar check.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cavetoad
Every night or two I take a hottub and just marvel at the night sky. A month or so ago, I caught a glimpse of what I thought were two flashbulbs going off in the eastern sky. At first I assumed it was a twinkling star from the atmospheric interference and I paid it no attention. A week or so later, I noticed the same flashing (it is always only two flashes and appears just like a camera flash) in the same position in the sky. It looks like it is just above the bucket part of the Big Dipper, Ursula Major. In other words if it dropped straight down it would fall right into the pot of the Big Dipper. Then, last night I saw the same two flashes in the same position. They are much to high (approximating satellite orbit height) for the flashes to illuminate anything on the planet surface for the purpose of photographing the same. Also, if they were powerful enough to illuminate the earth, I would see my apple orchards light up when the flashes occurred. None of this happens. The night conditions have been extremely clear for all sightings. The first sighting night sky was slightly hazy but still clear.

Anybody have a more scientific explanation?

Iridium Satellite flashes perhaps?

edit on 22-8-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I Just saw the same flashes in the night sky in Australia. 4 consecutive flashes that fade out in the same area of sky. Clearly not a meteor. No movement at all, the flash was quite bright and faded back to darkness. Then another, then another, then another. After that nothing. No sign of a ship or any lights moving around. Something that came to mind was perhaps an explosion in space? I like the idea another person suggested, that of a ship entering our space via a portal. Another think I have heard is that the flashes can be a way of sending information to the eye witness at a level we don't understand. I know I am a star seed and I have energy abilities. I wonder how many others here are star seeds and have skills that are other worldly? Also this post is now 7 years old and the same phenomena is being witnessed. Specifically 4 flashes in the same part of the sky. It's very interesting. Any further updates from anyone on this forum would be appreciated. For the record I have had several encounters with ships. One was so close - it flew over me maybe 200 feet above me.....

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The flashes I saw were much slower than that with a distinct fade out

a reply to: payt69

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
thread still goin....cool....lotsa cool people here....transformer explosions go really fast like that....camera flash fast even.....

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BruceHosking
I Just saw the same flashes in the night sky in Australia.

Me too. I'm WA, are you eastern states?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Not a flash but video my relative caught this in corpus christi, texas very weird, shapeshifting unidentified flying object. I've tried but not really sure what this ma be. Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Somene probably had to change one of the fuses for the star satelite to shine brightly for us to wonder about in amazement.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I'm in Northeast Wisconsin, US My friend and I were out for a smoke at around 4am. Clear night. Weather maps say not a cloud in the sky for nearly 40 miles+ And the sky was lighting up. Like others have stated like the flash on a camera but it was everywhere. All around us. It was quick like a camera flash and happened about every 40 seconds or so. My friend went to bed but I went back outside after doing a little google search on this. I waited and tried to find the epicenter of the flash. The brightest area when the flash happens was somewhere low in the southeastern sky from my location which is near the tip of Lake Winnebago. South side of Appleton is where I am. There is literally no industry out in that direction and if there were this would be more common. I've watched the ISS and Iridium flares go over a lot recently and I have the app on my phone to notify me of flyovers of both. I also checked the Aurora KP index and it's only a 4 right now. Not bright enough for my location. I've seen them a few months ago at KP-8 and it was astonishing! These flashes were NONE of those things. What could possibly be bright enough in orbit that could light up the entire city like daylight for a split second at 4am with all the street lights on and everything? This is bugging the heck outta me!

Update: So I drove out to the tip of lake Winnebago. While radar still showed nothing for storms and satellite showed nothing for clouds, to my surprise it was indeed distant lightning over the Lake and the eastern side of the lake. I guess that explains that. Sorry to ruin every ones conspiracy theories. I guess the best debunking takes place with face to face experience. My only question now is why in the world isn't the weather maps showing the weather accurately?! Someone owes me gas money!

edit on 15-9-2015 by wick422 because: Personal research. Drove to an area to get a better look. Realized it was lightning. Case closed.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Last night around 10:00 pm Mountain time (10/4/2015) I went out to lock up the barn and close the chicken coop down when I looked up at about 10 inches above the Big Dipper's handle up looking north when a bright flash...like a camera flash...caught my eye that was way up in the night sky! About 10 to 12 seconds later, there it went again! I continued to watch it for about 10 minutes. It was not an aircraft because it only moved about 1 finger's width in that amount of time (1 fingers width with my arm extended). I went in and grabbed my green star pointer laser (about 2 minutes of time lapsed) and when I came back, I looked up and saw the strobe flash but it had moved into the middle of the Milky Way (a long way off from when I last saw it). I pointed my laser up where I saw the flash to see how much the object would move, then it flashed back. About 5 seconds later, there was another one that was to the north of the one I pointed at. So, I pointed to the 2nd one. When I did, the 1st one flashed again. I pointed to #1 again, then #2 flashed. Something must have happened...like I must have tagged one because both quit flashing. I watched for about 5 minutes to see if they would resume, but they didn't, so I went in for the night.

I am not saying that they are UFO's but I am not saying they aren't, either. Whatever they are, one thing I am very certain of is that they aren't satellites, airplanes, Superman or Mighty Dog. At first, I was thinking it was a weather balloon but then I got thinking....weather balloons don't do 90 degree turns at that altitude and move as much distance as it did in a 2 minutes span of time, only to be observed as stationary objects when viewed again. My only thoughts are that this must be some type of military craft, high elevation drone or possibly something "out of this world" observing us. Ya, it did creep me out a bit.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mars1
I saw what looked like a star exploding two nights ago.At first i thought i was seeing things .I live in UK Sheffield.

I have seen the same kind of flashes as the OP but I also saw something that looked like, what I would imagine, a star exploding would look like. Thursday night it was, probably around 10pm. I am up in Scotland...

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

The flashes that look like a camera flash, usually white, sometimes with a tint of amber are the triangles. When they fire off the ultrasound generator it emits a flash of light. The effect is called sonoluminescence. I had feared they have been deployed worldwide.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join