It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Flashes in the night sky ,what are they,and have you seen them?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
They call it crazy, and say that you were never born in this reality, well it is a lie, I can tell you that these aliens you think are coming to bring enlightenment and to help us are not going to, they are going to be the ones that start the rapture.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by devareous
take a look at the post, strange stars moving acrross the sky, it ties in with this.Oh and flag that post ,trying to see how many more see these starlike objects flash and move and do other intresting things

Hey you reminded me!!!! Everyday at 5:30am I go to work and there is a very bright star as i'm looking to the east, it's always there. Anyway, one day as I'm walking out I notice there was another star very close to it but dimmer and it was moving. I thought it was a plane or something but it didn't make sense. It was too far away to be a plane and I didn't see any flashing to it, a plane usually has a light that flashes. This light was moving pretty fast, and kind of freaked me out because I haven't seen anything like it before. I know for sure it wasn't a plane, it was too far away from the earth and it was moving way to fast for something that far away. I can't explain it....

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecandyman
I've seen what many of you are talking about also. Here in my neck of the woods we call it 'Heat Lightning'. I've always assumed it was just lightning in the sky with no sound. Supposedly it is lightning that is further than 10 miles away and so you don't hear the boom you just see the flash. Least that is what they say it is here.

Sounds like here in N. Texas. When there are thunderstorms along the Red River, you can't hear the thunder, but the lightning flashes light up the sky like a camera flash. You don't have to be able to see the storms on the horizon either. Sometimes I see the flashes, no clouds visible, check radar online - Sure enough, t-storms just over the horizon...Not saying that what everyone is seeing, but it's one def possibility.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I share your intrest and concern, for I also have also experienced this. The intresting part is my experiences take place half a world from where yours does... I believe your tale because its exactly like mine. A bright flash in the sky, like a flash from a camera with no sound. Ive experienced this in Iraq and Afghanistan where there are multipule explanation I will not deny however, I am experienced in my job field and I can tell the differance from UAV's, planes, & helicopters. Even Atrillery and Mortar illumination & aircraft flares. I know what I saw was no modern aircraft or indirect illumination or flare. Especially when I have access to Night Vision Devices (NVD's) and certain communication to particular air assets and reports that air space is clear. Deffiantly makes one wonder whats goin on in the sky.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I was about to make a thread about blue flashes so i did a search first so i didnt get use your search tool which i always do. When this popped up i thought well

6 or 7 years ago when i used a substance that keeps you up all night (sorry if this is against the rules MODS)
Id say it would be around 10 oclock at night and would last a couple of hours(2) ,The father in law and i was in the back garden (west facing) when we both saw blue flashes maybe 5 or 6 this lasted for many nights then would stop.
Then start again after a few weeks went by i always thought it was coming from the east .

i also saw one night a big white zigzag in the sky but i think that was a gap in the clouds with moon shine coming through
spooked me at first, that was about 3 in the morning and when it got a bit lighter i could see the sky was thick with cloud

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I have seen simular flashes one was about 2 years ago i was walking to the shop with a friend. When we both saw a distinctive green flash in the sky,
we both froze and waited for an explosion or something but it never came. And another time about a year ago i was walking home and i saw about 10 flashes that were simular to lightening but it wasn't ive no evidence to prove it wasn't but i just know that it wasn't. alot of people i know have also said they have seen random flashes in the sky. I wonder ehat they can be? but it is clear that something is going on

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
About a week ago at about 11pm I was looking at the night sky from my garden and out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw a flash then another right above at 12 oclock in the sky.I thought this was strange but did not think much more about it as did not get a direct look. That was untill last night 3/07/08 at 11pm very clear sky.I was laying on my back looking at the at stars when it happened again.This time there was no doubt it was directly above .Four distinct flashes of light just like seeing a camera flash from a distance all within a few seconds. They all flashed in the same area of sky but not close enough to be one object . Has anyone else seen this happen? Has anyone got a logical answer. Cheers Tarifa37

Interesting, because both my friend and i have seen flashes in the sky this year. I describe the story in greater detail in my forum intro thread, but suffice it to say it involved some interesting synchronicity and correlation to our discussion about aliens & UFO's. In his case, it was two flashes and also a spot light that shone down i think, if i remember correctly. In my case it was a quick, bright white flash in one part of the sky, followed by a dimmer flash several inches or so over from the initial flash, measuring from hands width roughly.

I also remember seeing a strange flash or flashes in the sky many years ago just before a rave with some friends, coming up on some things, so to speak; so that is probably less reliable but the relatively recent incident i was completely straight and sober. Having a smoke on my back porch.

Now i will read through this thread some more. I know it is 4 years later, but good thread anyways.

Peace. ~
edit on 21-10-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I live in northern sweden, happened to me and my friend December sometime after christmas , no clouds on the sky, Minus 30 celcius.

First flash i thougth was my imagination, 2nd flash i looked at my friend and he looked back so i asked him if he saw the flash too, and he did.
30 seconds later a 3rd flash came, about 200 meters away from the 1 and 2nd one. No clouds, cold, still dont know what it is, the light was powerfull enough to light 500 meters +, it was alot lighter than the normal lights at the sidewalk. But we took a shortcut where there werent any lights during the flashes.

I've seen something similar here in AU, cloudy and cool but with no rain and just a quick 'like a camera' flash across the whole sky. Also have seen out in the bush in fog, at the time I thought it was something like dry lightning but the conditions certainly didn't seem correct for that.
I've seen it in clear weather to in winter and summer. For me I didn't see it situated in any one region in the sky, the flash had been so quick I doubt I would have been able to pinpoint where it was situated. Certainly wasn't ISS or iridium flares, I've seen those, they are small and situated in one particular point in the night sky. Sort of reminds me of the flash you get from a shell firework but of course without the accompanying bang.
The colour was always white and certainly not as bright as a bolide meteor.

Now the weird sound of air tearing that's for another thread, might be bats, big big bats

cheers
edit on 22-10-2012 by mobtek because: Colour description

edit on 22-10-2012 by mobtek because: bolide all up in this

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobtek
Certainly wasn't ISS or iridium flares, I've seen those, they are small and situated in one particular point in the night sky. Sort of reminds me of the flash you get from a shell firework but of course without the accompanying bang.

Have you considered that what you saw might be a bright satellite or junk glint? I know you said they seemed too "small", but small is relative, and occasionally these flashes can be surprisingly bright.

Originally posted by mobtek
The colour was always white and certainly not as bright as a bolide meteor.

Could it not have been a meteor?

A meteor can vary in brightness tremendously - from being invisible to the naked eye, to being brighter than the Sun in extreme cases.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

Yup I certainly would consider those explanations

The reason I chucked my 2c in these flashes seemed different in having no fixed point like every other flash I've seen. But it could be just space junk or some sort of atmospheric display.
Being an amateur skywatcher and storm watcher I haven't read about any flashes like these but my reading is hardly as extensive as I'd like

Cheers mob

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I am from Malaysia..South east Asian..I saw the same strange flash light for two days now..It looks like lightning but no sound..It sparks every 10-15 mins for whole night ..And it hit top of my house once before and all electricity down for few seconds..This is serious phenomenon and never happen in my country before..I think this event should related to electromagnetic waves came from Sun..

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GregJ
I am from Malaysia..South east Asian..I saw the same strange flash light for two days now..It looks like lightning but no sound..It sparks every 10-15 mins for whole night ..And it hit top of my house once before and all electricity down for few seconds..This is serious phenomenon and never happen in my country before..I think this event should related to electromagnetic waves came from Sun..

Interesting, could you try and take some pics/videos for us the next time it happens?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I was watching the meteor shower last night and noticed a few of these same type of flashes, they last about 1-2 seconds and look like a bright white light being turned on for a brief moment. No movement, no streaks, just a nice round light. Weird!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
My experience with the "flash" started last summer( (July 2012) while my family was camping. My kids and I always love staring up at the stars and hunting for satellites. First I noticed a couple of stars gently go out for a split second, one then another 2-3 seconds later relatively close together. It was almost like something blocking them as it past through the sky. No moon or clouds at all. As this drew our attention even more we caught two more actual flashes. As I was scanning the sky I stopped and focused on one bright star and all of a sudden another star very close to where I was looking just vanished. Since then I have not seen this event again until tonight. Spring is finally here in southern Ontario, Canada and I was out admiring the beautiful evening. Three times I caught stars just going out, not flickering. It made the hair on my neck stand up, perfectly clear out to! I have seen a satellite flare before and this is much more sudden. I thought of space junk but its not "off" then "on" its more like well....just a star going out and not turning on and not a faint star I might add.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I see this type of thing often.Not lightning flashes of a coming storm way in the distance,but flashes that's much more localised,like a small flashbulb went off.I include a gif i found that looks like some i see.I've also seen strobes(orange and black light together),pulses of light in blue,pink,yellow,green,on different occasions.I'm a person who spends a lot of time outside at night,oftentimes.Sometimes i throw a blanket on my lawn in summer,and just look up at the stars for an hour or 2 at a time,more so in summer.Sometimes,like on the pic,i'd be looking up at the sky,and i'll see 2/3 random big flashes,like in the gif-sometimes stationary,sometimes moving-then just just instantly vanishing.

I've had sightings of at least 2 types of ufo's also-the orange ufo(there's a thread on this site about that one-Fire in the sky-the orange ufo) and on 2 occasions,a white-light lemony yellow light that may have a triangle shape inside-i cannot be 100% positive,due to the brightness of it,but it did look like it,on both occasions.The last time i saw the latter,i had just put a blanket on my lawn,and laid down,when from behind the trees this white-lemony yellow light came slowly flying over,right over me.The 1st time,months before that, it passed to the left of me,of my yard.How that started,i saw a small flash of light over to the Southern Cross,and as i was still looking at that patch of sky,a light became visible,that approached,till it was flying right over the woodlands next to my yard.

About the pic,of course disregard the lil black specks,just imagine the white flash against a plain black sky.I hope it shows as animated.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
I see this type of thing often.Not lightning flashes of a coming storm way in the distance,but flashes that's much more localised,like a small flashbulb went off.I include a gif i found that looks like some i see.I've also seen strobes(orange and black light together),pulses of light in blue,pink,yellow,green,on different occasions.I'm a person who spends a lot of time outside at night,oftentimes.Sometimes i throw a blanket on my lawn in summer,and just look up at the stars for an hour or 2 at a time,more so in summer.Sometimes,like on the pic,i'd be looking up at the sky,and i'll see 2/3 random big flashes,like in the gif-sometimes stationary,sometimes moving-then just just instantly vanishing.

Ive seen alot of what you and others in here have described, and all i can say is their most likely all point meteors (thats what i call em, not sure what they are actually called, if anything), ie there more or less a meteor that has entered the atmosphere perpendicular to the surface of the earth, the impact is usually quick and very bright given its not 'gradually' entering the atmopshere (kinda like dive bombing from a spring board into a pool, rather than leaping arms forward into the water from the edge of the pool), and since its angle is to the observer more or less coming towards them, all you see is a momentary flash.

Sometimes you'll see a series over a number of seconds (once watched a series of them for over a minute all clustered into one area of the sky about the size of a fist flashing back and forth) of them with each one being slightly further from the last giving the impression of a flash moving.

I think I might have posted as such early in this thread way back when, but since its poped back up might as well give this explanation another airing.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ
Sometimes you'll see a series over a number of seconds (once watched a series of them for over a minute all clustered into one area of the sky about the size of a fist flashing back and forth) of them with each one being slightly further from the last giving the impression of a flash moving.

If you are seeing a series over a small area and over a short time period, it is much more likely that what you are seeing are glints from space junk or a satellite. Whilst point meteors do occur from time to time, unless you are observing during a strong meteor shower, and the flashes occur very close to or in the meteor shower's radiant, it's very unlikely that you would see random point meteors so close together in time/space.

As someone who has been observing meteor showers for over one and a half decades, and observed during meteor shower outbursts and even a meteor storm, I'm 100% sure of this. I have also spent a great deal of time photographing and identifying both meteors and satellites...

See my threads where I have captured and posted photographic examples of these flashes here:

How to view, track, and identify satellites

Flashes and Star-like objects that move strangely in the sky explained

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I literally just came in after spending 1/2 an hour under the stars with my partner, and we both observed many flashes, 5 meteors, and 5 or 6 "normal" satellites. Some of the flashes were quite bright. I'd estimate the brightest at about -1 magnitude, and all of them occurred in series - at least 3 or 4 in a straight line, which is typical for space-junk. We saw at least 15-20 flashes from 3 separate bits of junk. We do have quite dark skies here, so we can easily see faint flashes which most people with light polluted skies would miss.

I really don't see why most people here seem to be ignoring the most obvious explanation for these very localized flashes of light in the sky - space-junk.

Currently about 19,000 pieces of debris larger than 5 cm are tracked,[1] with another 300,000 pieces smaller than 1 cm below 2000 km altitude.[1] For comparison, ISS orbits in the 300–400 km range and both the 2009 collision and 2007 antisat test events occurred at between 800–900 km.

Source: Wikipedia

At any given time, there are literally hundreds of pieces of junk (that isn't counting operational satellites) above your head, and whilst most don't glint (or at least not glinting brightly enough to be visible to the naked eye), some are bound to glint.

As I've said before (on other related ATS threads, not just this one), don't take my word for it (if you are really that interested in finding out what you are seeing - which I doubt, since no one on here seems bothered enough to actually try it), get a DSLR, go out and photograph these flashes, and from the photographs/a bit of investigation, you can relatively easily identify the junk/satellite causing the flashes that you have observed. I've done it on multiple occasions (see the links I posted in my previous reply to this thread where I posted examples and explained the ins and outs of how to do it), so anyone can do it.

I'm beginning to think that people on here actually want to remain ignorant of what is actually going on above their heads. There's no excuse for this ignorance to continue.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
ive had blue flashes light up my whole room at night. like someone took a picture with flash on right in my window. has happened 2-3 times i dont know what it was.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by madmark

What you are describing here sounds like a transformer going boom. When this happens, it'll light up the sky for miles around - they are extremely bright! It's also possible that it may have been lightning.

It doesn't really belong in this thread since the OP is describing discrete flashes in the sky, rather than a flash that would light up the interior of a house or the entire sky. Two completely different and unrelated phenomena.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join