It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Flashes in the night sky ,what are they,and have you seen them?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
About a week ago at about 11pm I was looking at the night sky from my garden and out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw a flash then another right above at 12 oclock in the sky.I thought this was strange but did not think much more about it as did not get a direct look. That was untill last night 3/07/08 at 11pm very clear sky.I was laying on my back looking at the at stars when it happened again.This time there was no doubt it was directly above .Four distinct flashes of light just like seeing a camera flash from a distance all within a few seconds. They all flashed in the same area of sky but not close enough to be one object . Has anyone else seen this happen? Has anyone got a logical answer. Cheers Tarifa37

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I am so glad you posted this. I am outside all night off and on ( because I work 3rd, I smoke and I go out sometimes just to walk), but I have been seeing this myself, and had to wonder if I am just thinking I see it, or am I really seeing this?! I am sure I am seeing something, but it is so quick that you can't turn your head good and it's gone. Thanks for validating that I am not the only one!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Its hard to say it could be an optical illusion it could be meteorites disintegrating burning up it could be many things I guess.
Ive seen it myself I don't even begin to try and know what it is.
I seen it about 15 years ago and I seen it about 1 year ago so its not something thats just started happening.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I've seen these flashes and they scared the bejeezus out of me. I thought it was that kind of cloudless lightning and was right worried that my number was up. But since that first time I've seen them several nights now while I'm out walking the grounds. I've talked to others who have seen them, and the best theory I got was that it was some new kind of atmospheric activity like the aurora borealis because the electromagnetic field of the earth's core has gone wonky.

I guess I'm not sure I really want to know what's going on with this.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Being_From_Earth

The flash is a white flash(just like a camera flash from a long distance would look) and i would say about the hight of satellite .It is not a streak across the sky.But you could be right , maybe it is an explosion of light when material hits our atmosphere . However it seemed a static flash and when gone nothing there. Thanks for your comments keep them comming.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I should add I am near Canterbury on the coast in the UK.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Was the sky really clear or was there a little mist??

I know you say it was a very clear night, I'm just wondering if there was a bit of mist around too?

[edit on 4-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Iridium flare ?
A must know thing for us ufo watchers.

Edit:
Link: www.google.com...

And an example...

[edit on 4/7/2008 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
Iridium flare ?
A must know thing for us ufo watchers.

Absolutely. Any UFO watcher should be aware of Iridium flares and when they will appear.
To get predictions of when, where and brightness from your location go to Heavens Above.

WG3

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I have seen this but the only difference was the color. green.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

Thanks for your photo and info on sat flares.However it says they last from 5 to 20 seconds. This was 4 flashes only lasting as long as a camera flash would last, in 4 seperate places in the same part of the sky. All four seperate flashes ocurred over about 10 seconds. So I don't think they were Iridium flares. The size of the flashes was about twice the size of a big star.So not enormous just very strange.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
That anon reply is mine I had not loged on, DOH!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
AWESOME!! i have seen this as well. there have been a lot of "falling stars" lately and so most nights i take a blanket outside and chill underneath the sky.

i have seen these flashes as well but they are so quick that i think somehow my mind has been playing tricks and never thought to say much.

they light up the whole sky, but it is JUST like a camera flash, very quick and white. haven't seen green.

i am in texas. saw a few last night.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
take a look at the post, strange stars moving acrross the sky, it ties in with this.Oh and flag that post ,trying to see how many more see these starlike objects flash and move and do other intresting things

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I once saw a flash in the day that lasted a few seconds, there was no plane around but it could have been an iridium flare, possible even a gamma ray burst but i doubt it, can't think of anything else though.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Probably space-junk or satellites randomly glinting/flashing when they catch the sun at the right angle. There's a heck of a lot of junk up there...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

How are you able to post an Anonymous reply when an account exists already? Wouldn't you get an error?

ps. Did you know your name spelled backwards is arabic?

[edit on 4-7-2008 by CommanderSinclair]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yeah im seeing these flashes aswell.. exactly like whats said above.. like the quick flash of a camera.. either just one flash or four times..

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I saw what looked like a star exploding two nights ago.At first i thought i was seeing things .I live in UK Sheffield.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I too have noticed these just as you described, most of them I write off as reflections off of my glasses(which I know some of them are). But some of them I am looking at them straight on, it is a very dim and quick flash, too quick too really wrap your mind around. I also thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I have no clue what they are but I know they aren't lightning. Anyway very interesting that other people have noticed this. Oh yea I live in southwest Kansas.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join