It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divine Intervention for sky high oil prices

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
There is no harm in praying. Maybe through prayer an answer will be given, or a course of direction. In more practical terms people should consider higher mileage vehicles, possibly public transportation. I have some bizarre thoughts on prayer.
1. can an animal, say a dog or cat pray. My cat, now 18 used to look out the slots of my picket fence and cry for me to come home from work to feed her. Is her crying a form of prayer. Did it possibly affect my successful coming home. Can her cries have a quantum effect like human prayer is supposed to. ie; nonlocality.
2. can a computer pray. Maybe some of you are aware of the Buddhist practice of the prayer wheel. Some prayer wheels have chambers where written prayer requests are inserted. Then the device is spun. Could a person using an audio file set a computer to pray repeatedly. Would such a message be received by a higher spiritual being, kinda like a radio broadcast or SOS. Once again, could such prayer display quantum effects.
3. can an evil entity intercept your prayers. We all have heard of the wiretapping and eavesdropping the phone companies have been doing. Could say the Devil intercept your prayer and work against it. In the book of Job the Devil seems well aware of Job's entreaties to God.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Sorry to bring this to you but it seems that a part o our nation's population specially the one that thought bush was divinely elected is at its propaganda again.

I guess I should pull out my buckets because it definitely is going to rain gas from the sky with Divine intervention.

Yes ignorance is a bliss in the America of today.

BTW Andrew E. Wiggin while the intentions are noble reality tends to show its ugly face.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

Originally posted by General Izer
Now if we get our Muslim friends to pray to Allah, and our Jewish friends to pray to YHWH, then we'll have a divine trifecta. Thanks to all the prayers before the Iraq War that disaster was adverted. So I'm sure this will work.

Yeah, except for God, YHWH, and Allah are all the same thing, the God of Abraham
So you could have just said prayed to God.

When I get a raise remind me to buy you a sense of humor.

If they were all the same to the brainwashed people that believe that dribble then there wouldn't be 3 separate religions.

indeed

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Was it Mohammed that felt that faith could move mountains. 70 years after his death the world of Islam encompassed more territory than the Roman Empire at it's fullest. Many poor people today make like 200 bucks a year. In countries like Egypt, their faith, their prayer, is what sustains them. Without it they wouldn't have a chance.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
OMG!! I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic schools, so I do believe in god. But not a god that will answer your prayers to lower gas prices!! Give me a break! There are soooooo many more important things going on on this planet right now (mass starvation, immoral wars, genocide, downtrodden masses being spit upon by the ruling classes all over the world). Don't you think god would be much more intrested in these things rather than America's wallet?

If you're going to pray for something, pray for something that's not selfish. Isn't that what's Christianity is supposed to be about? Helping others? Loving thy neighbor, helping the poor, etc?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pjsconcrete

I call your Catholic school and raise you; I was an altar boy. There doesn't seem anything unreasonable about praying for lower gas prices. Maybe we are going to have to roll up our sleeves to reach for a solution, but some help would be appreciated.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ssorcesor

This might be a good time to remind you the difference in our countries. You pay a boatload of taxes on your gas, we do not. That is why there is a huge difference in price. That "free healthcare" is paid from somewhere now isn't it?

Now to be on topic.

Big Oil should sit up and take notice because the next group that gathers might be less peaceful about making their point about the price of gas. Other than a few cities, the US does not have a mass transit system and doesn't need one due to spread out nature of the country.

The ecconomy is dependant on transportation and until inferstructure is in place for an alternative, oil powers it. If the country as whole falls apart due to the greed of a few, all those horded dollars become rather worthless. Well except to place a big old bullseye as animalistic urges get the better of common reason.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Interesting. Part of my prayer and devotion time this morning was devoted to relief from economic stress, high gas prices in particular. Yesterday, I spent a good part of my prayer and devotion time praying for our great nation on its 232nd birthday. I see nothing wrong with this. On the contrary, we are called by God's Word to bring our needs boldly before His throne of grace, to be answered according to His awesome will.

Hebrews 4

16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

How would divine intervention work??? Well, if the Japanese Islands crumbled into the Pacific, just think what that would do to the supply and demand for oil.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Being a believer I think my brothers and sisters are a little misguided in this practice. What have they been doing for the Ninety some odd years since the Federal Reserve was created in 1913. The Wars and Taxation through Inflation without Representation have killed and enslaved Millions of people around the World. Excessive Usury and Slavery are abhorred by God. It wasn't 'OK' for us to play Ignorant while these things were happening. We should have been watching who controlled this nation and praying for their (the Bankers) defeat from 1913 on.

It was OK as long as it effected slave laborers elsewhere. They're praying because what went around has come around. It's stuff like this that makes me understand why God doesn't always answer prayer. All that said, I agree with Icarus point that there is no harm in the asking. Star for your post!

To answer the earlier question, (from ssorcesor) The Rainbow was the sign that God would not use a Flood to wipe out mankind again. But as you can read in Revelation, He will take over our 'affairs' at some point.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
And I agree with you that we, as Christians, may not have been coming boldly enough before the throne of grace with the needs of the body for a long time now. That said, it is never too late to start!

1 Thessalonians 5

17 Pray without ceasing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join