It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's elitist ties?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
This is almost month old news by now - i cant believe i havent heard of it sooner

If its already been posted - my apologies to the OP - i couldnt find it

All this yammering about Obama's so called elitist ties because he selected the former CEO of Fannie Mae to help him find a vice president can finally be laid to rest

Longtime Washington insider Jim Johnson became the first casualty of the general election campaign Wednesday, leaving his seat on Barack Obama’s running-mate search team after coming under fire for his lucrative ties to financial corporations and lenders.

source

Isn't that peculiar that, even after he steps down, we have people here posting that he's still part of the team

funny, i guess they missed this headline

Oh, and for the crowd that claims he's being funded by perseus

John Kerry has recieved more campaign contributions - almost 5 times as much as Barack Obama
Source

[edit on 7/4/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
All this yammering about Obama's so called elitist ties because he selected the former CEO of Fannie Mae to help him find a vice president can finally be laid to rest

You're really drunk on the Kool aid, aren't you?

Johnson hasn't worked for Fannie Mae since 2000 or 2001. Rather than go along with the media propaganda that repeatedly refers to Johnson as the former head of Fannie Mae, let's start by describing him accurately.

Johnson is the CURRENT Vice-Chairman of Perseus LLC, a $3 billion hedge fund partnered with George Soros. Johnson is also a current director on the board of Goldman Sachs.

Perseus LLC Chairman Frank Pearl, a member of America for Bilderberg, was financially supporting Obama back in 2003. Soros funded MoveOn.org, which went so far as to withdraw their 527 so they could officially endorse Obama.

The fact that Johnson "officially" stepped down as the person in charge of vetting Obama's VP candidate does nothing to lessen the significance that Obama entrusted this responsibility to Johnson the first place.

Are you really that naive to think that now suddenly the men who backed Obama and put him in the position he's at are no longer calling the shots?

Or do you think that somehow a freshman Senator from Illinois miraculously built an organization that was able to take out Hillary Clinton and generate $40 million a month on his own? How did a Senator with just 2 years in Washington manage to put together this type of organization and recruit the likes of Zbignew Brazinski, James Johnson, George Soros, Frank Pearl, Ted Kennedy, Jimmy Carter, and Lee Hamilton almost overnight?

Seriously, there's nothing THAT special about anything Obama stands for (which is really nothing) that would enthrall all of these heavy hitters to back him, is there? Do you really think these people bought into Obama's "hope" and "change" mantra, or do you think maybe there's something in it for them?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I dunno what to think, tbh, Jaime83

But what i do know is that you, as well as many others, keep claiming that johnson is obama's VP watchdog

He's not

hasnt been for a month

but you keep posting like he still is

its funny to me. Even when proven you've been lying this whole time - you still expect us to believe it.

Maybe you should go to my link provided at the bottom and see which politicians are being supported by perseus?

Seems like Kerry and Clinton get more than Obama..... :shk:

top 10 mccain contributors

Merrill Lynch $235,110
Citigroup Inc $231,451
Blank Rome LLP $182,826
AT&T Inc $155,305
Greenberg Traurig LLP $154,587
Morgan Stanley $146,851
Goldman Sachs $139,520
JPMorgan Chase & Co $135,000
Credit Suisse Group $118,625
UBS AG $96,965

Top 10 obama contributors

Goldman Sachs $571,330
University of California $466,410
UBS AG $364,556
JPMorgan Chase & Co $364,157
Citigroup Inc $360,304
National Amusements Inc $322,050
Lehman Brothers $319,147
Harvard University $315,624
Google Inc $309,714
Sidley Austin LLP $294,445

source

Isnt that funny? Virtually the same.
So they are either just both puppets of the same people

or its just big buisiness trying to kiss ass - like always.

I honestly think you're making a mountain out of a no-hill.

edit:

before you make some big deal about Obama's top contributor

here's a little snippit of Information

Goldman Sachs is one of Wall Street’s most prestigious investment banks. Like others in the securities industry, it advises and invests in nearly every industry affected by federal legislation. The firm closely monitors issues including economic policy, trade and nearly all legislation that governs the financial sector. It has been a major proponent of privatizing Social Security as well as legislation that would essentially deregulate the investment banking/securities industry. In August 2002, following months of corporate scandals, congressional investigators launched a probe into whether stock analysts at Goldman Sachs issued biased investment advice in order to protect corporate clients. The firm tends to give most of its money to Democrats. Goldman Sachs' former chief executive, Jon Corzine, served in the U.S. Senate as a Democrat from New Jersey. He's now the state's governor.

source

[edit on 7/4/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

But what i do know is that you, as well as many others, keep claiming that johnson is obama's VP watchdog

He's not

hasnt been for a month

but you keep posting like he still is

its funny to me. Even when proven you've been lying this whole time - you still expect us to believe it.

I never once claimed that Johnson is still Obama's VP watchdog. That's an outright misstatement of fact. I have not lied about this ever.

And what's your point? That McCain and Obama are both controlled by the same powers that be??

So you just want to take the blue pill, vote for Obama, and go back into your fantasy world that your guy is better than the other guy. Best of luck.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

"obama chooses Osama Bin Laden for running mate" will be the next headline i just know it, seeing how weak this decision 2008 forum has become.

Im still curious as to your comments on the contributors section?

I did not insinuate that they are both puppets, you'd have to be awfully slow not to pick up on the sarcastic irony in my statement

Isnt that funny? Virtually the same.
So they are either just both puppets of the same people

or its just big buisiness trying to kiss ass - like always.

I honestly think you're making a mountain out of a no-hill.

Its big business trying to pucker up like they always do.

Now either comment on the facts, or stop derailing my thread

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

*sings*

dun dun dun - another one bites the dust

/end *singing*

Seems to me that a man with a large ego and limitless power and wealth would be quite offended to be asked to leave the obama campaign.

No comments on the campaign funding?

Im shocked!

top topics

join