It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My glasses pickup subliminal advertising

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by annestacey

Here it is , the link is on the info tab of the video

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I call BS, TV is broadcasted at 30 fps, therefore if 1 frame flashed an image your eye would pick it up.. sooo unless they changed that, I don't think they could really get this past people.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Single-frame subliminal messages are very real, and apparrently not illegal!

en.wikipedia.org...

The 2000 Bush campaign ad incident is about halfway down the page. The FCC investigated but there was no penalty.

I was surprised when I read this. For some reason, I thought they were illegal.

By the way, subliminals will appear much more obvious on YouTube since YouTube uses an even slower framerate than television.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by phl0gist0n]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

maybe you are misunderstanding or are not used to the little graphics that are constantly flashing to the bottom or top or corner of the screen these days to advertise other shows? I bet it was just a text to advertise a showing of the film I ROBOT on tv and since you weren't paying full attention it seemed fast. I havent noticed anything subliminal, but I have noticed a lot of plus 50 year olds being confused about new technology or stupid things that we are bombarded with every day, no offense. It will be me in 30 years too.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Subliminal advertising is banned in North America and Britain.. but only on projections screens and cathode ray tube devices... They actually discriminate as if their is a difference.

What I could not find Anywhere, was laws forbidding subliminal advertising on the newer TVs as their Internal structure is not the same.
Weird, but I guess they don't want us to have non-HD tv's for a reason

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Empath
I call BS, TV is broadcasted at 30 fps, therefore if 1 frame flashed an image your eye would pick it up.. sooo unless they changed that, I don't think they could really get this past people.

In case you didn't see the link posted above, my eye *did* pick it up!

Looks like they *are* getting this past people, at least until now.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Interesting....

I'm not sure what to make from your statement about your difficulty/ability in seeing the Red/Green/Blue text on the phones, to me that would mean something that I cannot comprehend or understand... seems likely that it is something to do with color-spectrum (composite) separation. RGB is a video standard for output summing, AFAIK.

Is it possible that the op is able to witness these channels individually? Is that even possible?

It would tell alot as to how the signal is integrated for broadcast.

Methinnks
T-

[nevermind]

[edit on 5-7-2008 by telemetry]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I would like to point out that it would be odd to include a phone number or a call to action with specific instructions as in the CNN/Plavix splice above (Call 1-866-3-PLAVIX). Regardless of whether or not that type of subliminal messaging works, the idea is that it affects the subconscious mind to invoke a certain feeling or attitude toward something. So why include a phone number?

If it were truly intended to be a subliminal message, as opposed to simply an error like Localjoe3 explained above, then it would be pointless to put the product phone number in the ad, because it would not result in anyone calling the company.

Personally, I question whether the subconscious mind could process phrases that are flashed for 1/30th of a second. Images, I have no doubts they can, especially well known logos, like McDonald's. Possibly even short or somewhat familiar words (like iRobot and KFC), but I have a hard time believing that flashing "Feeling better doesn't mean you're not at risk." would have much of an effect on anyone. Even if it did, I doubt it would cause anyone a desire to go ask their doctor about taking a blood thinner. It might would cause a general depressed or paranoid feeling, but where would Plavix tie in?

My educated guess:
Food network/McDonald's - intentional and effective subliminal message
CNN/Plavix - coincidental server glitch
CBS/iRobot/KFC/McDonald's - ??? some form of stereographic or color channel technique?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by chris_stibrany

I take no offense at all chris_stibrany, but who said I was 50 ? Anyway I understand what you’re saying. I know the kind of advertising your speaking of is not Subliminal, but this was very different and was subliminal. I’m still under 50 by a margin and retired from the military not too long ago. I still have sharp mind and can still land a Blackhawk at high speed in crosswinds at night in the rain with the best of them.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Slightly off topic but a few pages ago some mentiond about the kids programs having the same in them, found this on you tube, i work in a book shop part time and all the kids have been going nus over this merchandise for a while now, found this little vid interesting.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
You know what I also thought Subliminal Messages were illegal aswell !
How ironic would it be if the goverment had been using subliminal messages to make us think that they were illegal
Then we would immediately discredit anyone who happened to notice something "odd" when watching TV.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
if you cant see it without glasses, how can you be aware of the advertising??

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

My first thought also, Prevenge.

Awhile back, several members of a sub-agency of DHS, The Department of Public Thought Management, wondered if there might be a way to facilitate the clandestine monitoring of citizens behavior in private residences to gauge the effectiveness of the current Propaganda Campaigns. They thought, "What if we could somehow get an audio/video/chemical 'robotic friend' monitoring unit to be installed in all our citizens private residences..."

I don't own one, but aren't those things supposed to be left plugged in...?, and they are programmed to return to their 'Mothership' when they need recharging.

What else are they programmed to do...?, perhaps, activating at three-in-the-morning to do some Residential Recon Mission, fed Real-Time by the "I-Robot" Command Center at DHS HQ...?

Of course, this is all fiction...

(Someone's going to dissect their remote vacuum now)

[edit on 5-7-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
That's pretty interesting. I've just been telling a co worker of mine (in the visual communications industry) how these new transitional near sighted glasses i bought gives me the illusion of 3d with red ink or pixels. Kind of like the 80's years when the red/green 3d glasses were big. I was looking to rent a movie at the time and being a graphic designer noticed that certain dvd covers had a real intense 3d look and was curious to know if it were printed with some new ink or technique.

Out of the two pairs i bought together only the transitional lenses give me this effect.

Anyway, Enjoy your holiday weekend.

Matt

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit_earth
I ROBOT in a subliminal message via your tv at frames we can't see but only our sub-conscious can tells me I ROBOT is you/us everyone we are slaves robots working for the planet controllers, this is brain programming without your consent, its telling you what your position on this planet is and it's telling you through your sub-conscious. THE TRUE WEAPON OF MASS DECEPTION!.... clever but not clever enough.. I don't watch tv or movies.

[edit on 4/7/08 by free_spirit_earth]

I doubt that. With what the OP is saying, it is most likely a sub-ad for the iRobot line of home / industry cleaning product. If this message was followed by sub-ads for McDonalds and KFC (as according to the OP) then they are trying to get you to consume. Just having graduated from a business school with a B.A in advertising, this stuff is out there.

While I'd like to believe that this is some sort of government plot to control the masses, it is probably just unethical business practices. The glasses story is interesting. SJE, if you could send me a copy of this show in MPEG, I could take it into Avid, or Final Cut or even Adobe Premiere and see if I can get a frame by frame breakdown to corroborate your story here. That is, assuming these are frame by frame subliminals. If they have mastered something that we cannot see with the naked eye, or with video editing software, that worries me greatly.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
if you cant see it without glasses, how can you be aware of the advertising??

The whole point of subliminal messages is that your subconscious mind sees it but your conscious mind does not. So a desire is planted in your subconscious without the conscious mind questioning the rationality of that desire.

What's being suggested is that the glasses are somehow making the image more apparent to his conscious mind due to some optical effect.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
My theory is that this is some new kind of subliminal message. Rather than using a single frame, this is dependent on some subtle shift in the color or brightness on the screen that your subconscious mind is keen enough to pick up, but not your conscious mind. Since these are brand new glasses, they may be making your eyes even more perfect than normal, healthy eyes in some respect.

You might see if there are subtle differences in colors that you can detect with the glasses that you cannot detect without the glasses. I'd also be curious to know if you have HDTV. This might be some new technique that only works via HDTV.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Subliminal messages do work. I used to make flash movies for a site called newgrounds.com, many of my movies made it to the front page and had millions of views. What most people don't know is that I put subliminal messages in the movies as an experiment. They seemed to work. The messages would say things like "vote 5 for this movie" (highest score possible) or "worship the creator of this movie" and people seemed to do just that.

The thing is, you have to make them VERY subliminal. If they are at bit apparent, the person will say "lol what was that I saw something flash really quick wth?" and it won't work.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
For all of the naysayers that are, " I can't see it, so it's not there. ", here's an experiment for you. Get a pair of polarized lense sunglasses. With them off, look at your rear window in your car. Now put them on and look at the same window. Notice the black spots all over the window.
Same convention applies to IR light, and Ultraviolet Spectrum. Just because you can't see it with your eyes, doesn't mean it's not there.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Good observation.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join