It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube videos blamed in attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

reply to post by Sublime620

Stars for both of you. I really do see both sides of the penny here. I am a big advocate of ending poverty, and not just because I am homeless. But on the other hand, this place really is scary and dangerous.

I don't mean this to be funny, or in any way poking fun at the people there, but I seriously do wonder what affect the "close" breeding has had there. It is so bad actually, that it is quite obvious, and physically evident. But to be fair, it's not even just Oniontown, but also in the surrounding areas of Dover as well to some extent. Oniontown has just become a sort of enclave though.

Having been there myself, and having grown up in the same county, I can tell you that this is not just another trailer park.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Where is Oniontown? I grew up on Long Island but my brother's first house had been in Wappinger Falls. Is it anywhere near that vicinity?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lilsugag99

North-East of Wappingers. Same county, out toward the state line.

[edit on 7/5/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I live in a trailer park near Oniontown and although most of us are poor to lower income, for the most part we keep our homes and yards clean. There are of course a few exceptions but I would say the percentage is similar to a standard housing development... there are always a few slobs around. Oniontown is not a trailer park at all, it is just a cluster of shacks and trailers scattered over several acres and with a liberal dose of junk and filth mixed in. It seems to be much closer to what you see in the movie Deliverance than a trailer park.
Word is the place began as onion farm which eventually closed down. A few of the people living there may have stayed on but the real creep show evidently started when those folks running the state hospital in Wingdale
decided the farm was a good place to stick the female patients who were impregnated by various staff members. I guess even back then (the 20's or 30's) this was not acceptable behavior and needed to be kept quiet. Anyhow , the babies were born there and raised by folks who in many cases may have been not much more than babies themselves (mentally) not to mention some may have been criminally insane. I suppose between inbreeding and genetic defects, it's been quite the genetic cesspool. I have heard that in recent years, the population has taken a pretty good hit from aids and such but since no one knows the true population to begin with, I guess only God knows. I honestly don't know how much of this is fact and how much is fantasy but I have heard almost the identical story many times from many folks over the years and I suspect a good part of it is true. One thing is for sure, Oniontown is definitely not a place to visit or play pranks!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join