It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Group or Not,When Sit-X Happens

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

911 Sorry, i dont buy that as a conspiracy theory. A major 'event' like that in front of millions of viewers orchestrated by whomever - no way. Too many things can go wrong. It was a pure terrorist attack, nothing more - case closed.

Though I certainly dont believe that Iraq had anything to do with it.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

911 Sorry, i dont buy that as a conspiracy theory. A major 'event' like that in front of millions of viewers orchestrated by whomever - no way. Too many things can go wrong. It was a pure terrorist attack, nothing more - case closed.

Though I certainly dont believe that Iraq had anything to do with it.

Ok I will accept that you don't buy the 911 theories, but if you
ever do decide to take a deeper look.

May I offer this site as a timeline reference.

complete911timeline.org...

It is all referenced 100% via mainstream media and verified.

Good Luck !

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The Why's and wherefore!!...they don't really matter in the slightest.....in a sitX...its your survival that counts!!1

I believe that something will happen in this life time...its not what or who is responsable..its the fact you will be in a situation where the only person you can rely on ...is yourself!! we are the little people in the scheme of things!!

The idea is to survive ,,and survival is better with a collective than the single in a nasty situation...

Thats my opinion anyway!!

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by shuck

The Why's and wherefore!!...they don't really matter in the slightest.....in a sitX...its your survival that counts!!1

I believe that something will happen in this life time...its not what or who is responsable..its the fact you will be in a situation where the only person you can rely on ...is yourself!! we are the little people in the scheme of things!!

The idea is to survive ,,and survival is better with a collective than the single in a nasty situation...

Thats my opinion anyway!!

For pure survival the truth doesn't count, but the road forward
for those few that do make it the truth will be needed in a paramount
manner to prevent disasters of the coming magnitude.

I am responsible for my survival, but I must honor the wishes
of those that came before me and those who will carry the burden
into an uncertain future.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

What if I survived by murdering and pillaging everyone I came across? Would you really want me wandering into your camp to join your ragtag group?

[edit on 7/6/0808 by jackinthebox]

Obviously, i'm supposed to say that i wouldn't have a choice - that such people rarely speak of their history and that such people usually take what they want and leave as quickly as possible.

The conversations between two people are never to be trusted by outsiders, especially where a SitX is concerned.

The individual you highlight may be interested in taking command, in which case - what is it that makes you better than him?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
reply to post by homo_borg

I havent answered to your so called de-population theory as I personally feel its a load of Boll***s, but hey, thats just my opinion.

And please stop with the insults, its getting tireing. I have answered your posts civilly and respectfully, so you should do the same to mine. You will have your opinions and theorys and I will have my opinions and theorys and on some we may agree and others we may not ........... so let it rest.

it's not a theory. It's documented by the BBC. Again, and I'm asking in a civil way, why won't you comment on it?

[edit on 7/6/08 by homo_borg]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

I was really only trying to point out the sort of survivors you might come across, or even rely on, if you didn't form a group ahead of time.

I still say my platoon-sized group is the best idea, especially if the group is assembled and trained ahead of time.

I would be much more leary of grouping after the fact, for some the reasons you have pointed out. But again, it might come to pass out of necessity, especially for those who are not strong enough to survive on their own.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

You have to be strong in many ways to survive on your own, and unfortunately one of them demands that you do not place petty emotional needs in the hands of others.

But my thinking transcends that of groups and the issues they bring up, i'm thinking about the possibility that i might end up knowing exactly what brought the sit-X about.

As such, i may feel compelled to do something about it.

I wouldn't ask any person on this planet to help me in that undertaking, and explaining it may make them want to help.

A single man acting under a single intent is far more effective than a group of people with questionable conviction...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

If you were to ask me if I could survive on my own, I would say yes. In fact, as it stands right now, that's the way it will be. But I still believe that if I had the means to prepare, a platoon-sized group would increase survivability as well as standard of living.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

But I still believe that if I had the means to prepare, a platoon-sized group would increase survivability as well as standard of living.

Is that all it's about, jack?

Increased survivability and standard of living?

Or do you just not want to die alone?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Or do you just not want to die alone?

Everyone dies alone.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Okay then.

I guess you'll be thinking the same thing when you join your group, won't you?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Thinking about dieing is not really a good way to survive. Being in a group may help to delay the inevitable, and make the time here more enjoyable. Not just for the company mind you, but also for the things like better food and other goods that can be had with cooperation of others.

[edit on 7/7/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Thinking about dieing is not really a good way to survive.

I think it is, actually.

I think your reason for joining a group is because you are afraid of dying.

Not that i have anything wrong with that...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I think your reason for joining a group is because you are afraid of dying.

Not anymore really. I will do what I can to avoid death, but no one gets out of life alive.

And really, it's sort of strange for me to favor the group idea, considering that people piss me off most of the time and I am perfectly content being alone for long periods of time.

EDIT to add: I will admit this much though, death does piss me off!

[edit on 7/7/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
For the first 10 days i plan to hide in a high ground low potential area that would not be a good long term area to survive but has water. and few people.
I will watch the sky and roads and to see what traffic is moving civilian or military and what way its going.
monitor my scanner for any radio traffic.

Once i have a feel for what is going on then i will make my move.
I will travel at night (i have night vision equipment) following high ground and staying far enough from roads that i can watch them but not be seen.

I plan to go to the group preplanned massage drops and find out where and how to meet up with the rest of the group that will be doing the same thing in this area.

By the time we meet we will know what is going on in a 50 sq mile area. and can plan where we will set up base camp and observation post.

We planned it this way so that if anyone is captured they can not be forced lead anyone to our meeting area.
The only thing they can do is lead the enemy to a massage site and then to a watched site that we can free them. our massages will mean nothing to anyone that does not know how to read them.

Then we plan a scavenger hunt for anything useful for our survival.
We all have been plotting on maps where anything we find that might be useful.
When we get together with our maps it will likely take a year to bring all that we can salvage to one area

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join