posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:59 PM
These are in no certain order. I'm typing them as they come to me.
1. Our government is supposed to be, “Of the People, For the People and By the People”. I don't think it is right now. Our “government” has
run amok. We need to do more than just vote to change it.
2. Thomas Jefferson once said, “Commerce with all nations, alliance with none.” It sure would be nice if we wouldn't stick our noses into every
single conflict in the world. Where is the support from other nations?
3. Thomas Jefferson also said, “The Tree of Liberty must be watered, from time to time, with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants, both.” I think
that time is very near.
4. Benjamin Franklin said, “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
Others have made this choice for us. And it was the wrong one.
5. Our government is “hired” to do a job for the rest of us. They are supposed to work for “We The People”. They are not supposed to try to
rule us. They're simply employees out of control. We need to find a way to get that control back. I'm at a loss as to what to do.
6. The United States has troops in 135 countries around the world out of a total of 192. Are we spreading democracy or shoving our agenda down
people's throats? What do you think we could do for Americans if we used some of that “defense” money in our own country for our own people?
Why don't we fix our own problems before we go and tell other countries how they should run things?
These are just a few things that I've been thinking about recently. I'm not trying to preach to anybody. I just think that maybe some folks don't
see just how wrong things have gone. The changes are slow and insidious, so it's hard to notice how drastically things have been altered.
I'm not any different than any of you. I'm not special. I'm an American and I'm a Veteran. I love my country, but I hate my government.
I wish all of you a safe and happy Independence Day.