It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 4th of July with my flag at Half Mast

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

I would if I weren't on the other side of the country...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

haha!!!

Those arent mountains!!! Anyways I wish you luck and a happy fourth!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Yeah I know... They'll do. Happy 4th...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Well said,flying the flag at half staff might not be such a good idea,plus I think the way to help this nation is to keep pride in it strong,by flying flags,not by desecrating the flag.I believe we can inform American society and correct it-while we show the strongest patriotism and pride in our country.I am all for a better America too,the very nature of flying the flag half staff when it is not warranted defeats that purpose.I don't think we are at that point yet were we need to resort to flying flags at half staff on Independence Day,in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Actually what you are supposed to do is fly it upside down. Which means that the country is in distress or you are personally in distress. I wouldn't recomend it these days however, America has become ignorant, that kind of thing could get you killed or imprisoned.

Ok and on a side note. Whoever embedded the wierd flash audio please take it down. It is creeping me out! Thanks!

[edit on 3-7-2008 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Careful with them words there Mrwupy you are about to make me hit the friend button for the first time. Not that don't care for friends and fellowship, it's that I neve played with that feature on here before so I have no clue what it does or means so I tend to leave things like that be.

Yes it is true that the apathy of the people is the real motherf...wait can't say that word...when it comes to this nation going on or failing. Despite what Congress and the Press would have you believe the true fourth branch of government is We the People. It is spelled out in detail in the Preamble. This country's government only exists because We the People allow it to exist. We can legally remove it at any time for any reason or for no reason at all. And to be sure that we have this power the 2nd Amendment grants us the power to remove it by force if need be for "the security of a free state (nation)".

I bet they don't teach that in school anymore.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
So much for denying ignorance... I personally believe that the United States of America is the most ignorant counrty in the world. Yet I am proud to be an American. I also have pride in being from Pennsylvania, as little as we have, and as redneck as most here are. I am proud of where I hail, but I dont see me livling in this once-blessed country in the future. The ownership of this place doesnt make me happy, ill take my business elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
as a side note, i was walking in downtown chicago today, where the bank of america flag and the US flag are flown together at the same height.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well here they just had their fire works show, and I thought it was odd, they played taps the whole 45 min of the show. You know though, I found it very appropriate.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Yea I guess it's hard when have some foriegn writing on your avatar ,like it's cool .lol Don't start things that you can't end .

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Please don't be so maudlin.

We have days set aside to mourn our dead.

Independence Day is for celebrating the birth of our nation--the beginning of the greatest political experiment in history.

If you are that depressed, don't fly the flag at all.

Or better yet, recognize that despite our flaws as a country, there is much to celebrate in our bold beginnings and our near constant efforts to overcome our differences and to even still be a thriving nation against all odds after all these years.

Fly the flag, wear a flag pin, cook on the barbecue, take your kids someplace special, tell them about the founding fathers and the bravery of the men and women who sacrificed so much so that even in the midst of war, we can celebrate our independence with a reasonable expectation that we will not be slaughtered by marauding, cold-blooded murderers.

Your kids will love you and on Saturday you can go back to your sackcloth and ashes.

Let freedom ring!

[edit on 2008/7/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Dear Cousins,

do not abandon hope. We were once a proud nation. We once had the one of the greatest empires that the world had ever seen. It faded away. All things change. I truly beleive that your once proud nation will recover. Not in its past form but a new changed entity. I think that it takes a few hard knocks for a people to look inward and re-assess there identity.

American cousins, you are the nation that came to our aid in WW2, we fought along side each other in Korea and are doing so in Afganistan and Iraq. Hell, I served alongside you guys in the first Gulf conflict. I may not agree with all American policy but I do know that the people are a proud and strong race.

Okay, I am ranting on. All I am trying to say is, stick in there my friends. My thoughts are with you on your Independance Day.

Be proud.
Be American!

With my Kindes Regards

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Only a REAL and TRUE American would write something like that. Trust me...your children WILL forgive you! God bless you and America.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
The good ol' American flag..

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Its nice to see you are willing to confront the insanity around you.

Whos the philosopher that said something about our problem being mediocracy.

This country was never great. Its all relative of course, but your comparing it to other crap countries. If u could see the whole spectrum from the depths to the heights, you would see that we are closer to the bottom.

Your thinking this country was great shows that your sites are mediocre. Call me idealistic, but its not my fault others are short sighted.

Remember this. Whenever you make a choice, if you want to know if it is good, pretend everyone else followed the same choice.

So, if everyone had a hgiher vision for our world, we would be there already. Its frustrating people dont take personal responsibility for that we truly do create our own reailty with our mind and actions.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

How can I elaborate on that? We who KNOW, know that this country is owned by the corporations that stuff filthy money into the pockets of the sham politicians.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Apropos! This country IS in mourning. Whether most are willing to except it or not.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join