It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Oxford?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
oxford has always had its share of sightings though
there are quite a few miltary bases around
it could be some black ops craft getting run out

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Around my way too, I bumped into a man on the way home the other night that swore blind he had not only seen an alien but was in constant communication with him about an impending invasion.

Pretty sure he was smacked up but couldnt shake the feeling I was being followed home, nor could I explain the strange round lights in the sky.

Got too scared in the end, had to make a dash for my house

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
A woman who works in the building next to me has been telling anyone that will listen that she found a badly mutilated cat in her back garden.
She says it was in six pieces that were strewn round her garden.
No blood either.
I've not seen any pictures (she says she has them but nobody has seen them) so I can't comment but it's probably some nutter trying to get in the paper.
Anyway, I digress. For four nights last week my Sky went off for a period of time.
On the second night I made a note of the time. The third and fourth nights it went off at almost exactly the same time for around 8 minutes each time.
Then it came back on good as new. Phoned Sky on the third nihgt and they said they weren't aware of any problem, but on the fourth night when I spoke to them they said they'd have nine calls within my locality that night.
Could be something and nothing but you never know.
Other stories floating about including one old girl who says her fence was knocked down last week, but not really anything that couldn't be explained, it's just that there's a lot going on and it's odd that it's all happening in such a small area.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewlip

i saw them there was about 7 of them moving very slow very big loads of people must have seen them about 9pm

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Really? I was under the impression there was just the one light? Maybe when the photo is posted, we'll know more.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
yes was wens just gone where were you

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I was at home in Oxford. I didn't see anything (damnit), but I did see the report on the local news the next day. The mystery is there is nothing about it online anywhere.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hi,
I have found this video on Disclose.tv but not sure if this is the one you are speaking about!??

disclose.tv...

[edit on 4-7-2008 by ufopunx]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hi, I too saw the report on the news, about multiple ufo sightings over Oxford city center. I watched at least two videos, showing several lights static in the sky, one video also showed lots of people witnessing the event.
(I live south of Oxford, nr Newbury, so I'll be keeping an eye on the sky)

Another video showed a rectangular object which was pulsing different coloured lights appearing to come from inside, red, blue, green, fading in and out in intensity. The video was blurred due to the altitude obviously.

I texted a mate about it and then searched the net but couldn't find anything about it (Google search, you tube etc) I searched the 5 UK tv websites but still nothing.

In fact, this is the first time that this site has appeared in the Google search list, so it's the first coroborative link that I actually saw the news report lol.

Is this site ip suppressed when a serious sighting happens?

Tbh, I'm more worried about out governments behaviour than the sightings themselves.

I don't like being ruled by people who assume that we're so stupid that they can cover up such potentially enormous happenings without us clearly seeing what's going on. Very annoying.

JR

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ufopunx

Nope, that's not the one. I think that is over Somerset. The sign to the background of the reporter says Castle Cary, and they saw it on the m5. Definately not Oxford.

Thanks for trying though.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewlip

I woke up on Wednesday in S O T about 4.20, went for a toilet trip came out and got back into bed. I lay there and thought, what's going on in the sky? I opened the curtaions and there was a big white light out there much bigger than a star, it was pretty light outside, couldn't see any other stars but this light was big.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Hmm, this is getting weirder... Some people have reported just seeing one light (Like the news report I saw) and some have reported 7 lights. It sounds like they were having a party!

i'm so annoyed I missed out!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
yes we have a photo of it..we didnt see the news report but we got our photo between 5 and 6 pm on the 1st of july...we have a raf helecoper in shot which is what we were taking a photo of at the time...i looked everywhere to see if any one else saw the ufo i wish we had seen the report.we took the photo from chalgrove .
does any one else have a photo ? do you remeber when you saw it ..maybe there was more than one occasion...be cool to find out.

ok i have hopefully managed to get the photo on here....i no it does not really look totally like a ufo but i can promise you it was not a helecopter or plane or mark on camera .....we would be really really gratefull if people could look at it and see if they can clean the image up to see if we can find out what it is..i am convinced we have accidently taken a photo of this oxfordshire u.f.o and would welcome all input
can not get the photo on here? can any one help?

[edit on 5-7-2008 by happyspotter]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by happyspotter

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
yes we have a photo of it..we didnt see the news report but we got our photo between 5 and 6 pm on the 1st of july...we have a raf helecoper in shot which is what we were taking a photo of at the time...i looked everywhere to see if any one else saw the ufo i wish we had seen the report.we took the photo from chalgrove .
does any one else have a photo ? do you remeber when you saw it ..maybe there was more than one occasion...be cool to find out.

ok i have hopefully managed to get the photo on here....i no it does not really look totally like a ufo but i can promise you it was not a helecopter or plane or mark on camera .....we would be really really gratefull if people could look at it and see if they can clean the image up to see if we can find out what it is..i am convinced we have accidently taken a photo of this oxfordshire u.f.o and would welcome all input
can not get the photo on here? can any one help?

there must be a easy way to get this photo on i am new to all this so could takesome time

[edit on 5-7-2008 by happyspotter]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Happy spotter.... upload the photo to www.photobucket.com or (or any other picture hosting site) and place the url of the photo in the "weblink" button.

Alternatively, you could email me the photo and I'll put it up for you. I will u2u my email address

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Goto image shack and upload the pic then copy the link here.

Here the address for image shack. Its pretty much the same as attaching a picture to an email. Except you copy the url data to your post after the uploads finished. Your looking for the option to embed.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewlip
Happy spotter.... upload the photo to www.photobucket.com or (or any other picture hosting site) and place the url of the photo in the "weblink" button.

Alternatively, you could email me the photo and I'll put it up for you. I will u2u my email address

thanks very much i have emailed you the pic hope it can be seen soon so we can get some input on what people think...i no pic is not great but it is very bizare and has to be the ufo it is 100% not a plane helecopter blimp smudge or anything like that

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

This is Happyspotter's photo of a UFO over Charlgrove

Happyspotter says: "i no the photo is not great but i am 100% convinced it is a u.f.o..top left above the helecopter some one should be able to clean up the image and let us all no what it is..i no it is definatly not a aircraft of ours and it is not a smudge it has to be something but do not no what"

It seems we have a few different sightings around the area, some say it was daylight, some night time, some say one object, others say seven.

What's going on?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewlip

Hi welcome to ATS, I am hearing many reports of ufo around the UK and Oxfordshire lately. Most nights when the sky is clear I go out looking for anything strange in the sky and I do see alot of strange lights in the sky over Oxford but only since I started looking for them.

I think what's changing is people are becoming more conscious of them now.
It seams to me every time I go out to see one, and then I do. Twice they got really close to me doing a fly-by and I never get used to that, It gives me a great adrenalin rush.

I just wish they would get a little closer so I can prove to myself what I am seeing and maybe a tour of the mothership

Most people I know think I'm a weirdo for bring the subject up.
But I wonder is that just a reaction of fear of the unknown?

Anyway it's nice to know I'm not the only one here in Oxford looking at the clouds.

Maybe if there's enough people on here from Oxford we could have a ufo hunt every week or something...?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
As i said before, i've seen a few orbs and some triangle formation type lights, i'm just outside oxford but the activity is definitely hotting up.

I think today is the first day for two weeks or more with no ufo story in the media

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join