It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostages Lost for Years Released in Colombia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Hostages Lost for Years Released in Colombia

www.cnn.com

BOGOTA, Colombia (CNN) -- Government agents posing as rebels tricked a gang of armed desperados into handing over 15 hostages during a rendezvous deep in Colombia's unforgiving jungle.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Colombian military infiltrated the FARC for months prior to securing the hostages freedom. Hostages had been contained at several different locations and were pulled together for this one inspection by supposed Red Cross personnel.

There are many more details to yet be given out. You can access the full story and various video documentary. Source site has various links. There is no word yet if US forces were involved.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think that this is great the hostages have been released. However, I do not agree with the methods used, or the fact that this erased the UFO headline coverage scheduled for Larry King tonight.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
US Military Special-Ops Team, and Not the Colombian Army, Carried Out Hostage Rescue in Colombia
Months in the Planning, the Operation Included US Special Forces Posing as Members of a “French Humanitarian Group”

A U.S. military special-operations unit carried out the recent rescue of three Defense Department contractors being held by the leftist Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC), according to a source who has first-hand knowledge of the operation. The U.S. military contractors – Marc Gonsalves, Thomas Howes and Keith Stansell – had been held captive by the FARC ever since their surveillance plane was shot down in February 2003 over the Colombian jungles. Also rescued in the mission were 11 Colombian military and police officers as well as former Colombian presidential candidate Ingrid Betancourt – who also is a French citizen.

narconews.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rezial666

This operation shows how well Special Ops can function when left alone.

It does not set well with me that the Bush Machine would risk the operation by telling McCain to go there in time for a photo moment.

I’ve known POW’s and I know people with anger management issues when I see them. I would not trust McCain with a sling shot much less the US arsenals. How deep down this s&*t road do we need to go?

If we legalized drugs we could close that war up at least. Law enforcement would just have to enforce public intoxication laws and laws already in place to protect children. Both jobs seem far more likely to save lives than the war on drugs and other inanimate objects.

But again this sting was a job well done! Everyone with a hand in it should be proud of a job well done!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

On Thursday, Col. William Costello, spokesman for the U.S. Southern Command, said the command made 3,600 intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance flights, followed up on 175 intelligence leads and spent $250 million trying.

$250 million, that's a hell of a lot of money. I understand people will go in and search for people. But, $250 million?

I just wonder, we go in on spy flights there, but we won't in other countries.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

the Columbian Gov. ALLOW spy flights to operate over the jungle. Big huge difference to waltzing over china and snapping a few shots of their nuke pens...BIG difference.

$250 million ? for what 20 hostages ? thats a fantastic bargain. Considering Ollie Norths scammers used what, $100 million for Iran and the south american jaunt... With inflation $250 million is peanuts.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

After I posted that about the spy planes, I thought wait. But, $250 million to pick up three people? Hmmm. I guess you can look at it from both angles. I just guess, I wouldn't expect the government to spend that much money on me if I was trapped somewhere.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

These were a presidential hopeful in Columbia, and three highly trained 'intelligence' agents..

They had and have alot of knowledge between them that the USA and columbians can utilise...

$250 million is a snip.

new topics

top topics

join