It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain/Romney 2008?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
For what it's worth, it's my understanding that McCain has already tapped Romney as the VP. If nothing else, this may be a fun campaign to watch.

McCain/Romney vs. Obama/Clinton?

If nothing else, I'm guessing the debates would get high ratings.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I like Romney a heck of a lot better than McCain. A HECK of a lot.
But having Romney still isn't enough to get me to vote for him.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I like Romney a heck of a lot better than McCain. A HECK of a lot.
But having Romney still isn't enough to get me to vote for him.

Would the thoughts of $10 a gallon gas, 50% of your income going to taxes, and Cher and Barbara Streisand sleeping in the Lincoln bedroom again be enough to get you to vote for McCain and Romney????

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Cher and Barbara Streisand sleeping in the Lincoln bedroom

Together? EEEEEEEEEEW!!!!!!

Seriously ... Romney as POTUS would be fine.
McCain as POTUS would be better than Obama.
But McCain picking up Romney as VP doesn't push my buttons.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Cher and Barbara Streisand sleeping in the Lincoln bedroom

Together? EEEEEEEEEEW!!!!!!

Oh for the love of humanity and everything sacred, PLEEEAAZE never, NEVER, NEVER create another visual like that again....

I didn't mean TOGETHER!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Im a conservative, i don't like McCain but I would CERTAINLY vote McCain in if he had Romney in his back. I think we need an economy fixer WAYYYY more than a war vet (i have a strong expectation that Romney can and will fix our dead and dying economy if he were POTUS).

I got a feeling though if McCain elected Romney VP some lunatic would plot against McCain just to see Romney at the POTUS title. But that's just wat i think, it's not like i'm predicting or warning against anything.

And jamie, didn't you paint that peice of artwork yourself about Cher and Streisand?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Wouldnt McCain/Romney be another Kerry/Edwards where the majority of the party loves Romney - but despises McCain?

Kerry/Edwards lost to a bush/cheney :shk:

i guess that means Obama can start packing his bags for the white house

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

Wouldnt McCain/Romney be another Kerry/Edwards where the majority of the party loves Romney - but despises McCain?

You're wrong on just about every aspect of this analysis. The majority of the party did not love Edwards -that's why Kerry won. And likewise, the majority of the party does not love Romney. Otherwise he would have beaten McCain.

Kerry/Edwards lost to Bush/McCain because Kerry won the nomination by leaning hard left in the primaries, then trying to move center for the general election. He was immediately discredited as a "flip flopper" who couldn't be trusted. His core supporters were no longer inspired because they lost faith that he was going to do what he promised.

i guess that means Obama can start packing his bags for the white house

Funny, but right now it's looking like Obama is following in the footsteps of his mentor, John Kerry. I am having trouble understanding how the Democrats didn't learn from Kerry's mistakes in 2004 and why Obama believes his move to the center isn't going to ruin his credibility among his core supporters.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

You're wrong on just about every aspect of this analysis. The majority of the party did not love Edwards -that's why Kerry won. And likewise, the majority of the party does not love Romney. Otherwise he would have beaten McCain.

but if thats true - then the PEOPLE put Obama where he is, and not some elitist scum like a few posters on this forum claim.

I believe that i, many times, remember watching the kerry/edwards campaign, and the democratic party becoming enraged with Kerry that he screwed things up so bad- and edwards, if only for a short time, become the poster child.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
touchy........
ok then let me try again...
wow..those to guys together... that would be bad i think
one guy is like a war guy and the other guy is a real religious guy.

war and religion together is not a good mix... we all know that already
i would think...

we would be so poooed..
I would cry...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
ps.. not sure why the first one is off topic..
says exactly the same thing as the second one but
with a little fun and attitude behind it .
but ok...who am I to bend the rules...didn`t realize I was

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Maya432]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432
the other guy is a real religious guy.

So? He's not out shoving it down anyones throats and he isn't out preaching that 1/2 the Christians in the world (catholics) are going to hell because they belong to the wrong denomination (like Mike Huckabee's religion does).

top topics

join