It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plasma, LCDs blamed for accelerating global warming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Oh, puhleeeeze!!!

The TV sets I am familiar with, from the early 1960s, produced far more heat out of the back, because of the vacuum tubes and other components, than a modern TV!!!

Sheesh!! A laptop computer gets hotter than most modern TVs!!!!

This is a lot like the 'chemtrail' myth.....another Urban Legend, brought legs because of the Internets.....

As to OUR affect on the environment, that is plainly evident. BUT, it's already been done, (circa 1890s to 1920s) and likely no changes in our habits will be forthcoming anyway.

However, the Earth's climate constantly changes, regardless. We will adapt, as other various species have adapted, over the multiple hundreds of thousands of years. We just won't see it within one generation .... sounds harsh, but it's the way species adapt. The individual doesn't matter, when it comes to the survival of the fittest, and the species.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

man-made global warming is a huge hoax and a waste of everyone's time and money.

What makes it a huge hoax?? How is it a waste of time??

I think you've been turned off by all the talk of global warming = hurricanes, storms, floods etc.

Even if man is responsible for a slight change in the climate that could affect snowpack... You realize we get our water from snowpack in the mountains? Considering all the baloney that is pumped into our brain from the media, I fail to see how global warming propaganda is really that bad? Nothing wrong with making people more aware of their environment, even if it's over-hyped.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I wonder when there gonna actually make a public statement regardless those "compact florescent" lights everyone loves so much ..

It seems like no one i know has any clue how much they cost to destroy. And due to the mercury in them are highly toxic in land fills. And in the long run . Cost more energy (albeit not for the consumer) To dispose of .

People care about global warming when they don't have to give anything up .
We would rather pay higher taxes then drive smaller cars.

Theres so many things we all use everyday that are horrible for the planet.
Try taking them away . I bet you don't get much support at all.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join