It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush is preparing forward lunar base to meet alien threat

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Furthermore, I decided to try and educate you a tad on how our government works - because I find that many people have little real clue how our government works, and how the bureaucracies play in.

I don't really know much about this, except for things that I have read from some random newspapers, but doesn't president of usa have the right to veto something forever, if he wishes to? That's absolute power, in a certain sense.

I do realize that there always is a group of people who want to push certain goals that they all have in common.. However, those groups are also something in which anybody can join. That makes a strange conspiracy.

Definition of conspiracy however includes that it must be illegal way to act, so most of politics really isn't conspiracy at all, even when agreed to do something in secrecy.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

So why take attacking Bush to such ridiculous levels?

Probably because of his policy of ignoring the american people

Regardless - Bush has to work within the Government for all of these conspiracies to work. And I'm telling you that it wouldn't work because the democrats would seize any opportunity to jump out and say "Hey, look, he's getting ready to sell you down the river

Like pelosi did on the fisa bill?
Or like pelosi blocking impeachment?

Truth be known bush would not have been possible if it hadn't been for woodrow wilson,so I'll bash wilson.

If there are plans for a lunar base it will be many years before it becomes reality.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If they are setting up some stupid base to protect us, they are only endangering us even more. We are screwed.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hey Bush is funny, and life is cheap, what's the problem?

We got rid of Blair and got someone even crapper, better the devil you know.... as for moon bases, according to most of you we've never even been there!!! and a few guys in some space shed ain't gonna do d*** to some vast space bearing alien species who use the 3 shells instead of bog roll.

[Edit] spellingsies!!!

[edit on 4/7/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

The power is not absolute. While the President can veto a bill and keep it from becoming a law, it can be over-ridden with a 3/4 vote of Congress, if I do remember correctly (it could be 2/3 - but even that is difficult to get).

Furthermore, Congress has a nasty habit of tacking on random acts and regulations onto the end of that have nothing to do with the stated purpose of the bill. Often raises for members of Congress are attached to education bills - something that would make the President look bad for vetoing (at least as far as the media was concerned).

Even though the bill, in its entirety, is available - free of charge - to all U.S. citizens - everyone would assume "It's titled 'education funding bill', the President vetoed it, the President is against education!!!"

Originally posted by pooty
Probably because of his policy of ignoring the american people

Or you are just angry at his policy of ignoring you. I know quite a few people who are perfectly content with our President. And most of the people out there that do have a problem with him either have unrealistic expectations of the President (don't know how the system works), or actually have a problem with Congressional policies but blame the National Whipping Boy (The President), instead (again - they don't know the system). In my opinion, if you don't know the basics of how the U.S. Government is organized - you should not be allowed to vote. If you can - then your vote is your vote. But the only word that comes to mind when I see people voting every year that somehow think the President is going to be a super-king and fix all of our problems is "stupid." It's stupid on behalf of such individuals, and it's stupid for our country to stand for such ignorance and openly invite the corruption ignorant voters bring to power.

Originally posted by CommanderSinclairYour mistake was calling someone a child (which is a childish act)
I believe your in the wrong buddy.

Believe what you will.

However, I addressed him as "child", I did not call him a child. Furthermore, if you consider addressing someone as a child to be a derogatory term, then there is much yet for you to learn, as well. A child still has much to learn, and while often displaying very complex thought patterns, often neglect vital pieces of information or overlook rather obvious considerations.

Furthermore, when you think of a child, you think of a ten year old tapping away on a keyboard with all kinds of random gibberish. When I think of - and speak of - a child (especially on the internet), I am speaking of one's spirit. Compared to my spirit, most of the human race are children.

That's only insulting, I guess, if you place less value in children than you do yourself. What a horrid life it would be, to place more value in one's-self than in the manifestations of one's future.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If this is true, there in no way I'm fighting in a war against anyone, aliens or humans....

We should stop trying to fight with even more races, or anyone, we have enough problems here!

[edit on 4-7-2008 by krestan]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Actually I remember the Lunar base idea from reading about it when I was
a teenager in the early 1980's about a program called Project Horizon
which was to put a small garrison of military personnel on a moonbase
within the 1960's.

I think I even saw the a reproduction of the original typewritten report
which had crude hand-drawn illustrations and was as basic as you can
get in some science journal our high school had....

Project Horizon Document:

www.astronautix.com...

Ahhh the Wonders of Modern Day Desktop Publishing
where 12 year old kids can make up better stuff than this!

----

Other Project Horizon Links:

en.wikipedia.org...

and other concepts:

From Mark Wade - Encyclopaedia Astronautica:

www.astronautix.com...
www.astronautix.com...
www.astronautix.com...

The Russians, US, Europe and even China all have plans
for the moon NOW that are perfectly feasible but in 1959
this was NOT possible technologically and logistically!

---

HOWEVER: ... !!!

From some of my rumour-monger friends high up
in the Mil-Tech heirarchy, there have been
unsubstantiated reports of a military
spacestation the size of a school-bus or two
designed to house 3 to 6 astronauts in cramped
conditions for months at a time performing
science-tech experiments such as growing diamond-substrate
or other crystaline structures in space for super-CPU-chips
and making ultra-exotic compounds and materials
designed for space/aero vehicles and of course
for long-term earth & space observation.

I understand there is also a single-stage
to orbit craft that is known in the Black Budget
world as being a delivery vehicle not only
for NRO/NSA recon satellites but also as
a crew delivery vehicle based upon a
technological extension of THIS 1960's
era design:

www.astronautix.com...

with development possibly extended to this type of vehicle:

www.fas.org...

but contracted out to Lockheed Martin instead of Boeing!

And since the space around Earth is VERY, VERY BIG
and EMPTY, it WILL NOT be that easy to find that
space station UNLESS a comprehensive civilian
search program is put underway.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well, I for one say hear, hear! We all know that the lunar dictator, Man-in-the-Moon, has used chemical weapons on his own people, and God knows as soon as Mr. MM develops his new-cyoo-ler weapons, he'll threaten his neighbors and even the entire galaxy! I mean, it will be too late when we see the new-cyoo-ler cloud.

Besides, the Lunar people suffer under the yoke of this tin-pot dictator, and they need our help. I say let's launch Operation Lunar Freedom to free the Moon and keep lunar weapons of mass destruction out of the hands of terrorists. Why Mr. MM even supports the families of suicide bombers. Where do you thing all those lunar craters came from? We have to put a stop to this now, before it's too late!

Seriously, it would give a whole new meaning to "Houston, we have a problem," now wouldn't it?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I honestly doubt Bush would ever do this but the idea doesn't surprise me. But...who knows.

BTW- this is a year old. Nothing really new. Until we here MORE of this plot, then we can be more concerned about it.

Until then, a year old is a year old.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Does anyone remember Heinlein's The Moon is a Harsh Mistress...? What if the real reason a base is sought is to give them the power to easily throw rocks at us...?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
ah yes, it will cost 20 trillion dollars. Problem is the Aliens already know about it so will approach earth from the opposite direction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join