It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush is preparing forward lunar base to meet alien threat

page: 1/
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
www.livevideo.com...
Former Canadian Defense Minister admits that US.gov is preparing a forward lunar military base to meet alien threats.

geezzzs... Those reptiles must be desperate!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
The judges are coming...

www.theveiledprophet.com...

[edit on 3-7-2008 by skeptical2012]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
In related news Pleiadeans open an advanced base in Washington DC to deal with the earth human's threat to themselves... no, not really.

We've all heard the dislosure project's witness saying there would be an alien threat hoax after terrorism and meteorites, so maybe sometime soon the government might be silly enough to go through with it. Still, I'll realise this is the case the first time I hear an official say aliens and threat in the same sentence and ask for more money.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Maybe government officials will be sent up there for "peace talks" and then a horrible accident will occur.

Then wave bye-bye to the politico-astronaut.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptical2012

geezzzs... Those reptiles must be desperate!

I have the other way.
Those BUSHes must be desperate.
I wish you don't pay tax anymore, and the world don't buy USA stories no more, let's see how far can USA go.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Extra-enertaining youtube with the Canadian Minister! A star for you!

Now the third link...... y'know, you've gotta be wary of people that call themselves "prophet"
..... even a veiled one. Actually that mental picture creeps me out even more. So while I really didn't spend enough time on the link -- to be fair -- to really judge, there's that prophet thing going on again. Can't we come up with a better word? Something more realistic, like..... maybe....... seer? Oracle?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptical2012

I think this could be massively important news,it brings me to two conclusions:
1.Wtih this and all the other mainstream media coverage lately we are extremely close to a full disclosure.
OR
2.This is a cover story for a purely military defense station on the Moon to assert US control of space.

Interesting story,how new is this?Sounds like I heard something like this before,it is amazing how many 'official' witnesses have come forward after retiring,it's to the point that we can no longer refute their claims IMO.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

....you give a bad name to skeptics.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I can only see about seven-hundred errors in judgement in this idea to build a Moon base to defend against an Alien threat. But, as space limits me, I can only list about three or four here:

Problem 1: The very idea of putting the base on the Moon. That makes real sense - to a bureaucrat or Pentagon troll, I would imagine. The idea that a race could come across the Galaxy, maybe the Universe, and be stopped by a base on the Moon. That's sort of like trying to protect Canada from an invasion from the U. S. by building a fort on Niagra Falls. Not like you could ever go around the Moon base after you travelled across the Galaxy!

Problem 2: The idea of putting a base on the Moon. What kind of technology can we put up there, really? We don't even have a regular old run-of-the-mill Moon base now. What kind of super technology do they think they have that would be sufficient to put on the Moon and keep it running against Alien attack?

Problem 3: A Moon base defense system, in theory and practice. Once we've got the base established and Intergalactic War is declared, how the hell are we going to keep the thing in operation? How is it going to be repaired, refueled and re-supplied?

Problem 4. The crazy notion of a Moon based defense system. What kind of technology do they expect to counter these Aliens with? It's akin to some savage tribe thinking they can defeat stealth-bombers with a bunch of sharp rocks. We would be outclassed by definition and practice in every sense in any such confrontation.

Problem 5
I lied and gave five, when I promised to limit myself to four) The Moon Base Defense.
We can't even stop fighting amongst ourselves for even more than...well, never. Where does anyone get the idea that we will all suddenly come together and turn against the Alien Threat and be able to overcome it? We can't overcome ourselves.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceara

Just be sure to avoid releasing any doves in the ceremonies.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by passenger

Two things about a moon base; many types of particle beam weapons not practical on the Earth because of atmospheric diffusion would be practical on the moon, and, you could see them coming from a greater distance without Earths' atmosphere and light pollution.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
While I believe we have some form of research installation on the Moon and potentially use it to construct various craft (again - that's a belief of mine just coming from my own experience and deductive reasoning), there's a difference between R&D and a combat platform.

Now, I think we need to clear a few things out of the way, first.

Bush doesn't do this stuff. Anything like this would be covered up in various congressional budget plans (and Congress would likely not know about it). The U.S. is excellent at making money appear and disappear at will. It's a time-honored tradition of the defense industry.

Second, any briefings to Congress on this sort of stuff, or political chatter, is presented as a contingency - "What if [insert tragedy] - what, then?" Many talks and preparations for such situations become the center of conspiracy theories (such as the various rail systems and detention centers located around the U.S. to handle mass civil riots - it's not part of an overlord scheme, simply "um... so what do we do if this happens....." - the answer is provided, a plan developed, and infrastructure allocated.) You have officials that worked in the bureaucracy and came across some papers that they shouldn't have read as much as they did, then they come out in the public after they get out and start singing like a damned canary. Of course - they only got to see bits and pieces of the song - so it's all out of whack.

As for the idea of whether or not aliens could actually be "fought" - I think the answer is "yes." We underestimate ourselves so much that it's pathetic. It's a very simple ignorance that we all tend to subject to - the ignorance of what we are.

I've said it before, and I will say it again - and encourage you all to listen to one with experience and wisdom. We are highly social predatory animals that thrive on competition. Facilitating our predatory and competitive nature is a very keen ability to observe our universe, develop insight, and manipulate our universe (and further develop insight off of our manipulation).

We are not natives with sticks and sharp rocks. We are human beings - the dominant predator on this planet who have the raw instinct to define the mortality of other entities and exploit that if need-be. Our sheer combination of observation, manipulation, and competitiveness assures that any being we come across will be trampled should they not be as competitive, observant, manipulative, and insightful as we are. It doesn't matter how out-classed we are, technologically. The gap will close so fast that we would likely be worshiped by other entities as gods - or the species of God. You think natives with sharp rocks would be destroyed by our modern military? They're humans. They may not understand how our weapons work, but they will discern their weaknesses and exploit them. Eventually they would get their hands on our devices and learn how they work, even if they do not have the industrial capacity to produce them, themselves.

We are survivors.

Many religions place us as being a special species - often citing us as "the Children of God" in some form or another. What better species to represent the wrath and compassion of a deity than a sentient, highly social predator? We are defined by our capacity for compassion and love - and our sheer ferocity and destructive capacity.

I highly doubt many alien species would be looking for trouble here on Planet Earth. But if they are - I'm sure they will find it, and not at all be disappointed. We are likely one of the few species out there that can make for a combined intellectual, technological, and militaristic challenge.

It's something I hope we never lose as humans, no matter how far we stretch into the stars in our future. Being human is being the competitive super-predators we are, while being the highly compassionate social animals we are. It is that which gives us our strength - our superiority even in defeat.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I think project Bluebeam or making any hologram in the sky would be easier if they had access to the moon, but an alien invasion seems silly to me. If a race could get here by switching dimensions, bending time, time travel, or whatever they do, they would probably not be bothered by our little spit guns.
A technologically advanced race could probably pick us up and swing us into a black hole if they wanted to and if they wanted to do that, wouldn't they have done so already.
I think if we had a so-called alien invasion, it would either be fake, a warning, a wake up call or Orion stopping by to have lunch.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
We are not natives with sticks and sharp rocks… We are human beings …. It doesn't matter how out-classed we are, technologically. The gap will close so fast that we would likely be worshiped by other entities as gods - or the species of God. You think natives with sharp rocks would be destroyed by our modern military? They're humans. They may not understand how our weapons work, but they will discern their weaknesses and exploit them. Eventually they would get their hands on our devices and learn how they work, even if they do not have the industrial capacity to produce them, themselves.

You really need to read the history of Native Americans, or the Aboriginal Peoples of Australia. I can appreciate your charitable faith in humankind but I wonder if the Aliens wouldn’t have their own version of “Whatever happens we have got…”

Our superiority in technology is what allowed us to subdue the planet over other forms of life. And furthermore, technologically advanced societies have swarmed over less inclined ones, time and time again.
It would be nice to believe that your faith in the victory of Humans over Aliens is correct, but our own history teaches us otherwise.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nookster

Just be sure to avoid releasing any doves in the ceremonies.

I got a good chuckle out of that. Thanks!

Well, I just saw the newest Stargate SG-1 movie, called "Continuum."

Lots of interesting info in this movie. But the best part was at the end when Carter said, "Wanna check out the plans for the new moon base?"

I love how they hint at stuff really going on in sci-fi shows/movies.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceara

Well, I just saw the newest Stargate SG-1 movie, called "Continuum."

Lots of interesting info in this movie. But the best part was at the end when Carter said, "Wanna check out the plans for the new moon base?"

I love how they hint at stuff really going on in sci-fi shows/movies.

Excellent point Ceara,I haven't seen either of the two new SG-1 movies,are they good?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Excellent point Ceara,I haven't seen either of the two new SG-1 movies,are they good?

Well if you're a Stargate fan, then yes, both are great!

The first DVD has lots of fire action and special effects with the Ori, and Daniel Jackson does what he always does best. That DVD has a lot of spirituality content. Ascension, downfall of religion-based control, right vs. wrong, etc.

The second DVD has a lot of conspiracy-related material in it. Sly mentions of working in Antarctica because "no one knows," and the moon base comment.
The time travel aspect of the storyline reminds me a lot of the movie "2009: Lost Memories" made in S Korea (but is done in English).

As far as being good cinema to those not familiar with Stargate... well, no. You really have to like SG1 to like these films because there are a lot of references to past episodes. The casual viewer would be lost and not understand.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by passenger

You really need to read the history of Native Americans, or the Aboriginal Peoples of Australia. I can appreciate your charitable faith in humankind but I wonder if the Aliens wouldn’t have their own version of “Whatever happens we have got…”

They may. However, we are speculating greatly on what we do not know. Would a species, after millions of years of exploring the cosmos, lose its competitive edge? Does this species even have the drive to advance like we do? UFOs in ancient times haven't changed much at all over the past several thousand years. What gives? Perhaps they are not nearly as mentally adept as we credit them, or they rule out certain methods (such as computers) for moral or cultural reasons that we may not be aware of, much less understand.

Personally, counter to my own personality when it comes to theories of the universe, I would rather deal with what we do know. Thus far, most of the other species out there tend to regard us as kin - the exception being "Greys," which are a species that tend to be rather deceitful - at least as far as most reports indicate that don't also wreak of ET worship.

Our superiority in technology is what allowed us to subdue the planet over other forms of life. And furthermore, technologically advanced societies have swarmed over less inclined ones, time and time again.
It would be nice to believe that your faith in the victory of Humans over Aliens is correct, but our own history teaches us otherwise.

That's not entirely true. It's been our superiority in industry, population, and technology - combined - that has given us the advantage. And history has shown that technological societies never succeed in exterminating another society. And never has it been shown that technological societies are immune to "inferior" societies.

Furthermore, going on what we know, our aircraft have shot down UFOs in the past. Now, there has been no evidence to suggest that these are combat-worthy vessels, but there has been no evidence to suggest otherwise, either. There has also been no evidence to suggest that we are really very far away from many ETs in technology and industry. We also have the advantage of an extremely complex and diverse ecosystem that has influenced our industrial processes in a way that other ETs may not have adopted. The concept of using viruses to engineer microcircuitry and nanostructures, and bacteria to develop ultra-high density capacitors.

Just because they have developed a way of traveling through the cosmos does not mean they are technologically superior anymore than a bird is technologically superior to us. We assume far too much and place too many human values on ETs - from the environments they develop(ed) on to their culture and psychology.

We suspect that technology to an alien is the same as our own technology, and followed the same chronology. The reality is that it is entirely possible for a species to develop space flight and sub-space travel mechanisms without even knowing what it is they are doing anymore than the ancients understood magnetism. It's also possible that they could have developed that technology prior to developing many biological technologies, or even before exploring a variety of chemical reactions and metallurgy, electronics, etc. They may be absolutely puzzled as to why we aren't zipping around through the cosmos with them, and getting a lot of good ideas from our own perspective on the universe.

[Edited to fix quote tags]

[Edited again to fix quote tags.... changes were not saved after selecting "preview post" - someone with the power to might want to look into that]

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Aim64C]

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Aim64C]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Really?
That's what were going with today?
Just to be clear, this the same Bush that said "strategery" and broke his face in a pretzel incident?
Yeah, I'm sure he's all over the alien thing.
Please!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Wow,they sound great!Yes,I am a Stargate fan(both SG1 and Atlantis) thanks.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Just to be clear.
You're talking about this president Bush?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join