It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Declaration of Independence From The Government of The USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Heh-I've seen this article appearing on a few different sites today, and it gave me some food for thought. What it addresses is entirely true, the gov no longer represents the people as they were all sworn in, and took oaths to do. The entire system is totally corrupt on all sides, at all levels. The citizenry is entirely irrelevant to these people. A stint in office is nothing more than the equivelant of cashing in a lottery ticket and furthering wealth and power, at the expense of all the little people these "leaders" are supposed to represent.

That being said, what if a few million people took what this article puts forth to heart? Not sure what would happen, but it certainly raises some interest points and possibilities IMO....

Through a consistent stream of actions the United States Government has proved itself to be corrupt, having turned away from serving its original purpose. The United States Government has therefore failed, and is de facto illegitimate. Consequently, all of its authorities over me are hereby removed and the United States Government is hereby disbanded in its entirety. All branches, the legislative, executive and judicial branches, including all offices and resources, political, military, informational and financial, are hereby disenfranchised and replaced by local, self-organizing, bioregional governments and currencies that promote sustainable infrastructures and demonstrably serve the principles of integrity, transparency, interdependence, consciousness and the sustainable well being of their entire ecology.

Human beings carry an inalienable responsibility for choosing to whom or what they pledge their allegiance. From this moment forward I no longer pledge my allegiance to the organization that has called itself the Government of the United States of America. We are dissociated. I disallow that organization to legislate, adjudicate, use money, or make agreements in my name, either nationally or internationally. I hereby withdraw my franchise from the United States Government and I no longer submit myself to its authority. I hereby abandon my United States Passport as worthless, null and void because through its own actions the United States Government has invalidated itself.

Full Article:

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
remember ppl........

unalienable - incapable of being repudiated or transferred to another; "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights"

that CAN'T be taken away, only surrendered. i am a citizen of america and not a citizen of the united states government; for better or for worse

[edit on 3-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Reading that statement made me feel....patriotic! What better way to celebrate Independence Day? I love the ideas this country was founded on with all of my heart. The sad substitute for that ideal that we are being spoon fed today must stop. I look at all the heated debates between the red and the blue- those disagreements could fuel thought, create great solutions, open minds, heighten awareness, raise us all up to a higher level and achieve a society of greatness. Our differences could make us more than anyone could dream but let's face it- there is not a political party out there whose needs are being met.
Tomorrow I will be thinking about America and what I can do to fulfill my responsibilities as an American.
Thanks for the thread!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Superb post,I wonder though even by making that declaration the state level government would still have said authority over an individual.Surely would make cries of a second civil war a whole lot louder.You would deffinatly have to fight for that declaration in my humble opinion.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'm going to put that declaration in my profile........heck maybe print a copy and keep it in my wallet,lol(not really).

[edit on 7/3/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Indeed. My feeling is that this would qualify quite a few people as enemy combatants under the "Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Act". No dissent allowed. I think this is why they have been working so hard passing through all these Orwellian acts and measures over the past year-They know people are getting fed up with all of the lies and suppressional treatment.

new topics

top topics

join