It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACLU: Pentagon Made 'Unprecedented' Effort To Hide Human Cost of War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I have been thinking about the kinds of information being withheld from the public. Obviously, they are trying to avoid the Vietnam War era Evening News report of the war dead statistics. I remember that very well.

Likely though it is simply part of a broader culture of control that has characterised the Bush/Cheney administration.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

LOL, I've looked at ATS for years. Your own posts give it away: the "media" has tried to make being anti-war hip and trendy since day 1, because that was a key part of the DNC's propaganda strategy - get the war going, then reverse course. You just talked about how the media somehow "encouraged" it. Classic.

How can you say the MSM has been anti-war from day 1, when that's clearly not true?

Don't you remember all the knee-jerk patriotism on our televisions in the wake of Sept 11? They didn't even make an effort to investigate the claims of the administration, they were just a bunch of parrots, waving the flag and playing make believe when it came to one invasion after another - let's go get them WMDs, right? Saddam and Usama - best friends forever, right? Iranian bad guys blowing up American good guys in Saddr City - right? WRONG!

And on the subject of the DNC, they were all on board with the war, and the hunt for WMDs, and the regime change nonsense. It's been a bait and switch with the American people. The same media who are currently playing beat-the-dead-lame-duck were not so long ago broadcasting "mission accomplished" and "this war is essentially over" - they completely discarded their journalistic integrity.

This was a good article, I thought. It deals with the administration's PR effort on the war issue.

www.rollingstone.com...

You think I'm pro-democrat because I'm anti-war? I think I may nominate that for oversimplification of the year.

How could I possibly be a shill for the DNC when I would just as soon see both the Democrats and Republicans defenestrated? They're all crooks! My record speaks for itself on this issue - I've never had an ounce of sympathy for the BS of the blue guys over the red guys. It all stinks as far as I'm concerned.

The division is a system intentionally engineered to control the citizenry. Every ounce of energy we spend fighting each other is another ounce we can't spend resisting the status quo.

Black vs. white, red vs. blue, catholic vs. protestant - it's all bull#! The only conflict that's ever mattered, since the first city was built in the cradle of civilization has been rich vs. poor.

That's the war they DON'T want to fight, because they know they can't win. There's only about ten million of them, so that leaves..what, like 6 billion of us?

I don't care if your a DNC propagandist, really I don't. And to be clear, I'm only talking about you - not the rest of the staff.

Well that's really nice of you to say. Is it surprising that I'm still pissed off?

You can't just call someone a shill for a group they despise and expect them to take in on the chin. Sorry, but those are fighting words.

Supporting a well known DNC lap dog interest group from a well known DNC propaganda site, no, your certainly not a party idealogue.

How am I supporting the ACLU? I think most of what they do stinks.

It just so happens that they're right about this issue.

You don't have to take their word for it, just look at the facts, including the admissions of key cabinet members, that control of the media was considered critical to the war effort.

You want shills - here, here are some shills (for the Pentagon).

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
You think I'm pro-democrat because I'm anti-war? I think I may nominate that for oversimplification of the year.

Seconded.

I think that too many people get caught up in the "this and that" of issues. Popular media encourages a 'choosing of sides' as it were, which is the lazy way out.

I have noticed that there are many on ATS who have refrained from such obsequious presentations, but there are many who still adhere to the age old qualifications.

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
The division is a system intentionally engineered to control the citizenry. Every ounce of energy we spend fighting each other is another ounce we can't spend resisting the status quo.

Spoken like a true patriot.

The media is not where we need to gather our opinions.

Bush sent innocent Americans to be killed and to kill (unintentionally, I would like to think) Iraqi civilians.

Unacceptable.

The Pentagon has been shown to create propaganda specific for the American people. The partisan BS should cease if the people are ever going to have their say.

<< 1   >>

join