It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40x optical 2000x digital zoom any good for filming UFOs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I've always wondered why we have as of yet any good upclose videos of alien spacecraft, and I was wondering if something like a 40x optical 2000x digital zoom camcorder would be good for filming a UFO, or would it only produce the same old low-quality barely visible footage? What is required in order to zoom into the smallest details of UFOs within our atmosphere?

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Leto]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

I've said this on many occasions:

There is a very easy way to combat overskepticissity when filming ufos:

1. Take a photography class at your local learning annex.
2. Purchase bout ten grand worth of photo/video equipment including tripods, lenses, Flir, etc.
3. Make sure you're there, prepared and looking up at the sky when UFOs appear.
4. Gather witnesses and have them sign a prepared release form.
5. Take picture/video from different angles simultaneously.
6. Immediately place cameras into evidentiary Ziploc.
7. Have said Ziploc sealed by any cast member of CSI or a real CSI.
8. Document this procedure legally by having it notarized. (remember to always have a notary public with you)
9. Have someone take a picture of you, the witnesses, the UFO, the CSI, and the notary public, and have that notarized.
10. Send to ATS

Bob's your uncle!
It couldn't be simpler really.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Lol... That is about what it will take for the people who don't believe.

To the OP:

Maybe even getting a helicopter and flying around so you will be up in the air and can film from there.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Getting a helicopter and trying to film UFO's huh? Sad advice if I ever heard it.

In a nutshell, don't waste your time purchasing equipment that you think might give you the ability to shed light on some alien craft debate. All these years, and THOUSANDS of videos with cameras more than most could afford have not done so yet, so rest assured you will probable not photo or video anything that isn't highly debatable, and highly subjective based on your personal beliefs and desires.

Again, don't waste your time unless you wish to contribute to the plethora of useless YouTube videos that all the blind faith believers around here point to...that most of us with half a brain only use as evidence of their own ignorance. Unless you wish to add to the cacophony of "useful idiots" that make sure there is no need to cover the facts up (after all, no one takes this subject seriously thanks to 90% of the people on this very board) then don't bother.

I really hate to be the voice of reason on this, and blast me if you will. But what I say is correct, whether you guys want to hear it or not. Blast away.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I don't think it will either. To be honest, I added that so it wouldn't be a one-line post. I just had to comment on SD's list.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Digital zoom is just something that the camera makers use to help sell the cameras, 4x digital zoom is enough to make the picture look bad, something like 2000x digital zoom would create UFOs out of anything.

My suggestion is that you practise, imagine the day comes and you have the equipment ready, the conditions are good, but you are not able to film it in good conditions; not a good thing to happen.

top topics

join