It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars today is Earths future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I was just thinking about Mars in general and all the findings we have found over the years. Particulary the evidence that seems to point out that there is a chance that life was once there. Evidence of gulleys, rivers and lakes that have once existed but now dried up. What is thought to be ice has been found. Recently the martian soil has been confirmed to be able to support life. And even the certain geographic evidence that suggests non natural formations (although this is very disputable and no 'solid' proof). And the fact that many people believe life was once there, but a cataclismic event caused it too dissapear.

And then it got me thinking.

Is it possible that what has possible happened to Mars, is happening to Earth right now?

Think about it.

Rivers and lakes are drying up or shrinking. Forests and vegetation are dissapearing due to forest fires starting from rising temperatures of the planet, leaving baron wastelands. Ice is melting. Hundreds of species are becoming extinct and many many more face extinction which creates a domino effect on the whole planet (eg. bees die out, cant pollinate plants, particular animals/insects have no 'insert plant', that animal/insect dies out, other animals cannot eat them, they die out etc...). Food and resources are suffering due to over population (although this is probably not likely anything similar to mars).

Could there be some cycle of events that causes mass extinction of a planet. Maybe life once flurished there but something took place or happened over a period of time which lead to the planets demise. Then the cycle passed and we evolved as a species and civilisation at a tremendous rate. Could a cycle or event be re-occuring, a natural event? (global warming?, which I believe to be entirely natural. Apparently even the whole solar system is heating up, although the global warming scientists and charities tend to leave that one out)

I didnt know whether to put this in the space section or here. Thought this would be the best place.

Your thoughts and opinions?

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Proto]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Definately makes sense. Same with the cydonia region on mars. Is the whole universe heating up? where did you read this , i guess if this is true we can cross out the destruction of the universe at sub zero temperatures. Is the universe no longer expanding? is it contracting back to one singularity? or are we in a rotation between expanding and contracting?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Theres loads of evidence to support the theory. But its not the universe like you said, I was explaining our solar system is heating up.

You know that Mars is undergoing climate change, gullies are appearing and even ice is retreating? And its not just mars either.

Infact after a quick search I found this thread, take a look it will explain in further detail.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I really do think that something happened to mars in the past, and its life consequently suffered. And it really seems something similar could be happening here.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I Do believe that there was life , and is currently life on mars. (human + ET mars base) The only question i have about an ancient civilization on mars is, at the temperatures right now it drops to as cold as 103 degrees? If our solar system is heating up than thousands of years ago when this civilation inhabited this planet, it would have been much much colder there. Even going back more in time, would have been cooler and cooler? OR is the sun going in phases of hot to cool? Not quite sure if The planet which supported life was venus it would make more sense closer to the sun, sun gets hotter , way to hot for life and they civilization dies off. Then again anatomy of a living thing from mars may thrive in colder temperatures , and over time as the solar system has heated up it has threatened their icy enivorment eventually extinciting them. Does the solar system going in phases of hot cold or did it start from extremely cold to hotter and hotter.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Proto

This concept is something I have been thinking about for a while now, when Bush announced that we 'must go to Mars' I wondered why he is interested in that now, and considering natural global warming that is taking place one has to think about other planets that may have already ungone this type of change, Mars is seeming more and more to fit the bill.

top topics

join