It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial law and your USA military... would you ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Fire on and kill americans?
Stand shoulder to shoulder with UN soldiers?
Round up americans and put them into the camps?
Do wahts best for you and go along wiht it??
What would you do as a member of the USA military?
Confiscate personal property and the food supply?
Seperate families and chain down americans?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Let's put this to the test..

1. If this were to happen will you sit back and take orders or will you fight?

2. If 30% of the countries population decided to fight that would 100 million people armed against the government.

3. All of our troops are overseas..

4. Ain't going to happen....

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The soldier is trained to follow orders without question. So the answer to your questions is yes most would, without hesitation.

Sad but true

Most cops would also.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
lets talk police. In oregon many are of german and italian decent.
What about the clergy telling there members to give up there arms?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zeusadam

to an extent yes. it would depend on the situation. i personaly would never fire on unarmed civilans.

a few years ago the govener of south carolina sent state troopers to the GA border to block nuclear materials form comming into our bomb plant, shortly there after we were dispatched to disband the state troopers. they gave us live ammo. being in an armored unit it didnt take the troopers long to decide to let the trucks in. about 5 minutes i think. the only news coverage it got was two parahgraphs in the local paper.

whould i have pulled the trigger. more than likely not.

edit to add. i cant even find the article now. probably burried.

[edit on 15pmu32007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Martial law was declared in 1863.

Ever hear of General Orders 100?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Is there any way to poll this?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
Let's put this to the test..

1. If this were to happen will you sit back and take orders or will you fight?

2. If 30% of the countries population decided to fight that would 100 million people armed against the government.

3. All of our troops are overseas..

4. Ain't going to happen....

only about 1/2 of our troops are over seas. if that..

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
No country has ever taken over it's citizens with it's own army. They are out numbered 1000 to 1 and many of those who would be against the current army are former military with much better skills. You want to face a decorated marine from Vietnam or one from desert storm, etc? Today's soldiers are whimps when compared to their WWII, Korea and Vietnam counterparts...

[edit on 3-7-2008 by GrndLkNatv]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
"Martial law was declared in 1863"

Lot of good that did! How many people died fighting until one gave up?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Maybe they could come up with some lie that they are there to help save you. Maybe youd believe it until it was to late. and is there a signed order for help from UN soldiers? What if they let loose a biological attack and told the soldiers theyd die if theyy helped them opr that it would spread if they did not shoot?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Living in a military town, it's still a tough call as to what most soldiers would do. I've found differing degrees of mindless following of orders amongst the various branches of the military.

Most Army I've interacted with are so brainwashed they still think Saddam paid Osama to perpetrate 9/11. The Army soldiers in my neighborhood chomp at the bit to go back to Iraq. They see it as a game where they get to use live ammo. One in particular never shuts up about how "cool" the puffs of red mist are (when he shoots someone). Pathetic.

Marines, although my interaction with them is a lot less frequent, are a bit different from my perspective. I have indeed asked a few Marines this very question, and all of them had a much more coherent response than those in the Army. They've indicated to me that they have sworn to defend the constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. If they're orders constitute an enemy action against the constitution, they have stated they would not follow them, and would attempt to relieve the person giving said orders of duty. Now this is just a few Marines that I've had the pleasure to speak with mind you.

My social status doesn't seem to be sufficient to gain meaningful conversation with Air force personnel.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
No country has ever taken over it's citizens with it's own army. They are out numbered 1000 to 1 and many of those who would be against the current army are former military with much better skills. You want to face a decorated marine from Vietnam or one from desert storm, etc? Today's soldiers are whimps when compared to their WWII, Korea and Vietnam counterparts...

[edit on 3-7-2008 by GrndLkNatv]

Don't underestimate the technology at the disposal of these "wimps". I think comparing the soldier of years past to todays soldier is apples to oranges.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
And with todays technologie would they know wich soldiers to put where and wich ones would gleefully kill americans and wich ones to hava away from the desk at that time?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I advise you not to forget the infamous "military contractor". Wasn't it Caesar who used a mercenary Army? Yes I believe it was. The Economy is in the tank and big money is changing hands for these gentlemen and their varied expertise.

On a side note (currently every contractor I am personally aware of is deployed, some in Iraq (of course) Afghanistan, New Orleans, Pennsylvania, Iowa, California and the border.

Iowa for example is paying $2500.00 a week with a $50.00 per diem (daily for expenses).

And believe it or not someone just summoned former F-15 pilots to the middle-east for a contract (not Iraq not Afghanistan according to notice). Contract fighter pilots - not too keen on that one.

So, shoot or no shoot? Both

No because? I believe as the movement believes and could never consciously engage my fellow patriots.

Yes because? you shot at my brothers in arms.

As I have said from the start. Whoever fires the first shot loses.

See you on the battlefield...

[edit on 3-7-2008 by KMFNWO]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I expected more replies. So again what are the catagories that people would fall into? And what percent do you think that would have the courage and strenght to stand up tell the truth and protect you and your families?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
MOST of the ppl that i know who were or are part of the military are very aware of what is going on and no, they would not participate in any activities against the citizens of this country.

i can only think of one and i don't "like" him anyway, but have to accept him bc he is the bf of a very good friend of mine. he has participated in some pretty shady things against those IN the military (there is apparently no "rank" for his position and i have no idea what that means).

police around here i am not so sure of. a lot of ppl have had problems w/ them, however, i have only been treated w/ kindness and understanding. maybe my charm will get me out of having to conform? lmfao (teasing)

i have never wanted to be part of the military or police force and therefore i can't personally answer the questions. i am more of a "live, let live" type person so found either of these positions to be against my way of thinking.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I know quite a few shadow gov people and I can guarantee you they would have no problem doing what was best for them. In fact I never met one that wasnt evil to the core. The military people Ive met I dont think would have the same mentality. Well some for sure butt I hope for the best in peoples souls and motives but around the first group described I must say we dont have a chance.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

what it means is he is pulling the wool over your eyes. sounds to me like your friends bf is jiveing you. there is rank no matter what you do in the military. from intel to spec ops. infintry what ever you may have there is a rank structure. think about it some one has to be running the show. chances are its not him...

[edit on 15amu42007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
A couple of theories..........

1-Is our current miitary already RFID chipped?

2- Is it possible to "mass" hypnotic people, ie. Mass Manchurian canditates?

My only two fears of the Marshall law scenario...........

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join