It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror films Are they're hidden messages?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Interesting thread

I've seen a lot of the more mainstream movies mentioned, and some of the others (cannibal holocaust/salo/ichi the killer) and never got a kick out of the gore.

Ring scared me because of its weirdness, and friday the 13th part IV because I was home alone and had too much imagination.

I liked Hostel, not because of the gore, but because the 'hero' 'won' in the end. I like my movies to have a sense of justice. The kids, hit-run and toilet scenes were karmic, which I can relate to. They weren't killed for thrills - they were killed for killing/aiding in killing of innocent people, which might not be RIGHT, but seems more justified.

I wanted the main characters in a Clockwork Orange to have the s**t kicked out of them for being arrogant brats.

Salo/Cannibal Holocaust seemed to be completely pointless. Lost in translation maybe?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

When the body is subjected to too much trauma, we go into "shock." It is our body's built-in protection, given to us by our creator.

In horror films, this system is bypassed. The poor victims do not go into shock; they are awake and aware of what is happening to them, and the torture, it seems, never stops. Death even alludes them!

Perhaps this was all done to make us lukewarm, lackadaisical and accepting of things such as the treatment of prisoners in Gitmo and Abu Ghraib. en.wikipedia.org...

We look at these and think nothing of them. We've seem much worse on TV!

Slowly, incrementally in the past 10-20 years, we have been as frogs in a pot , and the heat has been turned up ever-so-slightly, and now, we have compromised our morals.

My best advise to you, friend: TURN OFF THE TV! You are being programmed! (Why do you think they call them 'programs'?)

Your friend is too far gone for help. Perhaps one day, he will be the star of his own horror movie, in a place where his worm dies not (his body) and there is weeping and gnashing of teeth...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lw2525

Then there's a group of weird, obscure horror movies I love. Badly made stuff like "Gargoyles" and "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark".

<< 6  7  8   >>

join