It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Satanism

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

The Near East was absolutely lousy with gods -- Sumerian, Egyptian, Hittite, Assyrian, Akkadian, Persian, the list goes on and on -- and Yahweh and Satan were just two out of the multitude

Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying.

Maybe you did.

Read it again and see.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Here's my rebuttal of the Sumerian theory.

In part I agree. There is no one to one correlation between the Sumerian accounts and the current identity of the satan in popular culture or specific religious texts. There are just as many texts out there, rather commentaries, that want Enlil to be the contemporary satan and others that wish to paint Enki with that brush.

I don't believe any of that gets it right. I believe the Sumerian texts speak of real people who after a horrible cataclysm/conflagration tried to restart civilisation/sentient beings in the vast ruin of the earth.

I am always mindful that the Hebrew rendered as "void and formless" in the Genesis account could just as easily be translated "destroyed and desolate". (Of course, I don't read Genesis alone because the Deuteronomist had a field day with it. I read the Book of Jubilees and Enoch to fill in some of the details especially about the angelic order that were redacted out of the creation account in Genesis.)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
well however you spin it to make it more appealing and consumable for the less informed, and no matter how provocative and benign you make it all sound, the very fact is that if you believe in the existence of Lucifer as a Luciferian Satanist, then you must accept the holy trinity and the word of the bible, now with that, you must also accept the inevitable defeat of Lucifer by the hand of Michael and Y'Shua......so i ask you...why THE HELL would you sign up to be on the losing team?!

I believe you've read too many novellas and seen one two many old school horror films to understand what Satanism REALLY is.

Not to mention, you DEFINITELY read waaaay too much Icke and Sitchin books to not have your own opinion on this topic..everything ive read here is regurgitated from those texts..

first off Sumer and Egypt have ZERO to do with Satanism.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by GodMode]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilsugag99
.Those people are probably extremists Every religion has them. I am sure not every Satanist sacrifices humans. Those stories are all you hear about in the media because they are extreme cases. It's like when people say that New York City is a scary place. People all over the country think that it is because they hear all these stories on the news. However, NYC is not and it's because of the media that people develope these opinions.

Those people are probably extremists

Ya ThinK!

I am sure not every Satanist sacrifices humans.

No, the reformed satanists do small dogs and farm animals?

Ya know, I was just reading the OP's other rant he has going on another thread whining about all the posts here being so mean to him and how close minded they all are etc:, I got to question the OP common sense here. I mean it is like the commercial about names where they show some guy named Hitler not being able to get elected for office.

Well if you have a "religion",, and it isn't about the Biblical Satan then WHY ON EARTH call it "Satanism"

If it is the same Satan only the Bible is "portraying" him as evil when YOU say he is not. Than I can only say what the hell did you expect

Jeez guy, seriously

- Con

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
yeh, I was reading up on satanism when I was like 12 (which was only 3 years ago) and it was really interesting. I thought it would be like you know satanic rituals and crap like that. Even though I think there are some, maybe? But I was surprised they're actually pretty good commandments when you think about it. Well I'm not really a big fan of christianity!

Peace and love, Kyron Weetra.

P.S anyone wanna chat about religion or anything like that just add me [email protected]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Can't say i read much of the first post it was a dooosey but will read more tomorrow.

took a look at the Joy of satan site tho and the first thing that popped up basically says it all.

“[Satanism is] mankind’s original religion”
- Satan

So i completely agree satanism is the original religion and the one and only religion that will be ultimately followed.

But.

"Christianity is not a religion but a way of life"
- God

Sorry it just seems so simple to me but hey im a blind Christian with a concrete faith base and must say i am so glad for that.

anyways will post more as i read on.
just thought id make that first point.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fLANKED

See, There is not proof to back up the statement that Satanism, especially LaVeyan Satanism, is mankinds original religion. LaVey did say in his little bible that all sinners are Satanists. And he went on to say that even the common house wife is as well a Satanist. Sinners are not Satanists. There are various other religions that to believe in and follow some sins mentioned in the bible. They are not considered Satanists.

Christianity is more of a religion than LaVeyan Satanism. It is Christianity, not LaVeyan Satanism, that has been followed for 2008 years, has a much more older doctrine, is much more established, has had wars in the name of there deity and continues to do so. LaVeyan Satanism originated in 1966 as "The Age of Satan".

What is a religion in the first place? A religion is a way of life. It is a way of life if you consider yourself to be a Pagan, a Christian, a Satanist, a Jew, a Muslim, a Wiccan, and so on. Both Satanism and Christianity are religions, they are both ways of life. No belief is more or less superior than the other.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

this was a very good thread it cleared up ALOT of questions about satanism
thankyou i think this deserves a flag even if i am christian

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrangeAlarmClock
A few years ago I saw a video from an FBI raid on a Satanist home. Was probably the most disturbing thing I've ever seen. These Satanists killed people and had body parts all over their house. Their victims blood they had in a glass container at the center of a pentagram on a table, the pentagram was made with blood smeared on the table. The satanists were planning on drinking the blood from the glass container during a satanic ritual. The FBI opened a freezer and there were human heads in there, because the Satanists needed to take the skulls and use them for decoration during a ritual.

For those of you who think Satanism is an innocent religion and not a cult. For those of you who think the satanists in the video I saw were fringe and don't represent your typical satanist. Consider that their religion calls for human sacrifice and all these sick rituals. You think most satanists don't do what their religion calls for? No they do. Do you think they use fake bodies and stuff? Well they don't. Where do you think they get the bodies from for their rituals, dig them up in the graveyard? No they go out and kidnap people and brutally murder them.

I'm trying to find that video again now, I want to share it. It will really open your eyes as to what goes in in the circle of satanists. The site I originally saw it on is no longer online, but I have no doubts I can find it.

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease let me know when you find this video. i just have to see it. it sounds funny.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by re22666

Here's a link to an un-biased site;
UCLA anthropoetics Human sacrifice

You may not believe in it, but, many who serve satan do.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by re22666

Here's a link to an un-biased site;
UCLA anthropoetics Human sacrifice

You may not believe in it, but, many who serve satan do.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Clearskies]

you must be a christian since you have judged me so well already. you say i do not believe it and profess to have knowledge of satan's servants above and beyond what i might have. you assume and judge. all i said was i wanted a link and that i might find it funny. i said nothing of disbelief. but i will get back to you after i watch it.

tell me something...
do 1000 pedofile priests make the catholic church a pedofile cult?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by re22666

I'm protestant, but, yes, if the specific church leaders, where they were doing it, knew, then yes.
The catholic church has MANY more cultish characteristics than that. Flagellation, secret torture chambers under convents, etc.....

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

reply to post by re22666

I'm protestant, but, yes, if the specific church leaders, where they were doing it, knew, then yes.
The catholic church has MANY more cultish characteristics than that. Flagellation, secret torture chambers under convents, etc.....

so you will join with me in petitioning the government that the catholic church be criminally charged as a cult practicing pedophilia?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I want to know what the OP thinks of the ONA, Dragon Rouge, and other "darker" sects of Satanism. Do you think they should not call themselves Satanic? What about the Yezidis or the Luciferians?

i know i am speaking for no one but myself here but I like to think one of the greatest differences between people like you, and a rational thinking satanist is this. you are so worried about what church, cult, secret society people are meeting at and what crimes they commit and then under which label you can place them. I do not care what you call yourself. It matters not what church, temple, lodge, attic, whatever you worship in. It is none of my affair if you are a member of a religion, or a religious sect, or an offshoot, or some other periphery. Are you trying to harm me? if so, i will do my best to prevent that. Are you able to benefit me somehow? i will do my best to utilize that. You go worry about what church your neighbor goes to. I will worry about my neighbors actions when he is near my home.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by re22666

I'm sorry for misunderstanding your post.
I think that those SPECIFIC dioces or churches should be qualified as a cult.
That doesn't mean much in America. No penalty.
There are TRUE Christians within the catholic church.
I think a BIG problem lies with 'no marriage' rule for some priests.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

reply to post by re22666

I'm sorry for misunderstanding your post.
I think that those SPECIFIC dioces or churches should be qualified as a cult.
That doesn't mean much in America. No penalty.
There are TRUE Christians within the catholic church.
I think a BIG problem lies with 'no marriage' rule for some priests.

but the same standard cannot hold true then for satanists? why insist that satanists are these evil awful things that you claim some people who said they were satanists did? you cannot have it both ways. either the whole catholic church is a pedophile cult, pope down. or...not all satanists can be judged by people like sharon f-ing tate.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by re22666

Who does Sharon Tate judge?
She is dead isn't she, by Charles Manson and his followers?
Many Satanists are ignorant of wisdom, whether or not they believe in the supernatural.
Whom do they serve?
Is it their belly, the Creator or the devil?

I don't believe in the Catholic church dogma or sacraments.
Neither do I believe in humanism or secularism or satanism.
I long ago had my fill of doing it my way and NEVER being satisfied.
(also hungover and stuff)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

reply to post by re22666

Who does Sharon Tate judge?
She is dead isn't she, by Charles Manson and his followers?
Many Satanists are ignorant of wisdom, whether or not they believe in the supernatural.
Whom do they serve?
Is it their belly, the Creator or the devil?

I don't believe in the Catholic church dogma or sacraments.
Neither do I believe in humanism or secularism or satanism.
I long ago had my fill of doing it my way and NEVER being satisfied.
(also hungover and stuff)

sorry, my bad, im rushing, i meant to say the manson girls that murderd sharon tate, i saw it referenced before nd the name was in my head before the complete thought. my appologies. but you didnt address my question at all. so thanks.
i am saying, what is with this trying to judge satanists by providing examples of people who did bad things and claimed to do it in the name of satan? what does that prove? what good does it do anyone? i am asking you to decide, do those random examples really resemble the religion? if so, then the entire catholic church must then also bear resemblance of its random sinners mustnt it?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
just browsing "satan" related threads and it seems to me there is a TON of CRAP thrown out there as fact and very little of it challenged or backed up to begin with. There is an ask a mason thread running and people were complaining that it is prosteletizing but id love to see an ask a satanist thread. just wondering if im the only one that would be interested.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join