It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Satanism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yeah maybe contradict was not the right word lol But you believe that Satan is not an entity but a symbol. And a spiritual satanist believes in Satan as an entity am I correct?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Ahh okay so the principles are totally different.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lilsugag99

Yes that is correct, and that means that we also believe in demons, yet not ALL demons are under the power of Satan, only the 72 Spirits of the goetia are in line with Satan.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soldier Of Darkness

Yes it certainly does, because Spiritual Satanists believe Satan is a Entity, a God, a force separate from everything, we also believe in the afterlife.

We do not follow Lavey Satanism at all.

I still don't really feel they contradict, as LaVeyan Satanists fdon't really deny any spiritual force or after life, they are just not concerned about it. This thread was meant to be about LaVeyan Satanism as it is the most popular and most misconceived and misunderstood. It is also the Satanism i know the most about.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Okay this may seem like a dumb question but then where do the other demons come from?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Caitlin there is a direct link to the Joy of Satan website's meditative guides. This is where I have drawn the meditative exercises from that I use to this day. It's grouped nicely into levels of beginner, intermediate, advanced, expert. Start where you're most comfortable. They have energy meditations, chakra and third eye meditations, and many many others. Have fun, if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Meditations

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Scurvy]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yeah I'm all sorts of confused lol I was just curious about Satanism because I know nothing about it

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Ok, contradict is too strong of a word to use, we just differ in our beliefs, I understand your thread is about your own beliefs.

But i think it's important for people to also realize that there are different forms of satanism other than Lavey satanism.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

There are many types of demons and entities, many are from other planets, planes and dimensions.

And yes, Satan actually lives on a planet, it's confusing at first, but if you read up on it you will understand more.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soldier Of Darkness
reply to post by Shadowflux

Ok, contradict is too strong of a word to use, we just differ in our beliefs, I understand your thread is about your own beliefs.

But i think it's important for people to also realize that there are different forms of satanism other than Lavey satanism.

I agree whole heartedly and I would suggest you start a thread on Spiritual Satanism as you know more about than I.

I do think it's important for people to have a proper understanding of Satanism, be it LaVeyan or Spiritual.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Got you... I guess I would just have to read up to fully understand the differences. They just seem totally different to me but yet are different sects under Satanism.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Well, feel free to ask the OP anything you want to know about Laveyan satanism, he knows alot more about it than I do.

I'll start a thread on spiritual satanism sometime, then you can feel free to ask me more about my own beliefs in spiritual satanism.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by The Soldier Of Darkness]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux

Originally posted by lilsugag99
I have a question. What is the standpoint of Satanism on the hereafter? I had heard an interview on C2C with a man named Joshua P Warren that stated that Satanists do not believe there is anything after life here on Earth.

Good question.

Satanism does not believe in an after life because it is a religion of the Earth, it is a religion for the living, not the dead. All of it's basic tenants and rules are concerned only with Earthly existence.

Personally I feel that worrying about the afterlife does very little except hamper my enjoyment of the life I do have. There is no one alive who can prove there is or isn't an afterlife, there is no one who can prove which concept of an afterlife is correct, therefore I see very little point in concerning oneself with it.

Perhaps you were to hold fast to one concept of the here after and upon death find out that not only were you wrong but you were doing the exact opposite of what you were supposed to. There is no way to until that day that death overtakes you.

I have one other question though. If you do not believe in an afterlife I take it you also do not believe in spirits or ghosts?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

Thank you for the info

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilsugag99

I have one other question though. If you do not believe in an afterlife I take it you also do not believe in spirits or ghosts?

I can't personally speak for everyone but I, myself, don't believe in ghosts. I believe, to varying degrees, in psychic energy as I feel it is somewhat justified in science.

As for what it is when people see a "ghost" it can be a variety of things, dust, smoke, hallucinations or quite possibly residual psychic energy imbued in the physical surrounding by an excessively traumatic event.

Now, this isn't to say that I deny that humans have a spiritual aspect to them as what we consider personality, what we view as the individual we know as Joe or Sally, is basically still impossible to document scientifically.

However, due to the importance of Randian Objectivism (google Ayn Rand) in LaVeyan Satanism I chose not to concern myself with labeling and theorizing upon that which can not be proven.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I see well the information has been very interesting and informative. Thank you for answering my questions

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Love and peace to all, organized religion and the Vatican are the true evils of the world. Vatican and the grays are nefarious to the human race

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

Satanism simply did not exist before Christianity, and especially did not predate Judaism, the various polytheist Pagan faiths, or animist faiths.

It would have been impossible and there is simply no history or archaelogical record of any Pre Christian Satanism.

Satan the word, a Hebrew word, was brought into this world with Judaism and Hebrew. Satan has never been Lucifer, that idea came later from the Christians.

There's been plenty of Left Handed paths out there before Satanism, but they did not know or care who or what Satan was or is. They have their own myths, Original myths that don't borrow terms and names from an existing faith.

[edit on 3/7/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I want to know what the OP thinks of the ONA, Dragon Rouge, and other "darker" sects of Satanism. Do you think they should not call themselves Satanic? What about the Yezidis or the Luciferians?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Thank you. I think it's refreshing to see open dialogue about different beliefs. If you can stand in your truth and still be open enough to ask and answer questions about another belief system? Wow. Imagine that? This is my feel-good thread of the day!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join