It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researching material for a book - could use some help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Sorry, but if I can't get any feedback, I'm certainly not going to let my original ideas just dangle in the wind.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by applebiter]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'll try to delve into more of this in a bit... I'm off to dinner, but one thing caught my eye right-off...

Originally posted by applebiter
The Nephilim were, in fact, giants. They were larger than either Neanderthal or Cromagnon for the same reason that "ligers" are larger than either lions or tigers. Cromagnon-Neanderthal hybrids carried the best of the cognitive faculties of both species, resulting in a pairing that produced more cognitive horsepower than either of the parent species. Pyramid builders in Egypt are depicted as having coned heads, just as the "white, bearded" gods who brought pyramids and technology to South and Central America.
If you were to make the stretch of Nephilim as crossbread Cromagnon-Neanderthal, I would say such an offspring would, by necessity, be steril. Good workers, perhaps, but not in great enough numbers nor traditional organization (based on bloodlines/lineage) to actually rule. They'd be the lifters, the builders, but not the designers or thinkers.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Not necessarily. Here's a wiki article on ligers, which are hybrid lions and tigers. There is another variety called a tigon. The nomenclature is based on patrilineal versus matrilineal parentage. One variety is sterile, the other is not. In my research, I've seen the assertion made many times that hybrids would necessarily be sterile, but all that is required is one example in nature of fertile hybrid offspring to disprove the assumption. Here it is.

Liger at Wikipedia

Here are two more articles related to implications of Neanderthal/Sapiens breeding on modern brains...

The Neanderthal Autism Theory

Evidence that the adaptive allele of the brain size gene microcephalin introgressed into Homo sapiens from an archaic Homo lineage

I think that many of the assumptions we make about Neanderthal culture and mentality are based on researcher biases, and there again, many researchers don't know what you and I know.

For example, Neanderthal tools have recently been found in Sussex which actually are of superior craftsmanship to the tools found with contemporary "moderns". This belies the commonly-held notion of Neanderthal's slow wit. Also, flower pollen has been found at Neanderthal burial sites, indicating the capacity for symbolic thought - something that many do not want to believe. Why not?

There are tell-tale signs that I have encountered peripheral to Neanderthal research which might indicate that there is... resistance... to the changing understanding of Neanderthal. And that, of course, suits my burgeoning theory.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by applebiter]

[edit on 3-7-2008 by applebiter]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
oops

[edit on 4-7-2008 by applebiter]

top topics

join