It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge rebukes Bush admin on warrantless spying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Judge rebukes Bush admin on warrantless spying

rawstory.com

A federal judge in California has rejected President Bush's stated view that he is authorized to ignore the law and institute warrantless surveillance of Americans.

US District Court Judge Vaughn R. Walker confirmed that the 30-year-old Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act is the "exclusive" means for domestic intelligence collection. Walker, chief judge for the Northern District of California, is hearing legal challenges to the National Security Agency's warrantless wiretapping program as well as lawsuits against telecommunications companies AT&T and Verizon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
So now a judge throws a blow to G. Bush. I wonder how many other judges will stand up to this, or bow down before their master? I just can't seem to grasp how many people in America turn a blind eye to this mee.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Sorry for the double-post.

Ongoing Discussion Here:

Thread

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Absolutely amazing how the exact same story can be spun into a complete 180 on a liberal news source vs a MSM source.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The Democrat apologists and disinformation agents on ATS really need to stop quoting from known DNC propaganda sites like rawstory, dailykos, etc. This has an actual New York Times story behind it, which should be used. Rawstory is not a "news" site, its your daily dose of Democrat talking points. We need a "propaganda spin" section for this sort of stuff, if your not going to use the original story without the partisan propaganda:

www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 3-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
The Democrat apologists and disinformation agents on ATS really need to stop quoting from known DNC propaganda sites like rawstory, dailykos, etc. This has an actual New York Times story behind it, which should be used. Rawstory is not a "news" site, its your daily dose of Democrat talking points. We need a "propaganda spin" section for this sort of stuff, if your not going to use the original story without the partisan propaganda:

www.nytimes.com...

Thank you for pointing this out. I rarely find these things out unless someone here points out political leanings of 'news' reports. We need a list to determine what is whos' and who belongs to what.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Dailykos is owned and run by George Soros. This man is another Hitler in the financial world and would love nothing more than to drag the US down till we are no longer a country. He's a meglomaniac and has been the principle problem with treasonist retoric in the media. He is also the main sorce for many if not all the rumor mills and false news that makeup so much of the content on this site.

Zindo

[edit on 7/3/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Maxmars:

No problem, happy to be of help. It irks me that we have political propagandists and ideologues trying to get away with stuff like this while the site motto is "deny ignorance."

I've also seen the political hacks try to pass off stories from the following sources as actual news, and they are all also known propaganda machines of the US Democrat National Committee: www.dailykos.com (as Zindo mentioned), www.crooksandliars.com, www.alternetorg (used to be some what legit, the political hacks have slowly taken control of it), and www.huffingtonpost.com. ATS is generally dominated by DNC propagandists, I have yet to see any from the Republican side that try to pass off a known propaganda site as news but Im sure its happened. However, the RNC hasn't been as quick to step up to internet propaganda efforts - the only big one I know of from them is www.redstate.com.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

So we are considered propoganders? A lot of stories come from rawstory.com that are not on the actual mainstream news. Look at some of DemensionalDetetives post, a lot of stories come from that source. A lot of which made frontpage on ATS.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You just proved my point.

Zindo

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Can you please elaborate? I am not following.

-J. Hill

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
jhill:

As you are quoting from a known propaganda site, yes, it would make you a supporter of propaganda. Because rawstory is a propaganda site, they often have to make stuff up or draw on old stuff in order fit the Democrat National Committee's daily talking points. Which is why they are not a "news" site, even when they have to force their daily talking points in by making stuff up because they can't find a legitimate news source to work off of.

The fact that ATS members like DNC propaganda does not validate it, it just means either the members are embracing ignorance (because most of ATS is left-wing) or the content is controversial (as it is propaganda, it is likely to be). It is still propaganda.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Can you please elaborate? I am not following.

-J. Hill

What most of DD posts is from sites that are known muckrakers. The spin dr.s on those sites, almost to a fault, are twisted to denegrate the nation,not just the present administration. The US is always the problem, never the ones trying to find a solution.

Zindo

new topics

top topics

join