It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The BTS Pet obituary

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Seeing as there are hundreds of us in BTS that have pets and are animal lovers, I wanted to start a thread so that we could post an obituary for our beloved felines and canines (and others of course).

This way their memories can be forever cemented in the BTS archives

May our furry friends rest in peace and wait for us to pass so we can forever play fetch, take them for walks on the beach, scratch their necks and behind their ears and cuddle up to them on those cold nights

And here is a link for Rainbow Bridge, an online memorial place for our beloved pets (thanks to Asala for the recommendation)

rainbowsbridge.com...

[edit on 3/7/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I would like to be the first to send my condolences to Givenmay, whose kitty tragically passed well before her time earlier today

May her cat RIP

:'(

[edit on 3/7/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I would like to say goodbye to my lil Willow kitty, the white one, he passed away today!

Bye Willow

Thankx Oz, Courtney

[edit on 7/3/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Oh Givenmay, I'm so sorry to hear that.

I love my kitties.

Lost 2 of them last year.
Daisy, age 13
Ivy, age 4
Both were ill.

And our beloved American Bulldog..
RAYDAR, age 12, died of cancer.
Tomorrow July 4th, would have been his Birthday.

Miss you all.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Lost my cat a year ago, me and her grew up together from since she was a kitten, it's a shame that they don't live longer, by the time I have grown into a young man, she is already old and sick, and then she dies, I almost cannot remember a time without her around, and now she is gone..... she was "family" to me.

I hope you've gone to cat heaven.

Anyway this thread has given me a good idea, is there any "post pictures of your beloved pets" thread here?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Lost my cat a year ago, me and her grew up together from since she was a kitten, it's a shame that they don't live longer,

I agree....i am making sure I take care of my dog so she can live longer, I cant even comprehend life without her

My grandparents cats lived to 21 and 20 years old, mother and daughter they were. The daughter was the first to go. My grandparents were scared that their cats were going to out live them, lol

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I still grieve for my dogs.

Virgil

Mose

I just out lived them as I will my current dogs, Trap and Monkey.

The pain of their death is small in comparison to the Love they give you while alive.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
In memory of Boris. He was not just a dog to me. He figured me out better than any human being could and let me know it.

Just thinking about this wonderful friend fills my eyes even though he died a decade ago.

Great thread, OW.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Great thread, OW.

I still think of my sweet Casey, a dog I rescued from a bad home down the street from me.
She more than repaid me by keeping me grounded during a lonely period.
She was my best friend until I met my husband.

We both loved her dearly. She died over thirteen years ago, and I am sure her spirit is in a happy state.

I know that when her "sister" Nikki goes to the other side, Casey will be there for her.
(Nikki, a Siberian Husky, will be 15 on 9/11...I hope.)

*wipes tears from eyes*

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I still think of my sweet Casey, a dog I rescued from a bad home down the street from me.
She more than repaid me by keeping me grounded during a lonely period.
She was my best friend until I met my husband.

Yes, sometimes I think I value a pets friendship more than other humans friendship. Dogs will never stab you in the back, steal your spouse or treat you badly. They are definently mans best friend

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
One of my friends dogs died yesterday of a heart attack

RIP Vashti

[edit on 6/7/2008 by OzWeatherman]

[edit on 6/7/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I was no older then six years old when my on going love affair with cats began . This was mostly due to Jessie who part Abyssinian . She use to follow me on along the guttering as I rode my bike around the house . Jessie also sat on my Mum shoulders as she cleaned the house . Even my former step dad who wasn't that fond of cats took a bit of a liking to her . Jessie still rates as the brightest cat I have known she figured out how to open a sliding door when she wanted to go out.

Sadly Jessie also proved to my introduction to death she was run over and killed at six months of age . When I think about Jessie it almost seems like yesterday that I was crying and repeatedly asking for her to be taken to the vet . Of course I did not yet understand that nothing could be done for Jessie . Over the years I have almost lost count of the number of cats that Mum and I have lost due to them being run over or just vanishing but my memory's of Jessie are the most vivid and perhaps even emotional.

A less then rational side effect to my love of cats is a desire to own a couple of big cats .

[edit on 7-7-2008 by xpert11]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I've had two losses this year, that hurt pretty bad as they were my cats.

First was my 15 year old Tortie, who of course died from old age. Her sister passed away a year before, so I prepared myself knowing her passing may come soon. She wasn't doing too horrible the last years of her life, so I'm happy for that. It still hit me hard and happened the weekend of a big closure in my life.
Second was my cat, Anubis(Arf) , I featured on here for last Halloween, pet contest posting.
He went out the window while under a family members care, he was hit by a car and it was assumed he died on impact. He was two and a half years old. This affected me more as it was a spontaneous death. Really I'm still not over it.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

Sorry about your meow. These are from the wife and I

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Its hard for me to believe Jake (his show handlers called him Moonstruck Midnight Prancer- I decided to shorten it) went almost 10 years ago. But he has not had a proper tribute, so here it is.

Jake was a mean, hateful dog.. To everyone in the world but me. In his 7 short years of life he tore a hole into everyone he met barring myself. I got him at the age of 6, a beautiful Basenji pup. Barkless, he would howl atop the couch nightly when I would make odd sounds at him. I cannot tell you the amount of times I had to save him from "that trip" to the vet for his temper, though.

Sadly, Jake had a genetic Basenji condition called Fanconi syndrome. He lasted for almost 4 years as it destroyed his kydneys and thyroid. I say this because I like to think that he was fighting for me. I had just moved to my town at the age of 11 and he was my only friend for almost 3 years. I didn't adapt well and he was always there for me when I got home from school. In return, I took him for walks, even up to the point he couldn't walk the whole distance. I put him in my Radio Flyer and gave him his last trot.

I made the mistake of being in the room the day we had to let him go, but I hope it helped him through it. I held him and just told him to go to sleep, which he did.

I know people who are less deserving of an afterlife. That dog is biting the hell out of people in heaven right now, and I look forward to taking him for a walk again someday.

Love you pup.

Sorry to get so deep, but out of all the writing I've done in my life, I don't think I've dedicated anything to man's best friend, and that's exactly what he was. At 24 years old, I can't imagine how hard my earlier life would have been without him.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

Awww thankx Misfit and wife, I kindly accept them!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
Sorry to get so deep, but out of all the writing I've done in my life, I don't think I've dedicated anything to man's best friend, and that's exactly what he was. At 24 years old, I can't imagine how hard my earlier life would have been without him.

Dont be sorry mate

Thats excatly what this thread is for

Also the reason why I love my dog, she's more than a pet.....she's a companion and my best friend (advanced apology to the missus)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Also the reason why I love my dog, she's more than a pet.....she's a companion and my best friend (advanced apology to the missus)

Haha, which begs the question. How many times have you talked over your relationship problems over one too many beers with a pet who just happened to be sitting at the end of the couch???

Oh only me?? Well then my cat is owed an apology for my ranting. :shk:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

they give us so much unconditional love that we owe it to them to make sure they have a dignified, peacefull, comfortable end that isnt lonely.

they were always there for us, so the least we can do is be there at the end for them.

[edit on 15/7/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Heartfelt condolences to you Givenmay, on the loss of your kitty.
As a cat person, I know the attachment I have to the 2 kitties(Tiger, male 19#, and Tizzy, female 11#) that allow me the pleasure of their company.
I cannot envision a day they will not be chasing some invisible (to me) prey at 4:00 in the morning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join