It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and the Coming Collapse - a 4th of July pause for reflection

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Fellow ATS members:

On this day, the evening before our American day of Independance, I wish to pay tribute to a great American who tried but seemingly has failed to restore our once great nation to it's original roots. A man who has dedicated his entire life to public service and to doing what is right. More or less, I just want people who may not know who he is or what he stands for to actually see first hand the leader that we have seemingly passed over.

Here are a couple of examples of the "feeble old man" in action......the ONLY candidate with any dignity, honor or common sense that we have had since as long as I can remember. Subsequently assaulted and forced out of contention by the same greedy, war mongering scoundrels that are running our media and our economic foreign policy. The same ones who are crippling our economy and slaughtering thousands across the globe in our names.

To sit here today on the eve of our Independence, faced with the option of having to choose between the two transparent shills who remain in the race, I feel a sense of real sadness for our country. Sad for what could have been, angry for the lies and the propaganda and the smear campaign that was waged against a great man like Ron Paul, and utterly disgusted that we as a people have sat by and watched the last remaining hope for our country be forcibly withdrawn and removed from contention.

As our failing economy comes screeching and crashing into the third quarter, as fuel prices and cost of living become more and more unmanageable, as we brace ourselves for a catastrophic invasion of Iran and as our sham election process begins to manifest it's ugly head, I wanted to take a second to point out that we all had our shot to make things right again and We The People blew it.

Maybe when the dust is settled and the damage has been done, you will think back to this critical moment in our nations history and realize just how bad we dropped the ball. Cast that vote in November for John Obama or Barak Mccain, ultimately they are the same dog answering to the same masters. Hold your nose and pick your poison.

Just don't ever say that you weren't warned.

Happy 4th of July...enjoy it while you still can.....I will see you all in the soup kitchens and the FEMA camps

[edit on 7/3/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Great Post Blackops, but unfortunately you're words are falling on deaf ears. I felt the same way about Ross Perot many years ago. People never learn. They prefer the flashy to the substantial, and fluff to real substance.

Happy 4th to you as well, it may just be our last for a very long time.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
but unfortunately you're words are falling on deaf ears.

Speak for yourself.
You do not speak for this board.

Great post, BlackOps719. Ron Paul is a true patriot and a truly honorable man. And that is exactly why he would never be allowed to become president of this country, although I have no doubt that he's just what we need. It is terribly sad.

Ron Paul should be celebrated. I applaud and honor him.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Lloyd, I hate to be the one to admit it.... but my greatest fear is that you are correct.

People just either don't seem to understand what all of this means for our future, or simply just don't care. It doesn't mean, however, that we should be quiet and just lay down and accept it.

This country is in for a rude awakening, and I hope that when it is all said and done we still have a country left to complain about.

Somewhere along the line people have failed to see the urgency and the sheer desperation in regard to the financial situation that we are all facing. It is dire and almost unbelievable when you look at the numbers, more horrific than most people even care to believe or can possibly understand.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by LLoyd45
but unfortunately you're words are falling on deaf ears.

Speak for yourself.

Great post, BlackOps719. Ron Paul is a true patriot and a truly honorable man. And that is exactly why he would never be allowed to become president of this country, although I have no doubt that he's just what we need. It is terribly sad.

Thanks BH......Im glad some people are not giving up so easily.

And I agree with your words completely.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I must admit that he does speak from the heart. I wish more people like him would run for Congress. Maybe then we would see a substantial change of agenda that would benefit America more. We need to break up this two party fiasco.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
BlackOps, thank you so much for this!

I need a good laugh! It is hilarious people still worship this slimeball!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Join the Ron Paul March on July 12, 2008.

I cannot go but I have donated more to him.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

The Day People Will Open Their Eyes.. JULY 12, 2008!

[edit on 3-7-2008 by solarstorm]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

He should be spat upon and his name cursed. He is the worst sort of politician, the most insidious.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Ron Paul has an admirable position on some social issues and some foreign policy. His utterly free market economic stance is deplorable though, since it defends some of the worst atrocities committed by humankind in the name of the almighty dollar.

He's not really a libertarian, more of a traditional small government conservative in the vein of Goldwater. It would be interesting to see what could have happened if he had as much sway as the majority GOP.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
He's not really a libertarian, more of a traditional small government conservative in the vein of Goldwater.

He's not, he just pretends to be one. Sure, he never votes for porkbarrel spending, but he inserts billions of it into budgets.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

He should be spat upon and his name cursed. He is the worst sort of politician, the most insidious.

Do I detect disapproval?

Savior - is this the extent of your contribution to the thread, so far it belies what I know is a more well spoken and intelligent ATS member. What gives with the vitriol?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Actually it may be that RP NOT getting elected is one of the catalysts we need for a revolution. Keep the hope alive... there's always hope. Who knows what the future may bring.

You guys and your despair...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

I don't really think you have one shred of a clue what you are talking about.

And if you want to talk insidious, pure and unadulterated evil slime bag politicians.... I think you may want to start with your adopted daddy George W. Bush. The man just may very well be Satan himself.

Now go put on your Dick Cheney underoos and swear your allegiance to the third reich like a good little fascist

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Do I detect disapproval?

Shocking, right?

Originally posted by Maxmars
Savior - is this the extent of your contribution to the thread, so far it belies what I know is a more well spoken and intelligent ATS member. What gives with the vitriol?

His lies and hypocricy. Like I stated above, he claims to be against pork projects and he does vote, sometimes, against them...however he inserts billions into bills. It's disingenuous.

Paul's record on pork was outstanding in 2006, voting for all 19 of Jeff Flake's anti-pork amendments in 2006, but his record took a stark turn for the worse in 2007, in which Paul received an embarrassing 29% on the Club for Growth's RePORK Card, voting for only 12 of the 50 anti-pork amendments.

This year, Ron Paul requested more than sixty earmarks "worth tens of millions of dollars for causes as diverse as rebuilding a Texas theater, funding a local trolley, and helping his state's shrimp industry."SOURCE

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
I think you may want to start with your adopted daddy George W. Bush. The man just may very well be Satan himself.

Well, that's just insulting to Satan. Don't know what she ever did to you.

Now go put on your Dick Cheney underoos and swear your allegiance to the third reich like a good little fascist

Is that really necessary?

Do have any reason to call me a fascist? Would you care to back that up?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Sometimes there is great wisdom in giving up – the old adage about teaching pigs to sing comes to mind. Trying to get the pig-pen to harmonize a Hymn for Paul is about that.

One of the hard things that you innocents are going to have to learn is, that more often than not, discretion is the better part of valor. You may just have to sacrifice your self-respect in exchange for your sanity. As I have given up both long ago, neither holds much value for me anyhow. You should do the same – you’ll have less blinding headaches. It would be much easier on you if you simply forget about the whole out-dated concept of maintaining your levy of high-minded ideals in the face of a flood of unstoppable mediocrity. Just because Ron Paul somehow cannot see the waters rising around him doesn’t mean you should drown as well.

Also, while you are swallowing any pride and dignity you may have left (and each bite gets easier after the first, believe me) you may wish to swallow some Prozac, or the like, that your friendly state-approved doctor can provide – soon free of charge – it will only help. Otherwise, prepare for sleepless nights and smashed TV screens and being shunned at social gatherings like a syphilitic leper.

Now, you may like the romantic idea of Ron Paul standing up and fighting for your rights and such, but he is nothing more than a Davy Crockett leading you into a political Alamo.
I recognized that and let my great sense and cowardice, silence my puny principles and honor and jumped the wall. You should consider the same.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Lloyd, I hate to be the one to admit it.... but my greatest fear is that you are correct.

People just either don't seem to understand what all of this means for our future, or simply just don't care. It doesn't mean, however, that we should be quiet and just lay down and accept it.

I think it stems from a terrible combination of ignorance, apathy, and intellectual laziness on most people's part. They don't want to know the truth, they don't really care what the truth is until it begins to effect them, and they're for the most part, too lazy to do a little research on their own. It's much simpler to read someone else's opinion, or allow themselves to succumb to mindless mantras.

This country is in for a rude awakening, and I hope that when it is all said and done we still have a country left to complain about.
I believe that we're all in for a very bumpy ride too, and very soon! I'm seriously dreading this Fall.

Somewhere along the line people have failed to see the urgency and the sheer desperation in regard to the financial situation that we are all facing. It is dire and almost unbelievable when you look at the numbers, more horrific than most people even care to believe or can possibly understand.
I see it everytime I go to the grocery store, fill my tank up with gas, or see some homeless person pushing a cart down the street.. People don't care until things begin to effect them personally.

"A recession is when your neighbor loses his home, a depression is when you lose yours". It's simply a matter of perspective.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Yes...God forbid anyone actually attempt to spend American tax dollars on actual programs to help Americans.

And that source looks a little bit suspect, what neo-can think tank do you suppose created that little study?

Let's compare the pork barrell projects of Ron Paul to the multi billion dollar per day spending that is being literally flushed down the toilet on the G.W. Bush war of terror. See how those numbers shake out.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Speak for yourself.
I call them like I see them BH. What do you care anyway? You have your Obama goggles on, and could care the least about the facts.

You and I finally agree on something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join