The peace of God to all that belong to the light,
I start this thread to talk about one of the most polemical topics that ever exist but also one of the more needed in the task to purify the modern
world of the false morality that is not contributing to build the realm of God but to the contrary to create terrible chains of hate and resentment,
specially among fathers and sons.
Can we ask at least once in our life how many relevant figures of the History were considered illegitim because their parents were not married when
they born? Let me mention only some of them to refresh your memory:
- Leonardo Da Vinci, Great Figure of the Renaicencense
- Laurens of Arabia, promiment leader & heroe
- Erasmus of Rotterdam, The great Humanist
- Leone Batista Alberti, Italian architect and humanist
- Jean le Rond d'Alembert, French mathematician, mechanician, physicist & philosopher
- Saint Martín de Porres, Peruvian Dominic brother & Mysthic.
- Alexander Hamilton, Founding Father, 1s U. S. Secretary of the Treasury.
- James Smithson, British mineralogist and chemist , after who was named the famous Smithsonian institute
- The Russian poets and political writers Ivan Pnin and Vasily Andreyevich Zhukovsky.
- Marco Fidel Suarez, President of the Republic of Columbia
- Elizabeth 1st of England, founder of the British Empire.
- The legendary King Arthur of Camelot, Britain
- The brave King Shaka Zulu of SouthAfrica.
- Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz, Mexican Poet and nun .
- The Italian Actress Sophia Loren
- The Italian Actress Isabella F. E. G. Rossellini
- Evita Peron, legendary Argentinian First lady & VicePresident .
- Fidel Castro-Ruz, the polemic Cuban Leader
- Anna Pavlova, legendary prima Ballerina Abssoluta
And how many also relevant figures of the History had sons outside marriage? let me mention also some of them just to recall the collective memory:
- The famous Hungarian Musician Franz Lizst
- Christopher Columbus, Discoverer of the Western Hemisphere, named by SS.John Paul II as the principal personage of the 2nd millenium.
- Dn Hernan Cortez, conqueror of Mexico
- Thomas Jefferson, father founder and President of the United States
- Lyndon B. Johnson, President of the United States
- Jacques Custeau, famous French naval officer, explorer, ecologist
- King Henry VIIIth of England.
- King Alfonso XIIIth of Spain.
- The Pope Alexander VIth
- The Russian Tsarina Catherine II, the Great.
- King Charles II of England, Ancestor of Princess Diana of Wales
- King Edward VIIth of England (Great Grand Father of Camila Parker-Bowles??!!)
- Francois Mitterand, President of France.
- Jose Lopez-Portillo&Pacheco, Mexican President .
- Wilhelm Furtwangler, Legendary Berlin Philarmonic conductor
- The Swedish Actress Ingrid Bergman
- The Italian Film Director Roberto Rossellini
- Enzo A. Ferrari, Italian driver and Car entrepreuner
- Albert Einstein, Novel of Physics, best known for his theory of relativity
- Mette-Marit, Crown Princess of Norway
- Princess Stéphanie of Monaco
So we are talking about a so common situation that affect all the different classes of people, but that remains even in our days as source of
discrimination by the hypocrecy of some very old social norms.
But to know what was the origin of this so old tradition of discrimination against the so unfairly named illegitim childs it is necessary to talk also
about a fact that is closely related with it, that is, the concubinage in the History.
It looks that the origin of the hate against the Illegitimate children is due to the common belief that they are product of a sin, that is the sex
outside marrige, but that is something that is so relative and not very clear. If that would be the case what can we say about the concubines
mentioned in the Bible??? Prophets like Abraham, and kings like David and Solomon had them.
Let check a very interesting list of those cases in the Bible at the following link:
A Concubine or mistress was a woman that was not married with his man but anyway was accepted socially as one of his partners or relatives, under his
protection, even could live in the same house of the wife.
The sons of the concubines were considered legitim, with the same rights than the ones that were born of the priincipal wife. This is because a
Mistress is not a Prostitute, but a woman that belongs to only one man.
But we have in our time that millions of people that born every year from not marriage relationships must afront discrimination from the most
traditional sectors of the society that name them Bastards.
The Word Bastard, as it is stated in the Proverbs of the Bible does not necessarily means illegitim child, but primarly a son that cause troble to
his father, and moreover the one that contrariate or insult his father. However the most Conservative Moralilty has changed gradually its original
meaning to become the modern one of non-marriage children
Another terrible unfair use of the word Bastard is to use it for the mixed people, for the ones that come from parents of different ethnicities. That
was the costume among the ancient Israelits , you can chk it at the following link:
Is this realy the will of God? or a commandment created by the priests of the jews only to favored the racism?
Of course it was not the will of God, if that would be the case Jesus christ cannot be the Messiah, as well as David couldnt be prophet and King of
Israel since among his common ancestors it is Ruth, a Moabit lady.
Pls chk a discussion about this topic at:
As it is stated in the book of Ezechiel Chapter 18 God Never judge or condemn a person for the sins of his father or mother but only for the ones
that actually it has commited. Hence, nobody born illegitimate for God.
This is the reason for which it is advisable to read the Bible with a good guidance since it is not, as many sects claim, the word of God, but the
recipient that contains the word of God mixed with other things like the traditions, myths, chronics, history of the jews.
Hoping to have great participation of the members of the forum in this interesting discussion let me thanks for your atention,
The Angel of Lightness
[edit on 7/3/2008 by The angel of light]