It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faceless 'aliens' spotted in crowd at Wimbledon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Actually,... you are the one who figured this out!!!! Nice work detective.
DWT

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It must be the aliens from the x-files that used to come with torches and burn people and other aliens alive. They sealed their orifices so that the black oil could not enter their body.

If I see one of these guys in public, I am going to sacrafice myself and rip off their masks. Any reports of them in the US?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
It's the Question

Yeah - I believe you got it on the nose (so to speak)
At the end of the Hulk and Iron Man films - Robert Downy Jr and other characters pop up to titilate the audience with hints about the next film which will involve th Justice League...
yet another 'clever' marketing ploy...sigh...........

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Creepy to say the least but it smacks of a viral campaign. It would be extremely uncomfortable to wear something like that I'd assume and celebrities are not one to indulge in uncomfort.

Last time I saw something like this it turned out to be Madonna right after Warren Beatty shot her.

I can't believe I'm the only one who saw the Dick Tracy reference

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Shadowflux]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Some should be requested -- or required -- to wear these masks, as a public service!

I'm not all that good looking myself but -- upon encountering certain undesirable people that I've had unpleasant dealings with -- have heard my inner voice telling me that "I'd pay good money to not look at your face"

Shoot, I'd fund that mask for myself and a few chosen others.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
With all of the face scanning tech over in the UK I would think that they have to have someone's approval. TPTB would have arrested them posthaste if they didn't know what was going on. Although...it makes me wonder why they would give such an approval for something like this at such a high profile event such as Wimbeldon.
What's to keep (insert favorite terroirst group name here) form doing something similar especially now that it's been noticed how little people DID notice? That's what alarms me!

They do look creepy, but it appears to be some sort of publicity stunt for a viral campagin.

Its working...

[edit on 4-7-2008 by scarletm]

[edit on 4-7-2008 by scarletm]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
reply to post by CX

I disagree, especially now that Dan Tanna has said it's illegal in the UK to go out wearing a mask or in black face. If nothing else, it's ATS worthy purely to identify how even in the UK it's one set of rules for celebrities and one for everyone else. Should anyone that wants to be allowed to obscure their identity from the public when out in the public? Does a man's right to privacy extend that far? I think it is very much an ATS worthy topic assuming these photographs are real and not photoshopped.

I live in Britain and it's news to me that you can't wear a mask in public. People do it all the time both for fun (party masks) and controlled by men (burkas).

There is no law stating this. However, I concede I may have missed one. So could anybody please provide the statute reference. That way I can look it up on the online database of statute law :

www.statutelaw.gov.uk...

The most useful site I have ever found in the past couple of years.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
It's a viral marketing campaign for the new Lotus sports car, the Eagle.

It's a 2+2 coupe, there are some pictures on the internet if you google of it doing shakedown testing at the nurburgring, albeit highly-disguised

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It's obviously a viral campaign for a game or a movie. Can anyone get a clearer photo of the badges they're wearing?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The message being conveyed here is aimed at our society .
STOP being so superficial and celebrity crazed dont judge a book by its cover.
A face can hide a multitude of sins.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Lol a little while ago I got on a bus and there was a guy sitting at the back with a balacalava on. That was a weird experience.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is an adaption of morgan wesslers question mark.
a while back when people where protesting scientology some people attempted to do this with cheesecloths.

this is just the more advanced method.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Funny to watch people discuss what it is after hotbakedtater figured it out on page one.

"I think it's photoshopped!"

"I think it's a publicity stunt!"

"I think it's aliens!"

Then someone else catches up to hotbakedtater and gets all the credit.

Read people!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Calm down its a Lotus car Viral campaign...go to facelesspeople.com

17 days left and all will be revealed

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

Did you actually read this thread before posting?

Seems like it's a very clever ad campaign, will no doubt be a TV advert starting soon...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Darn, I was hoping it was viral marketing for the new " The Prisoner" mini series with Sir Ian McKellen and James Caviezel.
I thought since they were remaking it, maybe the faceless people were humanoid versions of " Rover".

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

It's either Draconians in a "much easier to maintain" disguise or a simple test of public acceptance.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Is that a triangle on the little crest thing they are wearing?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Calm down its a Lotus car Viral campaign...go to facelesspeople.com

17 days left and all will be revealed

Yep, it's Lotus' project Eagle.

You can confirm this for yourself, look at the facelesspeople.co.uk website's HTML source code...

var so = new SWFObject("swf/main.swf", "Project Eagle", "645", "233", "9.0.45.0", "#000000");

The Lotus Eagle has already been spotted on test tracks, but it was heavily disguised with black tape wrapped tightly around the car's body.

Picture source

The tape is wrapped around tightly enough so you can see the vehicle's rough shape, but you can't make out definite details. Similarly look how the "faceless people's" features are visible, but you can't tell who they are.

Also, check out Lotus' online car showroom.
www.grouplotus.com...

You can see Project Eagle in the centre. Currently the countdown animation says 424 hours.
Let's convert 424 hours into days... 424 hours = 17.6666667 days. Just over 17 and a half days.

Now check the facelesspeople.co.uk website - it says 17 days and 13 hours.

Snap!

[edit on 4-7-2008 by JH80]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join