It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faceless 'aliens' spotted in crowd at Wimbledon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
imo just another way to raise the ratings of the coverage of one of the most boring games out there aside from golf.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think it's one of the more interesting viral campaigns there's been lately.
You can put an artistic intrepretation to it, you can put a sociologic intrepretation to it, even believe "it's aliens sending us a message wuuuaahhhhh!".
Apparently it appeals to a wide group of people, and that makes it work. Even though Lotus is expensive.... who knows, maybe they're selling out and producing a public joe car. (if it is indeed Lotus...)

Anyways, I'm intriqued
I always found the loss of parts of ones face creepy
Looking forward to when they reveal the whole deal.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

What? No it isn't. That's utter bull. Me thinks your misinterpreting a shopping centre banning hoodies and masks as a nationwide ban.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Those two men sat there dont even look real. Its like there robots or something, the people around them dont look alarmed, I reckon its photoshop. Why are they dressed the same, sat the same? Wierd very wierd. Almost makes me want to watch the tennis to see if I can spot them.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Man, this is gonna revolutionize the wonderful world of BANK ROBBERY!!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
First, the photos are very bizarre. Second, it does look like some sort of advert for a coming horror film.

Third, I wonder if however it is more of a protest of the surveillance society which has a choke-hold on the English-speaking world.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think whoever Said its Guy Ritchie nailed it on the head. The ears appear to be an almost perfect match from some of the photos i have compared. would make alot of sense for Him to want to be left alone, plus he definetly has the bankroll

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
After some investigative work, I think I've figured it out. It's a viral marketing campaign by lotus cars (in the uk).

Here's the website:
www.facelesspeople.com...
"Face Less People"

Now look at the logo on that website:

Now look at the logo on the badge of the face less people:

Looks wayy too similar to be a coincidence.

edit: Didn't see that hotbakedtater posted the www.facelesspeople.com... website on the last page so she found the website before me. But she didn't spot the similarities between the badge the people are wearing and the logo on the website, so my post is still useful.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by OrangeAlarmClock]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OrangeAlarmClock

Wow, great find! I think you may have solved this one, actually.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Wow, that is some very impressive investigating! Looks like you nailed it and closed the case.

But as a campaign, it really is freaky.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by splendourinthegrass

Here's the car manufacturer's website:
www.grouplotus.com...

Their logo is in the upper right corner. You can see it is the same logo that the face less people are wearing, orange circle with a triangle, just on that website the triangle is black instead of blue like the people in the photo are wearing on their badge. And on the facelesspeople.com website, the triangle is green instead of black or blue.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
It's the Question

Touché.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Brilliant detective work. I suspect it could be a succesful concept for them, but I shouldn't think I'd buy such a vehicle after seeing these images.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Did someone say Tennis is boring? Maybe.
But womens tennis....that'S something else

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I was thinking it was a viral campaign for the new X-Files movie coming out July 25th.If your a fan you know of the "faceless aliens"in the show,I figured maybe there doing viral for the new movie,lol.Maybe the new car will be some hydrogen fueled sports car?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The left ear of the male should be easy to identify if they are indeed celebrities.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Faceless 'aliens' spotted in crowd at Wimbledon

www.dailymail.co.uk

With a membrane of skin stretched tightly over their eyes, noses and mouths, the alien-like figures were most recently snapped 'watching' a match perched on Murray Mount at Wimbledon
(visit the link for the full news article)

Anyone think that this is advertising for the new X-files movie that's coming out.
Just a thought.

SeeYa!!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Aliens?

Why would they be aliens and not a rip off of Anonymous?

What be Anonymous?

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Even if it's just marketing it is pretty bizarre and cool. Though I was thinking they were going to be some snapshots of something truly out there in a crowd, it didn't disappoint too much. And you can see people's reactions in some of them, and it isn't very feasible that the people sitting around them didn't notice, for tennis is not that exciting not to look around

I am sure in due time people who were sitting near them or perhaps even spoke with them will blog about it. If it's for Lotus I want to know what they're up to, since I am in the transportation design industry.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I don't think the badge is the same or else they would have used the same colours. They're probably from that site though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join