It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Reassures West: No Iran Attack in 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Israel Reassures West: No Iran Attack in 2008

www.worldtribune.com

Israel has signaled the U.S. and other allies that air operations to destroy Iran's nuclear facilities are not imminent.

Israeli leaders have sent messages to several Western countries that ruled out an attack on Teheran in 2008. Israel told the governments of Britain, France and the United States that the Jewish state would allow for yet another diplomatic effort to halt Iran's uranium enrichment program.

"There has been alarm in some capitals that Israel will attack Iran over the next few months or even weeks," an Israeli official said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/3/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Hmmmm, to believe or not to believe!

Are they just blowing smoke or is this the truth?

Good news if it is true, but ....

They have nothing to gain by allowing the Iranian leaders to think that they won't be attacking them now, nothing to gain at all except maybe a surpise attack!

They are claiming that their military has been "weakened" due to budget cuts and is incapable of an air strike on Iranian nuclear facilities!

A senior Israeli security source said the military was not ready to destroy Iran's nuclear weapons facilities. The source told the Israeli daily Maariv that the military, weakened by an inadequate budget, was incapable of a sustained strike.

"Years of neglect, and cancellation of projects and budgets, have left us without strategic ability for effective attack," the Israeli source was quoted as saying on Wednesday.

It almost sounds to me like they are baiting the Iranians, or just trying to get them to drop their guard, although I don't see that happening.

I can almost see the "surprise attack" headlines now!

It's hard to imagine the Israeli military allowing something of this nature to be known to its enemies!

One good thing may come of it though, maybe it will have some effect on gas prices.

Did Bush maybe put a little pressure on Israel to come out with this statement to try to help lower the price of oil before he leaves office and the presidential elections?

www.worldtribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Attacking Iran's nuclear facility's is a larger task than most think.Its it nothing like Syria who had one plant and a few warehouses.
Iran's nuclear facility's are spread out over the WHOLE country of Iran.
And these are only the known facility's.
Look at this pic.

There would be massive civilian death if they wanted to wipe out the whole of Iran's nuclear capability.
In fact they probably couldn't do it just from the air they would have to send in troops.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Being_From_Earth]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I just started a thread with an article with Bush confirming that they tried to talk down Israel from going to Iran

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm not sure, I guess we'll have to wait and see. I think theres too much going on for nothing to happen

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Being_From_Earth

I had no idea that Iran had sooo many nuclear "facilities"!

I knew only of one nuclear plant they were building to produce electricity and then their uranium enrichment facilities.

With a little searching, I ended up here,

Nuclear facilities in Iran - Wikipedia

and it seems like there are two nuclear power plants being constructed, and then one Fuel Enrichment Plant, and then a bunch of nuclear research facilities.

I would think that bombing/destroying just the uranium enrichment plants and the nuclear power plants would be sufficient to put their nuclear weapons program (if there is one) back a decade or two!

In this link

Iran Nuclear Installations

it shows where these installations are suppose to be on a map or with satellite photos (or both).

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
By way of deception, you will make war? I really hope this turns out to be a case of Israel telling the truth, but I’ll believe it when I’m putting up my new calendar.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think the Iran attack won't happen...YET. I think it will come when we least expect it.

This tension is merely to stimulate the price of oil upward.

top topics

join