It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Core, Magnetic Field Changing Fast, Study Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Earth's Core, Magnetic Field Changing Fast, Study Says

news.nationalgeographic.com

Rapid changes in the churning movement of Earth's liquid outer core are weakening the magnetic field in some regions of the planet's surface, a new study says.

"What is so surprising is that rapid, almost sudden, changes take place in the Earth's magnetic field," said study co-author Nils Olsen, a geophysicist at the Danish National Space Center in Copenhagen.

The findings suggest similarly quick changes are simultaneously occurring in the liquid metal..
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Pretty interesting news regarding pole shifts, may be happening very soon. And scary about the solar radiation penetrating right down into the atmosphere. This is a story I am going to keep an eye on.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
If it has happened once, its bound to happen again. We humans live on such a small time scale that its hard to believe these things normally happen.

As long as this isnt some wanna be "the Core" movie timeline, and is actually going to have an effect on anything other then technology.. guess we will have to find new technologies and deal with it.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Wow - This is huge. I think the weather changes that we have seen are just the tip of the iceberg - the big $hit is coming down the pipe, and according to this article sooner rather than later...

[edit on 3-7-2008 by pityocamptes]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by primamateria

Pretty interesting news regarding pole shifts, may be happening very soon. And scary about the solar radiation penetrating right down into the atmosphere. This is a story I am going to keep an eye on.

It's a common misconception, but the earth's magnetic field doesn't block radiation, it simply directs it to the poles...which is how you get "The Northern Lights"...the atmosphere is what blocks the radiation, a shift would just cause us to have a beautiful aurora during the night. What it would do to the weather, I haven't a clue.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I wonder how the Global Warming scare mongers will pervert this into somehow being the developed world's fault?

This story, btw, probably explains the increase in ice melt at the poles of late. Certainly would seem to make more sense than the idea that we just had one of the coldest winters in recent history and yet the ice kept melting.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This kind of rapid flux makes me rethink the nuclear core theory about Earth's magnetic field.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It looks like no one knows what will happen. Scary thought. Yet it is interesting to note that the recent flooding, earthquakes, etc. could all be related to the changing precession. I wonder what 2012 really holds when the precession reaches it peak? Imagine if we cannot grow enough food due to natural changes. I think we are starting to see the beginnings of some big $hit coming our way.

io9.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I can promise you one thing - carbon taxing won't stop this.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This might also go a long ways towards explaining the sudden change of course the global warming fliptop heads took some months ago, going almost overnight from talking about Earth changes 50-100 years in the future to those same Earth changes ocurring within the next couple of years. I've often wondered exactly where that came from and this might be the smoking gun, so to speak. If they see their financial gravy train is about to run off the tracks as the MSM begins to pick up this story and intelligent people begin to ask themselves "Hey, so many changes are taking place due to this shift which has nothing to do with CO2 emissions or anything even remotely caused by man, have we been duped?" then they'll almost certainly spend the time between now and the great awakening desperately trying to leech as much money from the general public as possible.

I also wonder if this will cause the HAARP conspiracy theorists to have a little egg yolk dripping from their faces?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Good point! - Who knows? Maybe HAARP theorists will see a way to use their supposed high energy magneto-atmospheric technology to bolster the external magnetic field to compensate for the fluctuations at the core. (Uh oh - here comes the plot-line for "CORE II - the rebound")

new topics

top topics

join