It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 3rd, 2008- The day I went insane.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbydol

I understand! The only way any of us are going to make it is with the help of Jesus Christ!! I do not know if you believe in Him or not. BUT at this point what do any of us have to lose. I know, I know! Many may say to me that it's God's fault. We should shake our fist at Him. Can we really though??? We kicked Him out of our country years ago. Are we so surprised that we are now on this path of impending doom? With His help we could turn this thing around OR maybe this is what was prophesied in Revelations (sure sounds like it).
Isaiah 41:10 says "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
Now the question is "Is He your God?" "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (per the Bible)
See, all that one needs to have a relationship with Jesus Christ is to confess our need and dependence for a Savior and accept Him as that Savior.
We are told in the Bible, not to fear what can kill our physical body, but what can kill our soul (paraphrased). So you see that we may not be able to change the course of the New World Order (NWO). We may be destined to perish in a gas chamber somewhere. We are NOT to fear these people; they can only kill our bodies. BUT the realm of power they operate in is from Satan, who is the destoryer of souls. Satan can only destroy your soul if you do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ! Trust me, Christ will be our ultimate Avenger. So please take heart and consider a relationship with Christ, not out of fear, BUT out of love. He actually gave His life so that you could keep yours (eternally).

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbydol

Don't Worry be Happy! In Sept. Survivor Gabon will ne on TV. Get a six pack, order a pizza and relax!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Bloody good post.

I have nothing to add but you're absolutely right.

The super rich are godless maniacs. With more golfing resorts than braincells.

Sickening.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I'm not crying about. I could care less how much bad people make. Money means nothing to me. Though since stupid people boycott valid things and acheive their goal, well then why couldn't we do the same. I'm pretty sure even though I'm nothing in the whole aspect of the world, that I can make waves anywhere u dedicate your time. So regardless, I'm a make waves. People are stupid, why can't I be for just a little bit. See ya in the headlines.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Dude..We should be talking about why there are so many people like YOU in Colorado. Living in Texas I see them all the time. They are for lack of a better term "nuts". I feel for you bro, but who gives a crap what Rush makes. I mean really, why the hell does that keep you up at night? None of us regular people are that important, some just get real lucky...some just work insane hours and work hard. Rush just had a tiny amount of talent and got VERY lucky. Anyway if it helps their are billionaires that work far less than even Rush....More every year. Most in Russia. So chill out, life goes on one day at a time...then we die. No matter if you had 1000 dollars or 1 billion...Dead is dead you can't take it with you. Make the most out of this life and for Gods sake get the hell out of Colorado. That place must be depressing as hell.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbydol

This.
This is....

This is why I just dont get liberals.
I really really dont mean that as an insult. But ive read you OP three times. I simply cant understand your thinking.

You see a guy, a college drop out if Im not mistaken. A guy who makes his living doing what he absolutely loves, and making a fortune, despite not having a fancy degree, or a lot of polish. All hes got, is the abillity to be entertaining, and to sell his airtime to advertisors, and he is reachingt he pinnacles of success in his field. And it makes you angry, depressed, and (from the subtext) suicidal?

I look at the exact same story, and I see hope. You arent paid what you think your worht? You think Rush was getting what he thought he was worth before he broke into radio? You think you deserve to make more than the salesmen, find a better job. One you actually like and maybe, just maybe, youll be more successful at it.

Dear god if this story proves anything, its that if you can find a talent or a job you enjoy doing, and are willing to work hard enough at to be good at it, anything is possible.

Instead of "going insane" why dont your try going somwehre you want to be instead? Or at least trying to find it. Dont you get it? I guess where you see obstacles, guys like me, and Im assuming rush, have figured out how to see opportunities.

You hate rush?
Great.
Just remeber this one line.

If Rush can do it, I can do it

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

In many ways you are very right and thank you for your post. I appreciate the input!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
every time i feel i've had enough or stressed about money. i read this
desiderata - by max ehrmann
Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love, for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.

Take kindly to the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann c.1920

this month for me was a tight one.. 1300 pounds rent 300 pounds bills ..not including food.. i've had to stay up all night a few times to work as i home educate my son, ive sobbed from sheer exhaustion ..and sat on the edge of my sons bed and looked at him sleeping and thought i'd do anything for him.. and i felt so thankful to have been part of his life, and to know love like it

i have my life , the sun , the earth... i am alive .. i have the good fortune of the company of my son and the parks to run through with him..

..switch off the bad news.. and look for the good.. ;]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbydol

Originally posted by Arbydol
July 3rd, 2008- The day I went insane.

I was balancing my checkbook this morning which was bad enough when it was announced on CNN that Rush Limbaugh had just renewed his contract for 400 million dollars. $400,000,000.00

I started crying and I haven’t stopped since. 400 million dollars is what it pays to be an arrogant, high-handed, ignorant, close-minded piece of human garbage.

….arrogant, high-handed, ignorant, close-minded piece of human garbage

People torture other people for being different. Hate and racism and people thinking that they are somhow better and smarter because of the language they speak? People spewing anger and fear because of a political party preference or a belief system that isn’t the same as theirs.

….arrogant, high-handed, ignorant, close-minded piece of human garbage

People degrading and debasing others because their experieces have brought them to seeing things differently. People spewing anger and fear because of a political party preference or a belief system that isn’t the same as theirs.

OK, in case you missed it…..

arrogant, high-handed, ignorant, close-minded piece of human garbage.

I think it is very telling that you rail about people judging others and then in the same post judge someone.

Although you add a general sentiment to imply you are against all forms of bigotry and how does it all matter anyway(?), you then add a bigoted statement against Limbaugh.

It is only you who can judge?
Is it only liberals who are allowed to bitch, moan and name call because somehow they are on the right side so that makes it ok?

When conservatives do it they are evil, when liberals do it it’s ok?

Is it because it’s the “truth” that makes it ok to judge?

You know, when a liberal hears a conservative say that “people need to fend for themselves, work hard, put in some effort”, all they hear is “kick the babies, starve the dogs, skin the kittens”

What is meant is that people who can work, should work for what they want and not be handed it with proceeds of others people’s effort. It’s doesn’t mean let’s people who need help… starve.

When a conservative says:
“Young Black men should take more responsibility when they father children”
Liberals hear: “All black men are scum that need to be jailed”

What Liberals see as “hate” is usually innocent and honest commentary, it’s the liberal PC crowd that pounces on “intended” meaning.

I am really frikin tired of people on the left (not saying you are one) screaming insults and judgments at the top of their lungs towards those they do not agree with and within those insults and judgments are accusations of the very same things they are doing in the scream.

Yea.. Rush is a big idiot in my opinion, but he shares many of my views. I do not consider him a racist but he does have foot in mouth disease and a way of wording things that people can easily twist into racism. O’Reilly is also an idiot some times but again, he shares some of my views and even Olberman and Frankin, who I consider the rudest most obnoxious of them all shares some of my views.

I call none of them “garbage” because I do not believe in being a hypocrite.

I’m not going to make it……

Your post did not have to have political baiting or personal bashing to get it’s point across, you could have left it at a sadness that someone is getting paid 400 million while people in the world die from lack of clean drinking water, but you didn’t. You brought in politics and one side over the other WHILE bemoaning the political divide!

That is supreme disingenuousness

While I agree things are tough and some bozo getting 400 million just makes any sane person cry, bringing your own brand of sanctimony into it would be more valid if you weren't displaying your own hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbydol

Poor baby, only very smart...important people like Rush who 20 to 30 million of us admire for his love of this country and provide the truth to smart Americans who cannot find the truth anywhere else in the news media. Look how well Oprah has done...she provides what many women feel they need...Look at Obama, now that is the scary part you should be concerned about, he hates America.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join