It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 3rd, 2008- The day I went insane.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Arbydoll remember in the Bible it tells you to love your neighbor. Just remember that what you said in your opening post is true, you can't do it alone. But thats okay!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbydol

you're not going insane - you are just realizing the materialistic world is insane. But that is just the holographic world of fleeting phenomena.

So suck it up, live for each day, deal with what comes your way, it is just a stage on the path we must tread.

It's just karma to get involved with that kind of money. money is there as a tool of flow of holy spirit; otherwise, its just the root of all evil.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbydol
I started crying and I haven’t stopped since.

I think it's less something about Limbaugh and more about you. I suggest psychological help.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbydol

I feel your pain, as do far too many of us. I'm not going to blow sunshine up your ass. Things are bad and they're going to get worse. Some days you just have to wallow in the misery.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbydol

You are the one decrying those who have more than you because they do not spend their wealth in a way that you find personally agreeable. As such, if your not going to be a hypocrite, you should be spending your own money in the same way - why is it you are not spending every dime you have on alleviating world suffering? Why do you even have luxuries such as a computer? You must practice what you preach. Do not dish out what you can't handle.

According to your own logic, your part of the problem. Remember - this is your logic - not mine. I on the other hand am a live and let live person. I personally give my own money and volunteer my own time because I think it is the right thing to do - I do not believe anyone else should be forced to do spend their money in a way I agree with just because they have more than I do.

I don't particularly care whether you think you "ARE AMERICA" - your a jealous envious person who lashes out at everyone who disagrees with your demands that people not be able to be more successful than you. Your probably right, that sort of mindset IS American nowadays. And that is truly disheartening.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

Ummm no.

SIUYA!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

My what an intelligent response. The ATS Doom and Gloom Mob (TM) has got to start getting higher recruitment standards, its getting pretty pathetic with the people you have around trolling currently.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Actually NO. You want to chalk success up to material goods? Well then.....
I have something for you.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

your a jealous envious person who lashes out at everyone who disagrees with your demands that people not be able to be more successful than you

Isn't that the truth!

And .. you will always here "We could have used that money for -insert here-".

Bottom line, your money never goes to who you think it is anyway, especially via the government. It never will.

Make your own way, keep your own money. Get all you can take and then share as you will.

Instead of whining, do something about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The OP was strictly conveying a personal experience of disillusionment and yet she has been subject to character assassination and name calling. You may disgree with her, but is it necessary to be so hateful? Can counter points not be made without insults? It smacks of desperation and irrational fear. I think some are scared that the system that has made them so fat and comfortable is breaking down.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Actually NO. You want to chalk success up to material goods? Well then.....
I have something for you.

For goodness sakes man, if your going to troll me at least do it on something I said - this requires you reading the posts. As I stated in the post that I was using the OP's logic - not mine, because I completely disagree with the OP's logic.

3/10 for your trolling attempt. I've seen better. Work on your skills, then get back to me and I'll rate your next attempt.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Ok then.

You are the one decrying those who have more than you because they do not spend their wealth in a way that you find personally agreeable

You just compared someone who is struggling to get by to Rush Limbaugh. One of the slimiest creatures that inhabits the earth. What do you have to say for yourself?

That is NOT the American way.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
$400 million is nothing..... a couple of years ago Howard Stern got $500 million for his radio show on Sirius Satellite Radio.

Fools and their money.

One reply in and I have gone insane.

How do these people sleep at night? What gets me though, when people with SOOOOO much money organize a fundraiser. Yeah give some of your money pal!!. Hope you feel better knowing this man will burn in hell OP

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbydol

Wow,that sounded more like a rant!Good points though,good thread.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This may be a controversial opinion, but I don't want to just count my blessings and be happy with what small luck I have. So I have a roof over my head, I made myself miserable putting it there. It's a constant stress to keep it there.

What I want is not to just survive and eke out a ration of contentment.. I want to look at the world and feel such fierce joy that I have to run and jump around and wave my arms like a lunatic. And I want you to grab my hands and spin around with me! I want to steal that obnoxious man's billions and apply them to making that world happen. Then I'll share it with him!

The worst feeling you've ever had is the worst feeling you ever had. If you're poor and starving and miserable, or if you're wealthy beyond imagining and miserable... you're still miserable. Human misery, in my opinion, isn't a coin to be weighed. What hurts you, hurts me, and hurts us all, because we are one.

But tears are futile. The only solution is to tilt your head upwards and swear that you can do this, and move on for the sake of moving on. Remember that we are here to learn, and that you won't have to face anything more than you can bear. Then, when you feel you can dream again, put that energy into a bright vision of the world as a reflection of your beautiful soul, and it will be so.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

1/10 for this attempt,but I award you 1 point extra credit for quoting me out of context. Seriously, your not living up to the very high quality standards I have come to expect from ATS trolls.

The OP is the one that made the comparison, not me. Discussing Rush Limbaugh's lavish salary and then talking about how horribly you have it is called - comparing. Else we would have no standard by which to measure Limbaugh's salary - we must compare it to something. The OP offered their personal situation and in fact lamented about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Well then....Name ten billionaires who are not evil.

You can't.

They are mostly bankers, politicians and CEO's.

They are made up of thieves and liars. Thats the problem with America right there.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Just go on a murderous rampage

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

What in the world does your populist propaganda have to do with anything? I don't particularly care what you think about people with money. Nor do I care enough to do research into all the billionaires in the world. As long as they have broke no laws, I have no problem with them.

I knew that was the source of your trolling. Those good old class warfare Democrat talking points finally come out.
Hows the coffee at the Democrat National Committee headquarters - or do they have you guys contracted out to do the class warfare propaganda this election cycle?

[edit on 3-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Uhh?!? Well lets sort the oddballs out here Rush Limbaugh actually sells merchandise promoting civil war and calls for riots. Nope nothing wrong there, he is calling on Americans to fight each other based on their politcal views.

That is....
Totally normal.
Totlly American.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join