It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Muslims DON'T Tell You

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

What Muslims Don't Tell You

Women's Rights

* Women are inferior to men

"...and women shall have rights similar to the rights against them...but men have a degree over them..." Surah 2:228
* Women are less than equal to men in at least two major areas

o First, in inheritance: a woman's share is half that of a man. " To the male a portion equal to that of two females..." Surah 4:11
o Second, in court witness: the witness of two women equals the witness of one man. "...and if there are not two men, then a man and two women such as you choose, for witness..." Surah 2:282
* Women's mind is deficient

Mohammed said, " The witness of a woman is equal to half of that of a man because of the deficiency of the woman's mind" Hadith vol. 3:826
* A husband may punish his wife by beating her or abstaining from sexual relations with her

" women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them, refuse to share their beds, beat them. Surah 4:34
* Women should veil themselves when they are outside their homes.

" (Women) should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad)."Surah 33:59

members.aol.com...

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS. Please Review this link.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Mod Edit: Plagiarism is frowned upon at Above Top Secret. Please review the links in the previous post.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This is just a little off topic, but yeah Allah seems to be the moon god. I noticed this in the movie Kingdom of Heaven they make Christianity look as if the army of the Sun and the Muslim army the army of the Moon. Just a thought.

I don't like pledging alliance to anyone or anything. Just peace.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
How about this little gem from Surah 9.5:

"fight and slay the pagans (or infidels or unbelievers) wherever you find them?"

A peaceful and modern belief?
Judge for yourselves.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
If you read these in comparison with some of the laws from around the same time in any other country you will see there is not much difference. The "Holy Land" was pretty much always governed by Temple law (especially after the Romans left).

As for women's rights...what civilization actually gave gave women equal rights to men? Nobody until the 20th century, so why is this an issue with just Muslims, it should be an issue with the entire human civilization.

So Muslim's are to kill the non-believers? Kind of like the Christians did, and still do? For clarification, the "non-believers" are those that do not believe in Allah, not Mohamed. That means that Jews and Christians are not considered non-believers.

Now I know I am going to get jumped on for defending this, but that is fine. I am sure I can use the Bible and history to show that Jews and Christians are no better.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Nice point there Rook1545

"Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Matthew 7:3

That's seems to be our problem as humans.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545
So Muslim's are to kill the non-believers? Kind of like the Christians did, and still do? For clarification, the "non-believers" are those that do not believe in Allah, not Mohamed. That means that Jews and Christians are not considered non-believers.

So the atheists are still fair game?
Come ON, this may be a very old text, but it is being taught in muslim scholls around the world. When is the last time you heard of children in christian or non-denominational schools being taught their duty to slaughter muslims or non-believers?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LoKi_H

Nah.. they don't show that in Christian schools. But the media does it for them.

War on Iraq! Terrorism! War war war! Oil prices! kill kill kill!

Be all that you can be, in the Army!

so on and so on...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoKi_H

Originally posted by Rook1545

So the atheists are still fair game?
Come ON, this may be a very old text, but it is being taught in muslim scholls around the world. When is the last time you heard of children in christian or non-denominational schools being taught their duty to slaughter muslims or non-believers?

All you have to do is look around ATS at the various threads about the ME or Muslims. You will notice a few hardcores mentioning that the Muslims are the devil religion and need to be erradicated. Or soldiers saying that they are doing God's work (not all of them do that, I know, but there are some). How about abortion clinic bombers? Are they not killing in God's name?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I don't know too much about the bible and am not in the mood for searching for quotes that show a similar light to these from Islam so I am going to use a list from a response to Dr. Laura that caught my attention a few years back.

1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a
pleasing odor for the Lord -- Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They
claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus
21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her
period of menstrual uncleanliness -- Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I
tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female,
provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine
claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify?
Why can't I own Canadians?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2. The
passage clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to
kill him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an
abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I
don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there "degrees" of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a
defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my
vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around
their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How
should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me
unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different
crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments madeof two
different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse
and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of
getting the whole town together to stone them? -- Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we
just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people
who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

LINK

So although a bit off topic the point remains, the critique of Islam, to a point, is one that can be leveled at many if not all Religions.

Women in the USA were not all allowed to vote until 1920. I am sure there are plenty of people who would be willing to debate how equal women are to men today in the USA.

Yes Islam has some scary people in their mists, but I know a few and they have all been good people, who did NOT try to smite me for being a Pagan, treated my wife with respect, and basically dismissed all the crap you seem to thing is part of every Muslim in the world.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. Thank you for bringing that up, you just made my day.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

LOL Is that real thou?

The one that caught my attention was about the disallowed haircut, then he asks how should they die?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

I would like to remind people that these Laws, Mitzvah in the Torah apply to Israel and Israel only. Most of the laws in Leviticus apply to Levites only. Many of these laws no longer apply at all since the Temple was destroyed almost 2000 years ago. The Torah was never intended to govern Gentiles.

There are seven laws, called the Noahide Laws that are to govern humanity according to the Bible. They are very simple and almost every major religion on earth follows those basic concepts.

They forbid idol worship, murder, theft, adultery, blasphemy, cruelty, and being unjust or unfair in judgement.

Thats it, very simple.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yeah all of thats real. Most christians say that those laws don't count though because they were in the old testament.

Even if they are void now, it was still the same exact god that told those people to do those things.

I would never want to be a muslim or christian. There are way to many loopholes and sick laws in both books.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Ahh but "god" still gave them those laws didn't he?

God says he never changes. So if he still thinks that way, it is highly disturbing.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Animal

There are seven laws, called the Noahide Laws that are to govern humanity according to the Bible. They are very simple and almost every major religion on earth follows those basic concepts.

They forbid idol worship, murder, theft, adultery, blasphemy, cruelty, and being unjust or unfair in judgment.

Thats it, very simple.

I would be interested to know do these 7 laws apply to Islam as well?

Yes it is true, these laws technically no longer apply because newer additions of the bible has been printed and God's laws tailored to fit the day

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Ahh but "god" still gave them those laws didn't he?

God says he never changes. So if he still thinks that way, it is highly disturbing.

Can you explain what you mean.

The Noahide Laws do not contradict any Laws in the Torah if thats what you mean.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Technically they would apply to anyone.

Theyre really simple and many people follow them without even knowing it.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
What is the deal with all these mad lib "what they won't tell you" posts about religions?

Part of me could care less what a religion believes or doesn't believe. As long as they aren't bothering me, I don't see that it would matter if there was a funky religious group out there that required it's members to hold hot peppers between their cheeks for 18 hours a day.

(lol thanks Dana Carvey for the inspiration)

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
what the people of this planet should do is stop all religion and then just maybe we could have peace on earth

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join