It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Warns Against War in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Hey, sorry if this was posted, just did a quick search and didnt find it:

www.nydailynews.com...

Apparantly, Bush is warning against Israeli attacks on Iran. I've seen and read a bunch of threads lately dedicated to Bush planning on going into Iran, and I think that will happen for the most part, so I'm curious to see what you more experienced members have to say about this. Think it's just to appease people? Just act like they dont want them to, but when Israel does attack, we'll be forced to go in? Something like that maybe. Any thoughts?

[edit on 3-7-2008 by kyle6677]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
No i think this is true. In fact if you read the news in the MSM today, many reports are saying the US will not attack Iran and this isnt just coming from Bush but from senior officers as well.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is just a ploy by the administration to appease the American people. Secretly they are whispering in Israels ear. The administration does not want the US to take the blame.

As you can see below the administration is not in very good standing:

In fact you can compare these two world opinion polls and see how Iran is more happy with their leadership than the US is with theirs.

Just know that the Neo-cons are being exposed and if something happens they do not want to be blamed for it. You will see them go into deeper hiding once again. We need to keep them there.

-Kdial1

[edit on 3-7-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Yeah this is all bs propoganda... something is going to happen for sure.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well looking at those tables above, old George Bush could become the next President of Nigeria if he wants a job.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
This is just a ploy by the administration to appease the American people. Secretly they are whispering in Israels ear. The administration does not want the US to take the blame.

As you can see below the administration is not in very good standing:

In fact you can compare these two world opinion polls and see how Iran is more happy with their leadership than the US is with theirs.

Just know that the Neo-cons are being exposed and if something happens they do not want to be blamed for it. You will see them go into deeper hiding once again. We need to keep them there.

-Kdial1

[edit on 3-7-2008 by kdial1]

You can't be serious? You honestly think Iranian people love oppression? I don't want war with Iran, and I don't think it will occur...but let's be serious...Iran loves their leader? Oh yeah, well I guess if I were afraid of being beaten for saying I don't care for my leader I might lie to a simple survey as well

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

Hey, just wondering where did you get your information from? Did you go to Iran and talk to the locals, or did this come from your CNN?

I love for people to support a side, but PLEASE have some proof if you throw a claim like that out there.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Oh im sure the Iranian citizens just love the human rights record of their gov't. Im sure they love the fact that they cannot speak out against the gov't without fear of being jailed. How about if you steal something? The punishment is removal of a hand? Im sure they just LOVE the way their gov't oppresses them LOL. Yeah right.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Of course the USA does not want Israel to attack Iran. It would be a big mess, Iran would close straits of Hormuz, and THAT would draw the USA (and others) into a war with Iran. Because the West (also China) cannot tolerate the straits of Hormuz being closed. Military force (naval action) would be required to open it.

Fact is -- Iran's economy is messed up, they have big time unemployment and inflation problems, their infrastructure is falling apart -- they can't even refine enough of their own gasoline. So a war would strengthen the ability of their leadership to control their own population.

I think this is why they keep threatening Israel, supporting groups like Hezbollah, and ranting at the USA. They (the mullahs) WANT a war. They know that no one is going to invade them. And they can survive a naval war -- they've already been through one (remember the "Tanker War" in the late 1980's?)

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Of course the USA does not want Israel to attack Iran. It would be a big mess, Iran would close straits of Hormuz, and THAT would draw the USA (and others) into a war with Iran. Because the West (also China) cannot tolerate the straits of Hormuz being closed. Military force (naval action) would be required to open it.

Fact is -- Iran's economy is messed up, they have big time unemployment and inflation problems, their infrastructure is falling apart -- they can't even refine enough of their own gasoline. So a war would strengthen the ability of their leadership to control their own population.

I think this is why they keep threatening Israel, supporting groups like Hezbollah, and ranting at the USA. They (the mullahs) WANT a war. They know that no one is going to invade them. And they can survive a naval war -- they've already been through one (remember the "Tanker War" in the late 1980's?)

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I think that they will hold off any attack until after the election in November. Even though that might give McCain a boost just prior to the election, any attack will bring retaliation in Iraq, and if things go south that would reduce McCain's chances and backfire. I suspect it will also happen before GB leaves office. Timing is everything.

I think the headline should be "Bush tells Israel to wait until after the election to attack Iran".

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
You can't be serious? You honestly think Iranian people love oppression? I don't want war with Iran, and I don't think it will occur...but let's be serious...Iran loves their leader? Oh yeah, well I guess if I were afraid of being beaten for saying I don't care for my leader I might lie to a simple survey as well

Yes I am serious. Lets take what you said and replace that with America "Do you honestly think the American People love oppression?"

America is on a huge landslide downwards, giving up our liberties for security. Where instead of using physical oppression, america is using mental oppression or placing fear into us in order to control us. I would like to note I am a very patriotic American that has served in the latest 2 operations. But let me be serious.... visit Iran, talk to former Iranians here in America. I have and they are proud of their country and customs.

Just because some country has customs that are different from Americas or the western world, does not mean they do not like them. I am assuming you are from America? As I am. Keep this in mind. "Persian culture is among the richest in the world. Two and a half millennia of inspiring literature, thousands of poets and writers, magnificent and impressive architecture, live customs dating back to Zoroastrians over 3000 years ago, and other unique characteristics of the nation are rivaled by only a few countries." They are not as oppressed as you may think.

Our customs and culture is an infant (to put it in Lehmans terms) compared to theirs. We have no right to question it.

Do not believe everything that comes out of your TV, go out and experience it. Build your own perspective on the world. There is so much propaganda that comes out of the MSM it is mind boggling.

I was once sucked into the propaganda until I visited many countries while in the service and while I was out of the service, coming from a small town i found it hard to explain to my family that people from other countries are not portrayed correctly in the MSM. It was hard for them to digest due to them only seeing and hearing what the MSM was telling them.

I hope you do some research on Iran, it really will benefit you.

-Kdial1

new topics

top topics

join