It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who-What do you think will happen this weekend in season finale?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This is the first time I've started a thread on BTS.
WARNING- SPOILERS if you're watching in the US and not downloading episodes.

What do you think will happen in the last episode of Doctor Who this season? Episode 12 was GREAT, and they ended it with the Doctor starting to regenerate. His severed hand in the console room was boiling like crazy at the beginning of the episode.

Is he regenerating? Or is this going to be a multi-doctor season finale?
What do you all think?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Considering that he's supposed to be starring in the movie-length specials they've planned for the next year, my guess would be that he's not actually regenerating, but I could be wrong.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
*** HUGE SPOILERS OF UNBELIEVABLE SPOILERNESS BELOW ***

Well for one, I think that he won't regenerate. That should be obvious because he hasn't done the 'handcuff spoilers' with River, yet, and that has to occur while he still looks like David Tennant. I think that either he is mistaken about the regeneration process or else his severed hand that they kept surreptitiously showing over and over this season will come into play somewhere, maybe letting him regenerate but keeping his appearance.

I also think that Donna is going to leave the show, based on rumours I heard that Tate hasn't signed up for another year. The crazy Dalek said that 'the most faithful companion' of the Doctor was going to die. Now, I'd call 'most faithful compainion' Rose, but based on what River said in that one episode, it sounds like Donna is going to die, so I'm not really sure what's going to happen. Either case in isolation seems obvious until you see the other contradictory case, so I'm confused. I also wonder if maybe Martha will be bumped off, or else moved to Torchwood, since they have a few vacancies over there, if you've been following that show.

Donna did say once that she'd never leave the Doctor, so if she's not going to be on the show, she's probably history. Also, the Doctor noted that 'parallel universes' seem to keep forming around Donna. It is the barriers between parallel universes that are coming down, so I think perhaps Donna will somehow sacrifice herself to save everything, but I don't really have an idea how she'll do that.

And yeah, this episode was AWESOME. I can't believe Davros is back! I thought that first year when they had the Dalek Emperor and then a cliffhanger, that that was going to be Davros. I was disappointed then, but not now. I'm trying to figure out how come Davros has an intact body, though. The last we saw in the old series, Davros was basically a brain in a vat, and even the intervention in the Time War by messed-in-the-head-Dalek won't change the fact that he was still a brain in a vat, because the crazy Dalek didn't go far enough back in Davros' timeline to alter that. I'm hoping that's going to be explained.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It was one of my favorite episodes of the new series!! I've heard rumors of a multi-doctor story to end the season, and was wondering if anyone else heard. I did notice that at the end when it said "to be continued" that it was in the old 7th doctor silver block letters. I then noticed when I watched the following Confidential episode that they had Sylvester McCoy speaking about something and he was dressed in full costume (including umbrella). Maybe I'm so psyched I'm seeing red-herrings where there are none.

Davies seems to be very fond of red herrings and names being more than just names (Torchwood anagram of Doctor Who, Astrid from last years' xmas special being an anagram of Tardis, etc...). I figure Donna NOBLE will come to a noble end sacrificing herself to save the universe. I know Tennant is going to be in next season's movies, so I think even though it looked like he was regenerating, something else is going to happen.
HURRY UP SATURDAY!!
I'm such a dork!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I know! I am counting down...
I left a BBQ on Saturday so I could go home and watch it, even though I could have seen it Sunday... I had to watch it...

I agree with the Donna "NOBLE" part... she has a massive heart and will save her family and the worlds.

Oooooooo Come on....

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Donna is Romana. It's quite obvious. Harriet Jones is not dead either.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
And Tennet will regenerate temporarily into Eccelston who will then explain just how McGann regenerated in the Time War. Perhaps even showing it. I sense a lot of loose ends being tied up in this episode.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sardion2000

Hmm, never thought that about Donna/Romana. That would be cool. Maybe she used that chameleon thing, too, since we've already seen two precedents for that.

I also didn't consider Harriet Jones might not be dead, but if I remember right, they actually didn't show her dying, but it was strongly implied by Daleks shooting, though offscreen, so it is possible they took her prisoner or something, maybe to torture her into giving them access to that computer system she was using.

I don't think we'll find out about what happened to McGann. Seems to me I read somewhere that Russel Davies is purposely not going to get into that. Also, it might be possible (assuming the novels don't contradict what I'm about to say) that it was not McGann, but Eccelston, who fought in the Time War. We don't really know when he regenerated, but it does make sense it would be after the biggest battle of all time, so we assume it was during the Time War.

I also saw somewhere a supposed leak that said the Doctor is going to split into two people, the second growing from his hand, and some other weird stuff like that, but it's probably just some guy messing with people.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
We do know when he regenerated. It was shortly before "Rose". We know this because of his reaction to his image in the mirror. He would not have done this had he been in this body for a while. It's been strongly implied in some interviews that McGanns incarnation regenerated as a result of the end of the Time War which he cause. He then picked up the trail of the Nesteen right after he regenerated because, you know maybe he was still erractic. He did blow up a building after all.
(Rose's employment)

As for Davies Time War theme that he said he wasn't going to explain, I believe that this is the BIGGEST red herring of them all. This is HIS curtain call for the regular series remember? Why would he leave that plot hole completely open and have the risk of some future author completely butchering it? I can see how he wouldn't want to do that in seasons 1-3 which is when he said those things, but this year all bets are off.

I also saw somewhere a supposed leak that said the Doctor is going to split into two people, the second growing from his hand, and some other weird stuff like that, but it's probably just some guy messing with people.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by sardion2000]

They have foreshadowed this IIRC. Have to watch the Children in Need Special again with Davison. Apparently the Rumor is that he's gonna split into either Eccelston and Tennet or Tennet and Mccoy(why Mccoy? because he was involved in the Act of Ultimate Restitution before the Time War became hot?) The reason why people are saying Mccoy is because he appeared on Ep. 12 Confidential episode in full costume with umbrella...... Smells half like a red herring and half a forshadowing. Perhaps it's the person that's the red herring and not the concept itself? I dunno.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

**MORE MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR LAST EPISODE BELOW! WARNING WARNING WARNING!***

Hmm, well I got some stuff right, and messed it up on others. I think we've got our new Torchwood team, but I only called it on one of them, and I got the hand part right, too, but a blind monkey could have called that one. They took out Donna in pretty much the only logical way besides killing her that was possible, borrowing a trick from the old days when Jamie forgot everything he did with the Doctor, and explaining some of the bizarre coincidences surrounding her and the Doctor. (Go Dalek Caan! Didn't see that coming. He totally pwned Davros) Also, they neatly paved the way for River to show up sometime, seeing as the Doctor won't have to feel guilty he's betraying Rose or something. (And speaking of that, the human Doctor's 'punishment' for genocide is... a lifetime in exile with Billie Piper? I need to genocide some species...)

And yeah, your explanation of McGann having regenerated into Eccleston right before "Rose" does make sense. Makes me wonder just what McGann was doing for his regeneration. Was it really short-lived, being mostly just the Time War, or did he have a whole bunch of adventures first?

And... 5 months from now... Cybermen! And no companion... yet, but River's on her way. Maybe not right away, but sooner or later. I was all ready for something weird to happen and the Doctor to cry out WHAT WHAT WHAT, but alas, not this time. Just got into his TARDIS, all alone, and took off.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I'm thinking that River Song will be introduced in the next XMas episode as the time period seems about right. I'm guessing that because of the time period of the clothes and house she was left with in the VR "heaven" she is in seems about right for the time period of the XMas special, WITH CYBERMEN! Why do they still have the insignia's on them? I thought those were a brand name from another universe? Oh well. I guess it's too expensive to create more suits that are more "traditional"...

After that I think the next 3 specials in 2009 will possibly deal with some of the loose ends RTD left us with. Jenny for one is ripe for being a companion in the 2010 series as is River Song, though it depends on when she dies in the Doctors Timeline. Is Moffats "Big Secret" of his series gonna be The Doctors name only uttered at his wedding? I really really want them to bring the time lords back and perhaps that will be tied in with his relationship and adventures with River and Genny ending in his getting wed to River Song? That begs the question, why would the Doctor marry a Mortal? Perhaps she isn't one but a Time Lord? Who knows.... I really can't wait.

Oh well, I have Stargate Atlantis season 5 to tide me over till Heroes Volume 3 begins in sept which will tide me over to the XMas special and the eventually begining of the end for BSG. After that will be a gap, unless something comes along and pleases. Whens JJ Abram's Star Trek coming out? Lol. I also hear there is a Star Wars series in the works.... I saw the trailer for "The Clone Wars" when I went to see Get Smart and it looked like rubbish...
Hope the show isn't like that.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Man, for all who watched the last episode, how bad did you feel for Donna? It was, I think, even sadder than when Rose got trapped in the parallel universe! She had grown and changed so much, and now it's all gone, and she's the same as she ever was - at least her mum will be a bit less of a cow to her now. Seriously, it's just like RTD to leave on such a bitter sweet note. This last season has definitely been my favourite. I just really feel so sorry for Donna!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rexpop

I too, felt sorry for Donna. The season finale aired here (USA) on the Sci-Fi Channel. I liked how they tied up the loose ends and wonder when River Song will be introduced. I figured he would not regenerate because of the River story line and they would not "waste" a regeneration.
In the Christopher Eccleston episodes, we did see old pictures of the 9th Doctor. The Doctor had many adventures, and probably did not look in a mirror.
I can't wait for the specials (I hope Sci-Fi buys them or I will just get the DVDs).

top topics

join