It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Nasa footage of UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
www.ufoblogger.blogspot.com...

Mass water in space? Nearest object to international space station ever recorded. Whatever seems to be investigating new solar panel.
Strange.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
very interesting - but why would NaSA show so many live feeds of UFO's...surely they would have switched to another camera.....

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
That is crazy! Especially when the object is above the solar panels passing over.....this could be the best footage I have seen.

Thanks! Flag and star for you!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

I noticed that when the light increases around the shuttle this "thing" appears.. then when the light dims.. it fades away.

Just as it's fading, the light gets a bit brighter for a second and then it fades.. as it got brighter this "thing" got bigger also before fading away as the light dimmed.

I'm leaning on glare on the lens or on the glass of the "port" hole.

The commentator is giving "his" impression of what "he" thinks is there.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
those commentators are so quick to call everthing they dont understand an alien controlled craft. Its laughable really .. Im no expert at lens flare, or light refraction, but it doesnt seem so remarkable to me that with all those solar panels , there is bound to be lens flare.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Thing I thought was most interesting was the fact they said this was taken from a live NASA feed. So are all NASA feeds available "live" for the general public? Where?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
Thing I thought was most interesting was the fact they said this was taken from a live NASA feed. So are all NASA feeds available "live" for the general public? Where?

I believe that they meant that it was intercepted from nasa. If not, then there is a Nasa channel. We get that channel at the university.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
deeeze are very interesting veedios but nothing screams alien to me.

the anomily around the solar panel is weird but could be water ?

is the space shuttle actually flying as fast as they say or is it stationary and the earth is rotating to make it seem as if the shuttle is moving ? how could any space debris fly along with the shuttle if it was actually going that fast.

here is diss link to utube so you can watch it in full screen...

www.youtube.com...://www.ufoblogger.blogspot.com/
YouTube - New Nasa footage of UFO

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Excellent find BlackProjects.... very interesting video from our friends at NASA.
The bright flashing ones are quite simular to the ones we're seeing here in Indiana. Keep up the good work.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
www.ufoblogger.blogspot.com...

Mass water in space? Nearest object to international space station ever recorded. Whatever seems to be investigating new solar panel.
Strange.

Uhm.....not sure if it is just me but your link takes me to a Crop Crap Circles....this isn't NASA! Could you verify your link and see if it takes you to the one you guys are talking about?

Thanks!

EDIT: NEVER MIND.....just needed to scroll down....I thought it was a direct link to the actual clip but the real clip is the third one on that site.....thanks.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by TheEnlightenedOne]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

is the space shuttle actually flying as fast as they say or is it stationary and the earth is rotating to make it seem as if the shuttle is moving ? how could any space debris fly along with the shuttle if it was actually going that fast.

This is a pretty well-known thing. The shuttle orbits the earth about once per hour - it is moving around 17,200 mph at 216 miles in altitude. Also, it flies tail-first, like in that video they were showing. He stated "this thing chased the shuttle" but in fact was "ahead" of the shuttle so in effect the shuttle was "chasing it".

Anyway - here's a good resouce to know where the shuttle or ISS is at any time.

spaceflight.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bonaire

thanks for the info but what is making the shuttle fly 17,000 miles an hour ?

i don't see any rocket engines blaring. is it the inertia from the initial orbit entry ? and how does it maintain that speed ? how does the speed of the earth rotating affect the calculation of the shuttle speed.

sorry for being ignorant to the facts on this but i am trying to understand how space debris can be moving the same speed ?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by bonaire

is it the inertia from the initial orbit entry ?

Right.

and how does it maintain that speed ?

No major speed increment is needed, small corrections are done to compensate atmospheric drag in low orbit.

how does the speed of the earth rotating affect the calculation of the shuttle speed.

Depends how you define speed. Speed is relative to a reference frame. Orbital speed is defined relative to the earth but regardless of its rotation.

i am trying to understand how space debris can be moving the same speed ?

When they originate from the Shuttle or the ISS, they often stay near it for hours or even days.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bonaire

The shuttle orbits the earth about once per hour

More like 90 minutes.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This does look rather interesting, assuming I'm looking at the right "UFO", here.

What I find to be even more interesting is the fascination with these/this UFO that the camera operator aboard the ISS seems to have. Either it's a process that is known and documented and just being misidentified by us gravity-loving individuals, or it's genuinely something "out of the ordinary" (which, supposedly, it's not all that unusual for NASA, if you believe the reports).

I've never heard of space debris moving around in such a fashion - but I'm not too aware of how electrostatic forces play into all of that, either. I know things in space behave in a manner that is rather counter-intuitive to life in our atmosphere.

The fact that this light seems to be moving behind the solar panels (and show through them) seems to indicate, to me, at least - that it's not a simple lens-flare.

What it is, though, is not something I know.... I somehow doubt that UFO video footage would be transmitted over unencrypted channels (or over a compromised channel) ... but at the same time, they may be under the mindset of "what loser sits there and watches audio-less broadcasts from a place that is about as lively as a cemetery in January?"

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Just because something floats and is in space doesn't make it an ET UFO. I want to believe also but Jaime is full of it and that UFO exhibits no observable performance properties. Why do so many of these innocuous space objects float by harmlessly like balloons? If a ET UfO wanted to check something out, why not come up and take a look? Why float by randomly?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
If a ET UfO wanted to check something out, why not come up and take a look? Why float by randomly?

Did you not watch the video. It appears that on does indeed come up close and "take a look" observing the solar panels on the ISS.

While the footage Im speaking about does seem like what they describe...(a UFO through the solar panels) I can help but wonder if they (the cameramen/women) are not filming the Sun through the solar panels and the presenters are misrepresenting what the video actually depicts....whether intentionally or not there is no audio from the cameraman ..just makes me wonder.

[edit on 7/4/2008 by 1nL1ghtened]

[edit on 7/4/2008 by 1nL1ghtened]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
A couple days have passed and it is no longer on the front page
ufoblogger.blogspot.com...

top topics

join