It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesian police find bomb cache, arrest nine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Indonesian police find bomb cache, arrest nine

au.news.yahoo.com

JAKARTA (AFP) - Nine men arrested in Indonesia's South Sumatra province in connection with a cache of homemade bombs were flown to Jakarta in blindfolds and shackles under heavy security on Thursday.

The unidentified suspects were arrested in connection with the discovery of some 20 makeshift bombs in the attic of a rented house in Palembang, South Sumatra, on Tuesday, a police source said.

Members of the US and Australian-trained Special Detachment 88 anti-terrorism squad were involved in the raid on the house in the provincial capital, police said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
au.news.yahoo.com
au.news.yahoo.com
au.news.yahoo.com

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Well at least they found them in time. Another blow to Indonesia would have crippled the tourist industry for sure.

It said 16 of the bombs found in the house were primed and ready to be detonated - Close one...

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Members of the US and Australian-trained Special Detachment 88 anti-terrorism squad

Where the heck are they from, which agency? I just never heard of that group before.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by jhill76]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Interesting - i didnt see that before
Yea i did a search, but nothing came up? Could be a secret ADF SAS group?

Ill try and digg up some more.. I looked them up in google, and by the looks of things they have been acomplishing things all over the world.. reply to post by jhill76

top topics

join