It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man sentenced to 4,060 years in US Jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Yes thats right! 4,060 years in Jail. Well he derserves it.

A man in Texas has been sentenced to more than 4,000 years in prison for sexually assaulting three teenage girls over two years. A day after finding James Kevin Pope guilty, jurors sentenced him to 40 life prison terms - one for each sex assault conviction - and 20 years for each of the three sexual performance of a child convictions.

At the request of prosecutors, state District Judge Graham Quisenberry ordered Pope to serve the sentences consecutively, adding up to 4,060 years.

He will be eligible for parole in the year 3209, according to the Parker County District Attorney's Office.

"We believe it was a just result," prosecutor Robert DuBoise said, adding that he was "overwhelmed" with the judge's decision to stack the sentences.

What do you guys think? 4,060 years in Prision?

Link: Link

[edit on 24/12/2007 by JDN24]

Mod Note: Breaking General News Posting Guidelines- Please Review This Link

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Id like a link to the full news article if I could...

Talk about locking someone up and throwing away the key, I hope he doesn't see more than an hour a day outside of his cell. People that would do this make me sick and I agree with the judge's decision to stack the sentences so this freak never ever ever has the chance to do this to anyone again.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I'm unsure.
4060 years?
That's just taking the cake, rubbing it in his face almost.
Even though he committed those horrible crimes, he's still human. I don't think it's right for one human to be able to trap another human.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Yea this animal got what he deserved. He should never see the light of day again.

Pope, 43, abused the girls for nearly two years. It came to authorities' attention earlier this year after Pope made several inappropriate comments to a friend, who notified Child Protective Services.

During the trial, the teens testified about the abuse, and their sexually explicit photographs were shown as evidence.

Source: Texas Man Sentenced to 4,060 Years in Prison for Sexual Assault of Teen Girls

Two years of abuse? Photographs? This guy is a monster

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
4,060 years is a long time. He's gonna be like really old and stuff when he get's out. Hopefully, he doesn't get off in 3 years for good behavior.

new topics

top topics

join