It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man died and returned. Heaven and Hell are real

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Interesting story about a mans plane accident, subsequent clinical death and experience with the afterlife. He looks a little worse for wear but really seems to be at peace with himself. About 9 minutes.

From YouTube:

The man you see died in a plane-accident and was on his way to hell. But by the grace of God he was given a chance to cry out to God to save him. God did, and now he tells people hell is real- he experienced that darkness- and heaven is real. Pleading with you to repent and choose the Lord Jesus Christ, the ONLY WAY (John 14:6) to heaven and eternal life!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
That was a really beautiful story. At first I thought "oh no, this is going to be a fear based hell fire and damnation story", but it wasn't. I totally respect what this man said. Remember hell is not a sentence cast on us by God - rather hell is the absence of God's presence - something we choose to do ourselves. The lesson here is that once he experienced God’s pure light, he knew how much he wanted it, and decided within himself that he needed to be in the presence of God.

It’s not about damnation. That's why the Bible says "EVERY knee shall bow". Once we recognize the true nature of our creator - we'll choose that path freely. Thanks for sharing this compelling story.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
To quote Richard Dawkins who was quoting godlessgeeks.com:

"Argument from Incomplete Devastation: A plane crashed killing 143 passengers and crew. But one child survived with only third-degree burns. Therefore God exists."

God sure is a picky, fickle, biased savior.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I don't doubt that it's possible that he died and came back. What I doubt is what he has been shown. That it may very well have been the one who displays himself as an angel of light.

Even folks like Ian McCormack which I've even advertised on this board.

Since so many faith in dreams, visions, stories and testimonies. What I see concerning the subject would probably ruffle many feathers.

I'm not saying the people themselves are willing con men. What I'm saying is that it's a good possibility that they are being used spiritually by the master deceiver and con man himself.

Have a look at what Abraham told the rich man who was in hell. People have law and the prophets and at this point even the testimony of Jesus. If they won't hear them, then neither will they hear a man coming back from the dead.

So who then is fabricating these illusions? I'm not pointing fingers at flesh and blood here, it's something deeper.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
To quote Richard Dawkins who was quoting godlessgeeks.com:

"Argument from Incomplete Devastation: A plane crashed killing 143 passengers and crew. But one child survived with only third-degree burns. Therefore God exists."

You are not making any sense. Savior refers to after death on this earth. salvation is for the afterlife.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
You are not making any sense. Savior refers to after death on this earth. salvation is for the afterlife.

I wrote my "nonsensical" reply because I'm sick and tired of the religious people who give a reason to ever natural disaster or heart attack or car crash. I'm not saying that you do this, but there are preachers who tell gullible people that the Earthquakes in Sichuan, China were the chinese people's fault. Or that George Carlin's death was vengeance from God(but when a holy man dies, they call it being "called back to God" lol). Or that Hurricane Katrina was to kill "fags" and "fag-enablers."
biblicalresearchcenter.org... --> if you don't believe me

Seriously, how do they get off on making up such bull#. Nautral disasters have no moral or holy reason. The reason they happen is that we live on a cooling planet with an unstable core that causes tectonic plate shifting. Yeah it sounds boring but its better than making up bull# and propaganda against people you don't know. Again, i'm not accusing you of any of this so i'm sorry if it sounds hateful towards you.

P.S. +_+ your reply doesn't make much sense either. What's the difference between "after death" and "afterlife"?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheB1ueSoldier

hello there

you seem quite serious when you say the natural disasters are not from God.

would you have some link to PROOF of this? You seem quite adamant. I'm wondering what makes you think this. Personally i don't know

david

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I wonder if it is possible that the shock to this mans body, and the experience of death, caused chemicals to be released that gave him these visions?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by drevill
you seem quite serious when you say the natural disasters are not from God.

would you have some link to PROOF of this? You seem quite adamant. I'm wondering what makes you think this. Personally i don't know

david

Natural disasters are causes of living on a cooling planet with an unstable core, they do not require intervention from any God or being to occur. Proof? Attend a 6th grade science class.

P.S. your avatar is creeping me out. want me to make u a new one?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
ill decline your offer of 6th grade science as this does not describe the ultimate How

re the Avitar, sure fire away but please let it be in keeping with my faith

cheers

david

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
[I]reply to post by WiseSheep[/I]

I'm not saying the people themselves are willing con men. What I'm saying is that it's a good possibility that they are being used spiritually by the master deceiver and con man himself.

Well said.

Yes, people are easily dazzled by such visions.

So, let's think about this for a second, he claims to have been to "heaven" when he died (really what it was, was some intermediate place I think), but the very bible he believes in states "the dead no nothing", they are "asleep" and "unconscious" awaiting a resurrection.

So who's correct? The bible? Or his vision?

The so called Christian world, simply does not believe its own bible, when it say the world would be deceived by all kinds of false miracles and false visions.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier

P.S. +_+ your reply doesn't make much sense either. What's the difference between "after death" and "afterlife"?

You missed the point again.

You said "fickle, biased savior" in reference to a plane crash. Revealing a profound misunderstanding on your part. When the Bible refers to our savior it only means after you leave the physical plane. Saved from eternal hell. So yes your answer is nonsensical. God never promised to save us from all earthly troubles.

[edit on 7/20/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

i once got socked in the head really hard and thought i saw thor

...not like, comic book thor, but norse mythology giant-slaying thor

(true story, oddly enough it was only a minor concussion during a game of soccer...dude elbowed me in the jaw out of nowhere then kicked me in the head)

.....does that mean i believe thor is real?
no
but i do believe i had one helluva hallucination

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by drevill
ill decline your offer of 6th grade science as this does not describe the ultimate How

re the Avitar, sure fire away but please let it be in keeping with my faith

cheers

david

As requested sir,

top topics

join