It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me vs George W and DICK Cheney in Court!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I am sorry if this has been covered or in the wrong place. I was wondering if it was plausable to sue George and DICK in civil court?
Not sure if theres some type of executive law that stops me from sueing and recovering Damages from the loss of my income and freedoms, and creating an unsafe environment for my family and myself. From what I understand there arent the same rules about entering evidence in a civil case. Meaning it's alot easier to get evidence excepted in that type of case.

I get this Idea from the OJ case was thinking that it worked for the Goldmans why not me.

Well I am definatly not a Lawyer so would this be feasable? Could we all get together and bring a class action Lawsuit in civil court what if the 911 familiys were involved, and some of our soldiers families killed in the B.S. war in Iraq. I would think you could sue Bin Laden in civil court so why not the real people responceable? Wouldnt they have to atleast appear to answer the case or loose by default? I also always heard you can sue anyone for anything in civil court.

Honestly I just cant stand by anymore while these crooks get away with the RAPE of our great country and the killing of it's citizens and my childrens future.

edit for spelling

[edit on 3-7-2008 by butters30]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by butters30

You have a better chance of suing God than a judge, lawyer, or politician. But don't let that stop you.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
That's retarded because you didn't lose anything. Why am I even answering thing?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
OMG I loose money at the pump and grocery store everyday, and thats just 2 quick examples you might understand. We loose a little more of our Sovrenty as a country everyday which indangers my family and childrens futures as it does yours. Everyday my liberty's are slowly taken away so that I cannot pursue happiness or life. I am sucked deeper and deeper into economic slavery that is impossable to break away from.

I HAVENT LOST ANYTHING?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I think it's a smashing idea man....why not?

But you may want to spell evil Dick's name correctly before you go filing any paper work, you know..... for legal purposes and what not

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
So are there any Lawyers here on ATS who could tell me the legal ramifications on this?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

That sounds like a great idea to me.However in my opinion you should extend the suite to encompass both houses of congress.If someone were to bring a class action suite against our fearless leaders,I would sign on!
You would have to enjoin the judical branch in this suite.The judical would have to recuse themselves,thereby having the case heard in a citizens court.
If this country was still under Constitutional law this could be accomplished.Under Admiralty law,as we stand now,there is no chance of ever getting the suite before a court.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Thats my question though I can go down to my court house and file a civil suit against anyone I want for any reason I want. I think the price to file might even be $50. I believe it must be answered or by default I would win. Does that extend to the President and Vice prez or is there a law that makes the "Above the Law"?

I am all for a class action suit!!!

Just so the board knows this is not about money at all.

In fact any money gain from said suit would be donatated to charity after the recovery of any legal fees that I would incure.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by butters30]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
You won't win. Precedent for such a case seems to have already been set in Nixon vs Fitzgerald. In that case, the US Supreme Court found that the President has absolute immunity to civil liability resulting from his actions and decisions made in an official capacity while in office.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by vor78]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Does that also cover a class action lawsuit?

Could you provide me a link to that precident?

Would like to study it for any holes.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I've only very quickly skimmed over it, but it appears to me to grant immunity in all civil cases.

www.law.cornell.edu...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
great post..... hope it works and everyone in the U.S. sees...

star and flag for u... hope it helps get a response from a lawyer

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
the only way to get anything from him would be to personaly kill the bastard and rummage through his wallet while being tackeld by the secret servise and being beat with clubs. its worth it.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
hey butters

I find it interesting that up here alot of people are attacking u for bringing a nice idea on the surface of the board. It seems that the average ideas on ATS have suddenly changed alot . (i rember the time quite good that those so called real americans where bassing other ATS members skull for defending on of the mentioned above :-) )

But as i find it brave to bring up the subject , i wouldnt even consider in doing it on my own. First the US would care if i did it cause i'm EU-dude .
Second i don't think u can sue anyone for things done under government since that law that got empowerded by Bush ( feel free to correct me if i'm wrong guys ) and last : i can't imagine that people like them would let commen folks like us make them lose face.

Maybe one day u won't be alone and more people are gonna rise against the current state of the world. We need people to show the others like me that we stand stronger then they let us believe.

But i'm only a dumb EUer

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Spartannic]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Would this be possible after some form of impeachment? A president leaving office that way basically says there guilty of some type of unbecoming behaver or deriliction of duty of the office.

edit for spelling

[edit on 25-7-2008 by butters30]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Impeachment hearings as in whether to impeach starts tomorrow at 10 am, it should be on c-span, to vote for GWB to be impeached and to send a form letter to your representative to ask him to support this, go to the link below.

www.impeachbush.org...

Flooding the offices of the representatives to ask them to impeach is important if we want it to happen, even though this may be late in the game, it probably will open up the chance of him and others being charged with some of their crimes. Over a million people have voted for impeachment so far and the number is growing. Feel free to start a thread about this, I would, but I am too sick right now.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by goose]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So if George W is impeached is he still covered under the same laws that now protect him? If this opens him up to federal criminal charges it should open him to civil litigation as well. Someone with a Law degree plz help!!!!

new topics

top topics

join