It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans, beginning stages of martial law?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I saw today on the news that the police and national gaurd are going door to door siezing weapons from every citizen in New Orleans... I think this is a wake up call for all Americans... I also think this is the begining stages of martial law and is an abomination to our constitutional rights...

NRA Sues for Guns Seized After Katrina

The National Rifle Association has filed a federal lawsuit to recover hundreds of guns seized from New Orleans residents in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, AP reports. The suit claims that residents were left "at the mercy of roving gangs, home invaders and other criminals" because they lost their weapons. Police say they only confiscated stolen guns or those found in abandoned homes.

Full Story

New Orleans Gun Seizures Allegedly 'Creating More Victims'

Full Story

Second Amendment Groups Move to Stop Gun Seizures

Full Story

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Are you saying that gun confiscations are taking place now in New Orleans? I knew about the stuff right after Katrina, but this is the first I’ve heard of a continuing operation. Your links are from ‘05 and ‘07, do you have anything current?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

I saw this on the news the other day actually... Not sure if they are doing it now, because as I searched on the web I ran into the same thing you did... Only seems to be older references like you mentioned... I will see if I can find anything on what I saw the other night... It could have been referencing the past events or maybe it is happening... All I know is people in New Orleans are upset...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The beginning stages of martial law was when martial law was declared...in 1863. We are under martial law, look up General Orders 100.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
New Orleans needs their guns confiscated. Talk about a whole community that doesn't know how to act. I've been to New Orleans several times over and the crime there is ridiculous. The police are so accustomed to the gangs and violence that they don't play games AT ALL. They're quick to beat the hell out of you for the littlest things because they simply are tired of the bull****.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
New Orleans needs their guns confiscated. Talk about a whole community that doesn't know how to act. I've been to New Orleans several times over and the crime there is ridiculous. The police are so accustomed to the gangs and violence that they don't play games AT ALL. They're quick to beat the hell out of you for the littlest things because they simply are tired of the bull****.

Ya the way they told the story on the news was 2 sided in a way... It's bad to take the weapons because people need them to protect themselves from the gangs and violence etc... On the other hand it would be good to take the weapons because of what you just mentioned... But the way they seem to be doing it is door to door... Which leaves good people without protection... Not only that but do you really think they can get ALL the weapons? Someone is still going to have guns and those people are still going to use them... I say it's a bad idea all the way around... I also think if the US tries to take weapons they might find citizens aren't going to be very willing to give them up... You might be able to take them from peple in orleans because the situation is confused and rather caotic, but to take from the entire country will be a different story... I'd say there would be a new civil war if that started happening.. I know I wouldn't want to give mine up and wouldn't... I'd hide them or stash them... I think with New Orleans the thing that bothered me so much was the fassion in which they came in and took the weapons... They more or less demanded them and said no matter what you think your rights are we are still taking them away... More or less like martial law... Honest citizens were being forced to give up the weapons they owned at gun point threatened with violence if they didn't comply... That to me is totally wrong... At least screen the people, if they check out ok and have a registered weapon they should be able to keep it for protection...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
The beginning stages of martial law was when martial law was declared...in 1863. We are under martial law, look up General Orders 100.

Here is the link to General Orders 100 and I will have to read into this... Looks drawn out... If what you say is true then the constitution has been a scam since 1863...

new topics

top topics

join