It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floppy Lawn Gnome Attacks on Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Has anybody else seen this?
Title of the Video Translates as "Video of the "Elf" of Güemes"
Its not as scary as it is hilarious, not just because the Elf walks like a cowboy, but the girlish scream of the guy is priceless too.

Here is the video:
youtube.com...

And a second sighting:
www.youtube.com...

I'd also like to ask, why is it that when confronted with the supernatural we are so incredibly scared and dumbfounded? Take for example, the guy in the video. When facing down a 2 foot lawn gnome, why would you be so scared for your life that you would scream, shake the camera, and run away?

A 2 foot lawn gnome is nothing to be afraid of in the physical sense, but as soon as you add the element of the supernatural it becomes a terrifying and mysterious entity that you must get away from. Why do you believe people are so afraid of the supernatural even when it takes the form of a short little elf?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Youtube's blocked here at work, but t sounds like something got a good deal of play, I think there were even three threads on it in the Recent Posts page.
As for scared... I dunno if it was that or a prank.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
By the way, it would be awesome if somebody here could translate what the people are talking about in the video. There's a few minutes of discussion before the actual encounter and it could give insight into solving the mystery

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Youtube's blocked here at work, but t sounds like something got a good deal of play, I think there were even three threads on it in the Recent Posts page.
As for scared... I dunno if it was that or a prank.

Youtube is blocked at work for me as well but i have found that LiveLeak isnt and it has some of the same vids as youtube. Hope you can check this one out.

South American Gnome

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
look at the wayit moves, it legs don't move when it slides over, but it's arms wave back and forth.... guess they don't have phtoshop.
That said, as for why tehy're scared, look at some of the comments.
We think gnomes or dwarves, and we either think of miniture vikings, or hobbits.
Used to be dwarves were pretty dang creepy. Look up redcaps sometime. Makes you wonder why garden gnomes all have red hats.
In e of the posters on youtube suggested Duendes, one of those creepy gnomes.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheB1ueSoldier

Hmmm... The second video links to the "Travelocity Roaming Gnome"? Sorry to say, but that one is definitely not real.

As for the first one, I'll put US$97 on puppet on a string. It would be interesting to get some translation though...

Edit to add: Haven't seen you around for ages, B1ue! Glad to see you're still alive and kick'n.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Gemwolf ur a Super Moderator now? Congrats on the position and all its kicks. I took a year long hiatus for college, glad to see a familiar face now that i'm back.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
all the talk of photoshop, puppets and all, anyone consider it could just be a midget?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Oops, about half of my post got cut off... apparently you can't edit posts from a different IP address.
Yeesh, I meant to say, first, thanks to IamCamouflage for the link.

Second, I think it's a fake, 'cause of the reasons I listed.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
If you search you tube for Duende you'll find loads of footage.
uk.youtube.com...
or
uk.youtube.com...
The first one is my favourite as you can see it in the shot before the kids actually notice it.
Bit of a cult phenomenon in South America with a lot of convincing footage along with sighting reports.
I find the parodies pretty funny too...
uk.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The first video is pretty old. It was reported in the Sun. It was later found to be a hoax, as there were two different versions of it, one sent to the UK press and one sent to the Argentinian press.

I think they are talking about a fishing trip.

Video 1...

Video 2...

There are lots and lots of videos of "duende" on youtube, just have a search. I've spent ages discussing them on different forums, and I love them, regardless of them being fake or real. They are much more amusing than orbs.

Long live duendes!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewlip

Thank you very much for the new information, it was interesting to see a video like this after watching "Ghost Hunters" in Ireland. They video taped some anomalies on a thermal imaging camera that looked like irish elementals and it was very interesting.

new topics

top topics

join