It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Your Wife or Husband be an Android?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
OK, well searching around the Internet can be quite interesting and sometimes weird. I honestly didn't know whether to put this in Science and Tech, or Weird Stuff...

I was looking for who only knows what last night and was shocked to find this. Actually it frightened me for a moment. Between chips being implanted and the registration of every living thing on earth with the government, it just fits in , I guess.

We have replacement for just about every part of the body a person can imagine. But are we headed for replacing people all together? Why have a wife that talks back when you can have an android.? Or, the shopping bill will come down to a stop once you own one of these, in either male or female form.

People were replaced by the automation of industrial equipment. And many people lost jobs. But what happens when we mass produce robots to keep us happy and the world productive?

Is it much better to have androids that don't fight and eat than to have a real human being? If we go this path are we headed for our own extinction, not unlike that seen in the movies? How far are we from creating a situation were we can transplant the brain into a android body and live forever without illness? Will it happen?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaimless

Well personally I look forward to these type of advancements, without really pondering the gloom and doom side of things. It could turn out poorly, but in general I have hope that these type of inventions will only help us in the long run. Sure we might at some point have to bow down to our robot masters, but lets hope not.

Anyhow, I would love to be a cyborg. The possibilities in that instance really would be endless, and I love the idea.

I already have wife, but I don't think that she would have any problem with me having an automaton plaything. So cheers to the future.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
let's just say his, I'm not against it. It's a bit creepy but I personally wouldn't object to it. I think that I'm too influenced by Battlestar Galactica and their human form cylons lol.

join