It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The greatest bad tv shows...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Alright, I think this could be a great topic of conversation with alot of "that's the show I could barely remember." I do consider long running canceled shows in this category.

5. Herman's Head - If anybody remembers this show, they will remember that towards the end of it, it became real show instead of a cliche show. Characters started to show development and "Herman's Head" started having less and less show time. It was pretty good, but in the end, CANCELED.

4. Ben Stiller Show - I remember this short lived show...watching it right before bed on Sunday's I believe. The team of Ben Stiller, Andy Dick, Jeanine Garafalo, and Bob Odenkirk was awesome and is what that type of shows should have been. Screw Kids in the Hall and SNL...this show was simply amazing.

3. Mr. Show with Bob and Dave - Anybody familiar with this show would ask why this was canceled. I believe HBO needed more hours for Sex in the City, Sopranos, and OZ.

2. The Family Guy - I know it is coming back in 2005 but it is still on the list because it didn't have a proper farewell. This show was clever and obvious at the same time. The writers must be commended on this amazing show.

1. Married with Children - That's why I had the stipulation up top. This show counts. It was really a bad show, but it was real to an extent. Siblings do end up treating each other like that. The passion dies down in a relationship like it did with Peggy and Al. Neighbors are that annoying. This show skewered family problems that needed to be skewered. I love this show, but I realize that it was a bad show though....

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Ben Stiller was one of my favorite funny shows of all time too. His COPS in TIME segments were a riot!

Sir, I'm gonna need you to step away from the cave.

And you're right about Married with Children being at least influential as hell. I was watching Fox's Malcom in the Middle followed by Fox's (the other show just like Malcolm in the Middle) last night, and thinking about the fundamental shift in TV sitcoms that took place when Fox came on the scene around 1989.

Married with Children and to some extent THE SIMPSONS and their nontraditional (almost anti-family) premises are the norm now. Fox is responsible for all of it. And not just the whole "life sucks; kill me now" Al Bundy/Homer Simpson thing... think about all the groundbreaking FOX that came out during that '89 season.

Reality TV came from COPS/Americas Most Wanted. Even the advent of minority programming (see UPN) people make fun of now got big from Living Color (though that wasn't really a "black show" by today's standards). But it was irreverant, just like Ben Stiller.

All Fox. I love Fox. I just don't understand why it's news network spends so much time talking about the immorality of OTHER networks.

What the hell is Bill O'Reilly thinking saying that Friends is ruining America? Fox ruined America 15 years ago when it first came out. For the better.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
FOX has had some of the best cancelled shows. For some reason, they always put the good shows on Friday night. Friday night 7-10 is the death slot. Only one show has managed to escape: the X Files...and that's just because it was moved to another day.

Off the top of my head, I can think of several interesting FOX Friday shows that were cancelled. Mantis, VR-1, The Visitor, Strange Luck, and Millenium....sort of.

I don't know if Space: Above and Beyond was on Friday, but it just lasted one season. I loved that show...

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I must have seen every Faimily Guy, Simpsons, Married With Children episode like 10 times.

I never really saw MWC being so groundbreaking, but i saw interviews with the actors during thier comback special a couple months ago, man they took the show so seriously! They noted that they were the only thing out there that had anything to do with sex boredom in marriage as the years grow. I used to watch the show as a kid, had NO problem with it, maybe cause I didn't get the dirty jokes, but now i am embarrassed to watch it with people lol.

Funny how it wasn't that huge, it wasn't really pop or mainstream, but it kept going and was the longest sitcom ever.

In living color was Great, i may have seen every episode a couple times, that show really broke out some MEGA actors like Jim Carrey and Chris Rock. I saw keenan Ivory Williams on Jimmy Kimmel Live get hammered by Jimmy when he mentioned to keenan about ILC and how NOBODY really came out of the show lolol Infering to the mega sucesses and Keenan's UPN of death carreer. Funny how Mad Tv is not mainstram, but it's damn funny and it's been around for a while.

Cops kicks ass, they should make the show an hour, rather than just running 2 30 minute shows on top of each other. The shows end so quickly!

Simpsons show has kinda lost its luster, it's become so liberal, and what's with the jew jokes? Why do all the men in the show have to be so degregated? while the women of the show are lifted up like lisa? I know the writers are hyper liberals and the show has suffered. But every now and then they bring out some damn funny shows, like the last one where we don't get a payoff when barny and Moe are a butler and a maid in their house lol.

As you can see, I love fox lol

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Liked all of them, but many were simply victims of the time slot game, or being over the sheeple's heads....

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   
UPN had some good/bad TV shows that were great for a certain small audience.

I LOVED 7 Days. It came on right before Voyager on Wednesdays for about three seasons. Now the reruns are on Spike afternoons.

That show should have run at least as long as Quantum Leap.

Dr. Olga Vokavitch. Frank B. Parker. Cool show.

Let's do it again...

top topics

join